Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Pro Darkness

dposdb14_ESO
dposdb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I recently purchased an ps4 pro to go with my 4k tv. While playing I've noticed that the game is really dark. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how did you fix it?
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What TV? Is it HDR-capable? If so, make sure your PS4 is plugged into an HDMI input that supports HDR (Many Samsung TVs, for example, only support HDR on HDMI-1 input)

The HDR Brightness slider in ESO seemingly does nothing currently - so I adjust the actual Brightness slider at the top instead. Mine's set at about 75-80% and the game looks good both day and night. It's personal taste, but I'd also recommend 1080 Enhanced over 4K output in ESO - Unless you're real close to the screen, the 4K benefit isn't fantastic but the 1080 Enhanced offers better shading, water reflections etc and with a few tweaks to TV settings for brightness, black levels etc, this game looks amazing on the Pro
    PS4NA
  • dposdb14_ESO
    dposdb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help. I ended up finding game mode which I turned on and then I turned up the back light and brightness for game mode. It seems fine now.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I recently purchased an ps4 pro to go with my 4k tv. While playing I've noticed that the game is really dark. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how did you fix it?

This isn't just a Pro issue. It's been ridiculously dark on the vanilla PS4 as well since they patched it for Pro.