The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VMA Stam Setup

Draekony
Draekony
✭✭
Looking to setup my new nightblade for VMA, going bow/dual wield on him.
Thinking for skills maybe: vigor/poison arrow/relentless focus/volley/rearming trap/caltrops/steel tornado/rending slashes maybe soul leech/rapid fire ultimates

So I've seen lot of people saying 5xNMG and 5xVO or maybe 2pc velidreth. I'm not quite sure about 5pc VO since in order to do that I have to equip a precise VO axe, and an infused VO hat to get 5 piece. I'm wondering if y'all can suggest the best setup with the gear I've got:
Infused VO Hat
Precise VO axe
3x robust VO jewelry
2x sharpened NMG daggers
1x sharpened NMG bow
full NMG divines armor (med)
1x maelstrom dagger nirnhoned
1x maelstrom dagger precise
1x maelstrom bow nirnhoned
velidreth shoulders (divines, heavy) (divines, light) (divines, medium)
velidreth mask (divines, med) (infused, medium)

Should I bother with my maelstrom weapons until I get sharpened? is it worth not having 2pc velidreth in order to get 5pc VO? Thanks for your input. I could also go medium TBS armor n weapons or what not.

Best Answers

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    My setup.

1st bar. Vigor, Surprise attack, Killers Blade, Blood Craze, Rearming Trap - Flawless Dawnbreaker
    2st bar. Poison injection, Endless Hail, Siphoning Attacks, Relentless Focus, Caldrops - Either Ballista or Incap depending on the level

Gears

2x viper daggers
    1x viper legs
    1x viper guards
    1x viper bracers

3x VO jewelry
    1x VO Chest
    1x VO Belt

2x Kragh

This gives you insane burst damage and you will melt the mops in a few secs. StamBlade is basically all about the burst damage, be quick or be dead.

I would forget Steel Tornado. It will cost quite alot and only drain your stamina. I know that some guys use it, but in that case you really need to know when to spam it or you are out of stamina in no time.
    Answer ✓
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    Just got two sharpened maelstrom 1h axes today, worth using if not daggers? =p

In trials? Yes.

In vMA? No.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Answer ✓
  • Mordors
    Mordors
    ✭✭✭
    stam setups depend on Vma stuff too much so definetly you need sharp version of those especially bow

i played Stam NB for about 2 years now and all i can tell it sucks for PVE or VMA dude best advice to give you right now would be trying to get Sharp inferno Staff if you can and open Mag sorc since that is way better then Stam NB at this point

for the gear as a Stam NB i suggest going with Spriggan+Hundings

since you dont have sharp VMA daggers yet i suggest going with hundings would be a better chose

so build should be like

5 spriggan (with 3 Jewls Robust wep dmg ech) 2 armor pieaces (so you get the 5th bonus)

2 Hunding sharp daggers(rest 3 going to be armor pieace) so you get 5th bonus there

Monster set is velidreth 2 medium divines(should be)

and ur VMA bow its nirn but its better then noting ^^

if you can go with Two fanged snake instead of the Spriggan that would be better tho ^^

Why not use VO ?

-Ur Nb you have siphoning attacks that should be enough to keep u up(as long as you do your animation cancelling)
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I can comment here:

Setup: Surprise Attack / Blood Craze / Blade Cloak Morph / 8% bez skill(forgot name) / rearming trap - REND
    poison injection / endless / mirage / caltrops / vigor

Reaons 20% mitigation on cloak + 15% dodge chance on mirage with the extra defense - funny to see last boss skulls just completely wizz by.

Gear, veli helm/shoulders
    2 daggers NMG
    2 pieces VO
    3 VO rings/neck
    3 pieces NMG body

AIM 17.5k HP 30k + stam - if you have resource issues which you shouldn't max health and 487 regen food is fine NB is a beast and has insane damage potential when used correctly.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Mordors wrote: »
    stam setups depend on Vma stuff too much so definetly you need sharp version of those especially bow

i played Stam NB for about 2 years now and all i can tell it sucks for PVE or VMA dude best advice to give you right now would be trying to get Sharp inferno Staff if you can and open Mag sorc since that is way better then Stam NB at this point

for the gear as a Stam NB i suggest going with Spriggan+Hundings

since you dont have sharp VMA daggers yet i suggest going with hundings would be a better chose

so build should be like

5 spriggan (with 3 Jewls Robust wep dmg ech) 2 armor pieaces (so you get the 5th bonus)

2 Hunding sharp daggers(rest 3 going to be armor pieace) so you get 5th bonus there

Monster set is velidreth 2 medium divines(should be)

and ur VMA bow its nirn but its better then noting ^^

if you can go with Two fanged snake instead of the Spriggan that would be better tho ^^

Why not use VO ?

-Ur Nb you have siphoning attacks that should be enough to keep u up(as long as you do your animation cancelling)

Actually Imo it doesn't suck but to master it is more difficult than with the sorc. As we look at the leaderboards sorcs have to get like 520 000 score to stay on leaderboards but for NB 490 000 is enough. As there are more MagicaNightblades the cap will raise, but if you master your stamblade it's more easier to get to the leaderboards.

And imo it's a stamsorc that actually needs those maelstrom daggers. For stamblades your spammable skill is surprise attack and not rabid strikes. In that case the daggers doesnt matter that much as long as you have them sharpened.
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    thanks guys! really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. i do have a mag sorc currently, 5 IA/5 Necro/1pc molag it's pretty fun but I want to expand my VMA toons.
    Edited by Draekony on April 10, 2017 10:26PM
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Don't need vMA weapons to do vMA that's for sure.

You can still do great dps as stamblade without maelstrom weapons. In the arena or outside of it.

Not sure why people say TFS in vMA.. most of the content is just killing trash that you wouldn't normally hit enough times to actually stack the debuff i'd have thought.. maybe it depends on the dps you put out.

VO definitely helps with the expedition and stam back on kill so you can run hp/stam food rather than recovery.
    Not required though.

• Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »

Lol Congrats.

1 Dagger and 1 Axe works well.

I don't think i've seen a double axe build due to loss of crit.