The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eye of Flame

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread not too long ago asking what people thought was the most op PvP ability. I said rapids. Eye on its own isn't anything to sing about, but the skills which support it in a group are..
    I see a lot of complaints around eye with gap closers.. Its not just that. Its that the groups using it have people constantly spamming rapids and purge which creates a group running a mobile ulti which is CONSTANTLY moving with major expedition, is CONSTANTLY un-snareable and un-rootable..
    The only ways to escape is to be both faster than than and to predict their direction correctly, or to pop every defensive ability you have and run/roll/streak right through them to minimise the time you're in contact with eye.

Ofc the best thing to do is just go elsewhere.. 9 times out of 10 these groups in my server are just farming, and not playing the campaign.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    They do it inside keeps and on bridges and gates, avoiding it is pretty impossible at least half the time.

mist form.. on my stamina character??

Yes. Like Mikey, try it, you'll like it!
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I learned in every mmo since ever is to stand in the obvious big red circle of aoe. Damn healers, do your job!
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that crazy now about ESO is a burst specced Emp with it.... But I also do not like the Emp mechanic ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hankrabbit wrote: »
    l2p

What would you recommend for my first lesson as I l2p - get destro, get in a zerg and all spam Eye of Flame? is that how you roll wit your pro's?

No, first things is to understand under which situations poeple cast the utli: Usually they drag you in a in a small valley or corridor. And those who aren't smart enough to grasp the situation get what they deserve ;-)
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 heartland 5 lekis and quick cloak. With cp I get an aoe reduction of 80% and higher. I look for these Ult spammers and destroy them
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a zerg, literally hit him all at once and he dies. L2p is the right answer.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EOS trains on TF are just stupid ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you guys who are still dying to 1 or even 3 of these EoTS users stacked on top of each other. It is a L2P issue. I can't count how many times I get the 4 poor SoBs who think it's going to be a "I win button" against me only to figure out the error in their ways. If I can survive 4 sometimes more EoTS getting dropped on me as a DD or a Healer, and not a tank. Then I really don't know what to say to you other then L2P, and or maybe recheck your build and Champion Point allocation.

Because if you are still dying to this clown show of a ultimate from 1 to 3 guys. Then that means you are running no resistances at all, and has no mind or awareness to get out of it. If this is the case then my guess is Incap or DBoS from 1 or 2 would kill you much faster. Soul Assault has a much greater mortality rate then EoTS from my experience. In duels against these people I just laugh at them, even on my more squishier builds. EoTS is only a pleb destroyer.

Once one begins on the L2P path. This ultimate is no longer a issue. Unless you are getting completely zerged down. In which case you didn't really die because of EoTS. You died because you got zerged down. There is a difference.

I hope this helps. For all I care, ZOS can nerf the EoTS morph into the ground. As long as they don't touch the other morph. I'm fine. :sunglasses:
  • TheStankTank
    I wouldn't mind of the area covered were shrunken a bit.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Right, sucks the fun right of of it every time. Like others said, 1-3 EotS aren't a problem. But these one trick pony ballgroups doing nothing but running circles with it constantly up leaves me with no choice but to look for other places to enjoy some actual fighting.

But since @FearlessOne_2014 seems to know a his stuff, what's your advice on dealing with those ulti-trains + their healers?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, sucks the fun right of of it every time. Like others said, 1-3 EotS aren't a problem. But these one trick pony ballgroups doing nothing but running circles with it constantly up leaves me with no choice but to look for other places to enjoy some actual fighting.

But since @FearlessOne_2014 seems to know a his stuff, what's your advice on dealing with those ulti-trains + their healers?

He already said it, it was L2P. Always a very specific and helpful answer. And, you know, have resistances and junk.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So stand back and watch?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just have a problem with it going through walls and floors
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll say it here and in any other EotS thread.... the pts damage model was fine when it was released. All the complaining before people realised its group potenail got the thing over buffed and now its become a monster zos has yet to fix. Its honestly just boring to watch EotS trains. I'd rather see a mixture of ultimate's in pvp but its whatever.. i have fun regardless of this ultimate.
    PS4 NA DC
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a sec so you are complaining that EoTS is OP because you die when hit by more then 3. When it is one of the most expensive ultimate abilities in the game?

Now lets take some of the cheaper ultimates. Like DBoS, Incap, Shooting Star, hell even onslaught. Now get hit by more just 2 or 3 of those at the same time. Much worst in my opinion then EoTS.

Ok getting back on topic. You have quite a few options for surviving a few EoTS being dropped on you.

- If you are going to zerg surfing, or just plain ole ZvZ. Then you already know more then likely your enemies weapon of choice. So in light of this, maybe you can put more points into Elemental Defender, Thick Skinned, and Resistant. Those 3 nodes alone will increase your EoTS train survival rate by alot.

- Use your class mechanics, that ZOS gave you.
    Nightblades = Shadow Imagine, Mirage, and Dark Cloak.
    Sorcs = equal Streak. Daedric Minefield, Power Surge, Boundless Storm, and Hardened Ward.
    DK = Coagulating Blood Corrosive Armor for self if stam, or Magma Shell you and your group, and Ferocious Leap,
    Templars = Breath of Life, Restoring Focus, and Extended Ritual.

- Then ontop of this all you have the damage avoidance thru you resource pool of choice.
    * For Stamina Users you have your roll dodge with bow then sprint.
    * Shuffle will save you from some of the damage of the EoTS as well.
    * Vigor is a very powerful heal plus unlike most magicka based heals. You can attack and be healing at the same time.
    * Then the broken combo of Vigor and Rally from 2Her tree.

* For Magicka based characters Vampirism with Dark Elf, and Annulment.

- Use LINE OF SIGHT

Now you can do what I do in Cyrodiil and use these tools of survival in a combo that adheres to your playstyle. You not only find your self laughing at the EoTS trains, but also the solo proc gankblades. There I hope this you all. It has helped me immensely against these brain dead zerglings and wanna-be gankers.
  • DirtyWizard
    DirtyWizard
    ✭✭
    There will always be an effective way to clear large groups, and there should be. Currently, that is Eye+Proxy coordination, usually backed up with negates and other cc. Eye by itself is usually not enough to wipe a coordinated group. There are several useful counters. DW has Deadly Cloak, in my opinion a vastly overlooked and undervalued skill. 20% less damage from Eye and every other AoE? Pretty useful for group play. Healers running Barrier and Remembrance can often shut down Eye. Accept that you will die in Cyrodiil. It is inevitable, people will always find effective combinations to kill other people. If you are worried about 5 Eye showing up in your recap, replace that with any offensive ultimate, and you would have died as well. You were killed by a coordinated GROUP. Stealth bombers would certainly be something to consider, but Soul Tether/Proxy bombers with VD were wiping flags before Eye came along. Good players learn to use the tools they have to adapt to the environment they play in, not complain about it. This is true for more than just ESO.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are worried about 5 Eye showing up in your recap, replace that with any offensive ultimate, and you would have died as well.

I disagree with this one statement only because EotS has such a large radius and pretty long duration. Compared to every other ultimate in the game, you cannot cover as much area compared to this ultimate in one run (coordinated ulty bomb).

For example, a coordinated group can pop rapids with eye of the storm, run into an inner breech all the way up stairs and around. Killing everything in their path because of how many Eye of the Storm's are stacked. They simply gotta run as fast as they can around to get the most out of the duration.

Now will basically every other ultimate except maybe batswarm... this is impossible to do. Before Eye of the Storm was released, zerg wipes usually consisted of wiping massive groups off flags with proxi bombs, meteor and dawnbreaker. No ultimates could cover that much ground.

It is much easier for coordinated groups to roll over 100's of players compared to say 20ish that may be stacked on a flag because of Eye of the Storm.

What we need are some more tools to counter EotS. Roots like encase or bombard are nice. AoE reduction in my opinion should be increased, doesnt help against groups that stack enough EotS. The only real counter is to EotS train as well and hope your groups Negates better then the other.
    PS4 NA DC