The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the mag sorc meta build right now?

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Gear and skills
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff and things
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same like the last two years, but now that disintegrates people by looking at them.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro is one I think.
    Burning Spellweave is another.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro+moondancer+llambris for pet build
    Bsw+moondancer+llambris for general build
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since he's asking in PvP:
    Spinner+lich + monster set (destro spinner resto lich)
    With dual wield or without monster set amberplasm+lich
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord-Otto sorry man but spinner came with one tamriel and amberplasm with soh,if you still use julianos\kagrenac and willpower I finally understand why you say that sorc is bad lol
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    @Lord-Otto sorry man but spinner came with one tamriel and amberplasm with soh,if you still use julianos\kagrenac and willpower I finally understand why you say that sorc is bad lol

Julianos is really good it's actually better than spinners in some cases
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭

In a LOT of cases. I've been doing better since I ditched spinners for julianos.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I dropped Lich for Seducer paired with Spinners and Infernal Guardian for more predictable sustain. I'm not sure when I will switch back to Julianos for Crit since I am still seeing a lot of heavy armor in PVP. If I switch I would pair Julianos with Seducer and Willpower or Lich Julianos Monster
    Edited by budrow on April 9, 2017 12:10PM
    l PaleAle l
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a LOT of cases. I've been doing better since I ditched spinners for julianos.

Personally i´ve been able to come up with one scenario where julianos beats spinner - marginally (that being shadow mundus builds).

Care to enlighten me on the other ones?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Personally i´ve been able to come up with one scenario where julianos beats spinner - marginally (that being shadow mundus builds).

The shadow mundus is a huge boost to damage. Spinners is normally better because of all the resistances everyone has now but if you fighting someone in light armor or some low resistance medium armor builds julianos and shadow will be better than spinners.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When did I recently say sorc's bad? WTF? It's strong, but not without weaknesses, since Homestead.

Nope, no Juli/Willpower/Torug/Kena since Wrobel decided magicka has to pay moar and three damage sets should be a stam thing. So, since Brotherhood.

The skills and strategy remain the very same. You burst with Curse/Frag/Fury and shieldstack/fragproc inbetween.

Only sets changed, but not really. You make sure you get your needed sustain, which used to be Seducer, now it's Lich. Then you slap on the biggest damage set, which is Spinner's. Used to be Juli/Kag+WP+Torug, but Spinner does it all at once. And finally you fill the blanks with single monster pieces or defensive Pirate Skeleton or offensive Infernal Guardian (Pirate heavily advised). Used to be Kena+Torug or 2 Torug with Maelstrom staff.

You see, old stuff with a new brand. Sorcs have just resurged after an overnerf-hiatus, and people are struggling to adapt, especially without those insta-proc-kills.

Bonus Knowledge!
    Spinner is anti-heavy meta. Against other sorcs, Julianos and BSW are better.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

'gainst magsorc. 10-15k light armor resist are nullified by Concentration+Sharpened (+Spell Erosion, optional). 299 SD is more than Spinner's. Profit?
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    When did I recently say sorc's bad? WTF? It's strong, but not without weaknesses, since Homestead.

Nope, no Juli/Willpower/Torug/Kena since Wrobel decided magicka has to pay moar and three damage sets should be a stam thing. So, since Brotherhood.

The skills and strategy remain the very same. You burst with Curse/Frag/Fury and shieldstack/fragproc inbetween.

Only sets changed, but not really. You make sure you get your needed sustain, which used to be Seducer, now it's Lich. Then you slap on the biggest damage set, which is Spinner's. Used to be Juli/Kag+WP+Torug, but Spinner does it all at once. And finally you fill the blanks with single monster pieces or defensive Pirate Skeleton or offensive Infernal Guardian (Pirate heavily advised). Used to be Kena+Torug or 2 Torug with Maelstrom staff.

You see, old stuff with a new brand. Sorcs have just resurged after an overnerf-hiatus, and people are struggling to adapt, especially without those insta-proc-kills.

Bonus Knowledge!
    Spinner is anti-heavy meta. Against other sorcs, Julianos and BSW are better.

I beg to differ, I run 3 damage sets and never run out of resources on my magsorc. Lich is absolute overkill on sustain, and spinners isn't all it's hyped up to be
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, Psycho, but you will run out of resources against competent players. And if everything else fails, one poison and you're done.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense, Psycho, but you will run out of resources against competent players. And if everything else fails, one poison and you're done.

None taken, but you're wrong in this case. I run about 1800 regen and don't use the atronach or have any magicka recovery glyphs/Armor bonuses.

I likely don't play the sorc like you do.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BSW/Lich/Pirate is BiS for destro/resto sorc imo. Insane damage, infinite sustain and major protection, GG.

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

Also, @Lord-Otto Spinners has 2x max mag and 1x spell damage for 2-4 piece, this means that julianos only outperforms it by ~75 spell damage against damage shields(2x crit bonus rendered useless) and will do drastically less against heavy armor builds.

BSW is still better than spinners by a huge margin though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 10, 2017 3:47PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those resource poisons are wicked
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    BSW/Lich/Pirate is BiS for destro/resto sorc imo. Insane damage, infinite sustain and major protection, GG.

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

Also, @Lord-Otto Spinners has 2x max mag and 1x spell damage for 2-4 piece, this means that julianos only outperforms it by ~75 spell damage against damage shields(2x crit bonus rendered useless) and will do drastically less against heavy armor builds.

Cept that sharp BSW staff bro....

Hell I think the VMA loot is more forgiving than the COA loot :)
    Picked up two sharpened VMA weapons this week in 1/8 of the runs I did for BSW.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

You must've been killed by a lot of sorcs. You have a deep hatred for them. Dear I am sorry to burst your bubble but sorcs are not op. They have weaknesses and strengths like every other class. They have three shields..okay, every other class can use two of the three shields they have and ever since harness magicka blocked physical dmg, the sorc class is nothing special, stamplars will wreck sorcs so will mag dks and mag NB's any class will seem godly if played by the skillful. Every class has the utilities to be what a sorcs is, and lich is not infinite sustain. I have lich and have 1300 spell recovery when it pros I have 2900 spell recovery for 20 seconds, I run out all the time against stamina players and poisons will ruin you. Get with the program lady this is a l2p issue. I am a magicka sorcerer and the most sorcerers I have fought before was 4 and I crushed them. Not all sorcerers are good.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

None taken, but you're wrong in this case. I run about 1800 regen and don't use the atronach or have any magicka recovery glyphs/Armor bonuses.

I likely don't play the sorc like you do.

No, you don't. 1800 regen is absolutely fine, I agree.
    I was talking about the 900 regen days of old, which wouldn't be realistic now.

With three damage sets of yours, I'm guessing you got regen poison and weapon enchants to get your sustain, which is fine. I chose Lich not only for regen, but also the backbar proc, and I don't like Alchemist. I'm assuming that's your second five piece?

Oh, and Minor Magickasteal. Keep in mind you can cleanse it.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on April 10, 2017 5:38PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

More damage is more damage if you know your enemy. And the spellcrit is there, even impen-weakened, you need crits to finish a tough fight.

I somewhat agree on BSW, but keep in mind the sharpened inferno is a unicorn, and the timing must be lucky.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naked orc with political skills.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Naked orc with political skills.

Sexy.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

just because something is hard to farm doesn't make it less meta. The question here is what is the meta setup and for destro/resto sorcs the current meta is 5 BSW/5 Lich/2Pirate. This doesn't mean other setups can't give you insane performance, this doesn't discredit spinners or julianos. Its just a simple fact that BSW gives you like 900 spell damage on proc, allowing you to hit numbers similar to a duel wield sorc who is using 1 Damage set 1 Sustain set + Pirate

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

You must've been killed by a lot of sorcs. You have a deep hatred for them. Dear I am sorry to burst your bubble but sorcs are not op. They have weaknesses and strengths like every other class. They have three shields..okay, every other class can use two of the three shields they have and ever since harness magicka blocked physical dmg, the sorc class is nothing special, stamplars will wreck sorcs so will mag dks and mag NB's any class will seem godly if played by the skillful. Every class has the utilities to be what a sorcs is, and lich is not infinite sustain. I have lich and have 1300 spell recovery when it pros I have 2900 spell recovery for 20 seconds, I run out all the time against stamina players and poisons will ruin you. Get with the program lady this is a l2p issue. I am a magicka sorcerer and the most sorcerers I have fought before was 4 and I crushed them. Not all sorcerers are good.

I don't think sorc is OP at all. I think you have reading issues. I clearly say that BSW/Lich/Pirate gives insane damage, infinite sustain, and incredible defense. Just because sorc can get these things doesn't make it OP because with the champion point system every single class and resource combo is able to get these things.

Also, if you're running out of magika with lich, even with resource poisons, you're the one with an l2p issue.

Personally, I don't play my sorc with a sustain set because I'm not a trash can and I can sustain without needing lich, even against poisons, which gives me WAY more damage than you have(50k magika pool + 3k spell damage).

Don't make me post that video of @Lord_Hev dumpstering you open world in like 9 seconds
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 11, 2017 2:38PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

just because something is hard to farm doesn't make it less meta. The question here is what is the meta setup and for destro/resto sorcs the current meta is 5 BSW/5 Lich/2Pirate. This doesn't mean other setups can't give you insane performance, this doesn't discredit spinners or julianos. Its just a simple fact that BSW gives you like 900 spell damage on proc, allowing you to hit numbers similar to a duel wield sorc who is using 1 Damage set 1 Sustain set + Pirate

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

I don't think sorc is OP at all. I think you have reading issues. I clearly say that BSW/Lich/Pirate gives insane damage, infinite sustain, and incredible defense. Just because sorc can get these things doesn't make it OP because with the champion point system every single class and resource combo is able to get these things.

Also, if you're running out of magika with lich, even with resource poisons, you're the one with an l2p issue.

Personally, I don't play my sorc with a sustain set because I'm not a trash can and I can sustain without needing lich, even against poisons, which gives me WAY more damage than you have(50k magika pool + 3k spell damage).

Don't make me post that video of @Lord_Hev dumpstering you open world in like 9 seconds

Sick
    PC EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

BSW >>>>>>> Spinners

Sick

"king of the sorcs" can't even manage his magika pool with lich. King of the dumpster...

@Micah_Bayer where you at dumpster boi?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 11, 2017 2:43PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @Lexxypwns why you do that man like that.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wish there was a way to reliably utilize BSW on a DW sorc build... That would be nasty lol.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Wish there was a way to reliably utilize BSW on a DW sorc build... That would be nasty lol.

Indeed! Reliable is not easy in PvP lol.

It's not on my sorc, but I like:

Transmutation
    Pirate or troll king
    Something else (atm switched Alchemist for Guile)

It's currently on my mNB but can easily be put on a sorc.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds