The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Mount Slowdown

reiverx
reiverx
✭✭✭✭✭
In PVE, this isn't too bad because you typically port to a wayshrine and it's never far to your destination.

In PVP, where you spend A LOT of time on your mount, this is just plain annoying. In real life, a blade of grass or a small pebble really doesn't have this kind of effect on a horse.

Come on, please fix.
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is a very annoying bug on a map where getting to a destination on time is important.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree 100%...some of the routes to and from keeps need some serious maintenance...still getting that stuck in combat, can't mount a bunch thing...i though they had fixed that...nothing worse than having to run when everyone one else is riding...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Whiteout55
    Whiteout55
    ✭✭
    I don't know when it started but it wasn't always like this. It isn't even happening to everyone or all the time. We'll have some in group who have no problems and others who it happens to all the time and some in between. I'm going to get carpal tunnel from all the clicking on my controller to keep that mount sprinting :-/
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very annoying bug .
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially happening with a horse. The other mounts like senches etc dont have the problems
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Torsdatter
    Torsdatter
    ✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Especially happening with a horse. The other mounts like senches etc dont have the problems

Yes they do.
    OH COME ON
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best pvp enhancement they could give us - boost mount speed by 30% while in cyrodiil...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been having a permanent snare bug thats been plaguing me but never while on mount. The. Agaian never tried to mount when it happens. I usually reloadui or go thro a door aka load screen
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could just be me, but I see this in PVP too... sometimes the horse just crawls (not in combat).

Also, once a MOUNT is leveled up, it should be so for all account characters.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be a lot more common TBH. I haven't noticed lately back in vet 12 days it was awful
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys don't know what triggers this? Do I win the prize? Figured this one out last summer.

Your mount may slow down if you have one of the rapid maneuvers equipped, but someone else in your group is also spamming rapids. I believe the other person might have to be using the charging manuevers morph however.

Moral of the story ... make sure none of your friends select charging manuevers instead of retreating manuevers.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys don't know what triggers this? Do I win the prize? Figured this one out last summer.

Your mount may slow down if you have one of the rapid maneuvers equipped, but someone else in your group is also spamming rapids. I believe the other person might have to be using the charging manuevers morph however.

Moral of the story ... make sure none of your friends select charging manuevers instead of retreating manuevers.

Happens running solo as well,has nothing to do with terrain,all mounts do it,it's annoying AF.
  • Adoman
    Adoman
    ✭✭
    This is horrible. No seriously.

This triggers me every time it happens. Especially when I'm running along a boardwalk or paved road and I (seemingly) randomly slow down like I ran through quicksand. Supposedly this speed nerf was added to enhance immersion in the game, but it is so off kilter as to be laughable.

Equally as annoying is when I run into a NPC and bounce off of it like a pinball hitting a bumper.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and, since reading this thread - i am now acutely aware of every time it happens - which is a lot...

it may just be the environment rendering...whatever that means...
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my number 1 problem with PvP atm! Whenever I die I lose the will to get my ass back out there. It feels like I'm fighting mud whenever I'm on my mount, and it even happens with rapids on
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to start a post on this, so thanks for doing it. It is extremely annoying on PVP. If they are trying for immersive content by having your mount slow when the terrain is rough this is far from it. Just give us a constant speed and be done with it. No elaborate programming required.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭

i don't think that's it. i think its some sort of time dilation to compensate for lag (in other words the server needs to slow down to wait for other players whit low ping)
    same thing happens when running.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, mounts seem to ride slower in Cyrodiil with the added annoyance of the random slow downs. When I skyshard hunt
    in PVE and ride past everything, the mounts seem to blaze through the land.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing