Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Reporting Harassment

ShadowProctor
ShadowProctor
✭✭
So, to report another player it says I need to select their name in the chat box and then select Report Player. However, when I select the player's name, no Report option is present. Therefore, I need some help figuring out how to report a guy who's been harassing me for over a week straight now for no other reason than "I'm in the same zone as him." I've been threatened and called every name in the book by this guy at this point, and it's getting old. I'm just minding my own business farming and all of a sudden for no reason at all this guy decides to make it his life's mission to harass me nonstop whenever he sees me. I took some screenshots of it the last couple of times as proof because even though I now have him blocked, he's still managing to do it. This is on PS4 by the way.

Edited by ShadowProctor on April 6, 2017 7:25PM
"My beautiful abomination, how you shine in the dark." - Lamae Bal

- Guildmaster of the Shadow Sect (PS4/NA/DC).
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll need to remove the screenshots or forum mods will close the thread for naming and shaming.

Here is what the support section of ESO site says for PS4

Consoles

If another player is spamming in chat, harassing another player, or if you see someone botting, report the player by to navigating to the Player Menu ([Menu] on Xbox One or [Options]) on PlayStation 4 and select the Help Menu. From there select the Customer Service Menu and submit an incident under the appropriate category type.

Please provide the following information:

The name of the player that you want to report
    The reason why you are reporting this player (Spam, Botting or Harassment)
    The date and time when the incident happened
    The megaserver you are playing on.

As well, you can ignore the player so they can no longer message you.

PlayStation 4 Players

To block a player in game, players should approach the character, hold the [Options] button, and use the
    to navigate in the radial menu. From the radial menu, choose "View Profile." From there:

Go to More
    Select Block
    Confirm by pressing [Cross]
    We are aware that console players are still receiving some contacts from those they have blocked. To resolve this issue, we recommend that players restart the game.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ShadowProctor
    ShadowProctor
    ✭✭
    Much appreciated.
    "My beautiful abomination, how you shine in the dark." - Lamae Bal

- Guildmaster of the Shadow Sect (PS4/NA/DC).
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the chat window on PC, you can right-click on their name and it *should* give you the option to block them. I haven't tried this, but I read about it today after I was harassed at a dolmen this morning. Apparently I wasn't a good enough player for that person, even though we weren't grouped and he was just some random jerk at the dolmen. *Rolls eyes hard* So I spent some time trying to learn about ways to block them. I ended up just shutting down my "tells" (whispers) completely. Since I play solo, I won't miss it. There's enough negativity in the real world. I sure as hell don't want to deal with bullies online in a game I play for fun.

Any time you're harassed, always take screenshots and send them to ZOS. I don't know how to do that, but please find out how to send them the screenshots so they'll get banned or suspended for harassment. I've heard of other people doing it successfully.

I didn't do it this morning, because the way my harassment was phrased wouldn't have gotten the guy suspended.

I'm wondering if he targeted me because he saw me stand in a red circle during the battle, or something. LOL.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 10, 2017 7:16AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you report to Sony on Ps4 , they will take action against the PsPlus plan . If they are found truly threatening and no online games can be accessed until the suspension is over .