Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Suggestion: The Rift needs more River fishing holes!

AbbieGoth
AbbieGoth
✭✭
I've probably been stuck here in the Rift for about a week trying to fish up three blue fish for the achievement, and honestly, I think the lack of diversity in fishing holes in this zone isn't really helping.

For those who don't know - About 97% of all the fishing holes in the Rift count as Lake. The remaining 3% are River and Foul, and only 5 of these fishing spots are River. Four of which are on one side of the map, and one spot on the other side. On top of that, the only reason I know about the 5th spawn point was because a friend of mine pointed it out to me - It's almost completely hidden due to a clipping error in the water and has an extremely small interaction area. The only way to see it is to look really closely.

As of right now, this is what the current fishing hole arrangements look like:
therift2_by_abbiegoth-db4ebdc.png

And honestly? I feel like these highlighted areas have no business being Lake, going off of what the majority of the other maps look like.
therift__by_abbiegoth-db4ebcy.png

I believe that the red areas should be changed to be River instead. The yellow area should also be Foul, considering that the entire area is swarming with Daedra, which tends to pollute the surrounding area with divines-know-what.

I'm aware that fishing isn't exactly the most popular past time in ESO, but making these changes would make things so much easier for those of us who do seek to complete the fisherman achievements. Even if these areas can't be changed, I would be thankful even if just a few more spots were added to the zone.
PC/NA Server - Max CP
[AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
[AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
#KhajiitMasterRace
  • thegreenmonkey69b14_ESO
    I agree, this the Rift is the most annoying place to fish I've found so far. There definitely needs to be more River fishing spots here. At the very least they need to refresh more often.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    During my beautiful adventure to get Master Angler , I noticed something which I think will help you . In whatever map , doesn't matter which , you cannot exhaust a type of fishing hole . For example , if you fish every single river hole at the left of the map and you don't see anymore , that means there will be a fishing hole spawned in that one single hole at the right of the map . I mean those light blue bait icons btw . I can back this up with an another example . I was in Stonefalls , trying to get the River fish , blue one . There is only one place that River holes spawn and that is below the Ebonheart city , next to the Crafting Station . After exhausting every single hole there , I noticed that none of them spawned again . I waited 6 hours , I am not making this up , for a fishing hole to spawn and nothing happened . Turns out , there are more holes at the top . As soon as I started fishing them too , holes started to spawn at the buttom side of the river . See , holes do not have a cooldown on their own . They spawn only if other holes are exhausted . Just because I didn't fish at the top side of river , ones at the buttom didn't spawn . It took me 1 day to complete Rift even though I had to port left and right of the map all the time . I know it is boring and whatever but just hang in there ! I think this video will help you :trollface: