Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning Noob needs some guidance

Llegien20
Llegien20
Soul Shriven
Greetings everyone!

I have played on and off SUPER casually for a while now. My highest character is level 20 and I'm following a Deltia build (Stamplar PvP I believe) and have been enjoying it. However, I have noticed that leveling is quite slow and I am honestly overwhelmed with everything to do in this game. I know I need to level provisioning but don't know where to start of how to get that going. I'm not the biggest crafting fan but have heard that it's really important to craft your own gear for upgrades throughout the leveling process. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

Further, I'm looking for a Guild that can help me ease into understanding all of the nuances in ESO. Not looking to be carried but a friendly group that can answer some questions and give guidance would be awesome! I want to do endgame PvP but the PvE interests me as well.

Basically looking for a "big bro/big sis" for ESO just so I can get my feet under me. This is my first MMO so I'm barely keeping my head above water here!

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning is helpful as if you pick up your own mats and make your own food you can save a bunch of gold (using food is a must to be competitive - the stat increase is huge). Same goes for alchemy, but to a lesser extent. Just pick up all the provisioning mats you can, learn all the provisioning recipes you find, and make whatever food and drink you can - even if you don't want it. Sell to the NPC merchant whatever you don't want for some gold. It should level pretty quickly. For alchemy it's basically the same thing, though you get extra "points" for learning new mat effects. Even if you make a garbage potions/poisons you can still sell it to the NPC merchant. If you are on PC, look for the addons that help you decide what to make. If not, use the online guides that show the effects so that you can combine mats to be most effective in learning their effects.

For leveling, PvP is the hard way - PvE gives better XP rewards, especially when you are newer and lower level. You can also go back to the starter island for your zone and farm "training" gear at your current level, which gives a good boost to the XP you earn so that leveling goes faster.

• Merlinah123
    What I do is as soon as I learn a recipe, collect only those items and and keep cooking them (I search everything, and only keep items for the recipe I've earned). however, I learned to make an elven item and picked it up twice, now I can't use or sell the second one since I already knew it, it's just taking up backpack space, so you may want to keep track so you don't have the same problem
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llegien20 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

I have played on and off SUPER casually for a while now. My highest character is level 20 and I'm following a Deltia build (Stamplar PvP I believe) and have been enjoying it. However, I have noticed that leveling is quite slow and I am honestly overwhelmed with everything to do in this game. I know I need to level provisioning but don't know where to start of how to get that going. I'm not the biggest crafting fan but have heard that it's really important to craft your own gear for upgrades throughout the leveling process. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

Further, I'm looking for a Guild that can help me ease into understanding all of the nuances in ESO. Not looking to be carried but a friendly group that can answer some questions and give guidance would be awesome! I want to do endgame PvP but the PvE interests me as well.

Basically looking for a "big bro/big sis" for ESO just so I can get my feet under me. This is my first MMO so I'm barely keeping my head above water here!

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Those giving the advices above me are spot on, so I will extend an invitation to my guild which focuses on helping out new / returning players get their feet in Eso. We have discord, guild events and primarily a casual / solo friendly family oriented guild that don't judge on the things you want to do in game.

Give us a try, maybe you'll stick with us and we'll be more than happy to help you out! Contact us through discord or send a msg to @Malice or @catch22atplay or anyone from the guild can invite ya. While I am currently out of town working, add me ingame and I hope to be able to help you out in whatever I can.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307726/of-wolf-and-raven-a-casual-solo-friendly-guild-beginners-and-veterans-welcome#latest

Check us out!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Llegien20
    Llegien20
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys! Sorry was away for a bit on the forums. Your advice has been utilized already and I really appreciate it.

Ravensworn thanks for the invite! I'll message you in game!
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you still need some guidance and need a guild, im the guild master of a social guild that is made up of new and experienced members alike! guildies are constantly playing together and chatting. We are on PC NA, so if youd like to join just message me in game @dottzgaming

If you need anymore guidance in regards to getting started in game (you sound like you know the majority of the basics but just need to be pointed in a direction), this vid is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSeYaDIMcw4