Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stolen Treasures: Scute of the Mock Turtle, save or sell?

FuriousStar
FuriousStar
✭✭✭
As I have just "appropriated" this item from the Rift, I was curious if it's something I can launder and place in home yet, if it ties in with some quest, or should I just sell it as is to a fence?

It's worth 1500g, but if I can place it on the mantle instead, I would most likely just do that. If so, would you also need to launder it first to be able to place in home? Currently stolen, I cannot place in home. Treasure type is Oddities, Trifles and Ornaments.

Best Answers

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it says "Treasure" instead of "Furnishing" in the upper corner it's vendor trash, unfortunately.
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it says "Treasure" instead of "Furnishing" in the upper corner it's vendor trash, unfortunately.

Yea, I know that from trial and error on the lesser quality stolen goods, unfortunately as well. But being epic, wasn't sure if it ties to some sort of quest that I don't know about. If I just sell it, I can't buy it back, due to the quality. And it's not on Kari's Hit List at the Thieves Den, so I don't have to worry about that one.

Could just launder it, and bank it for future possibilities. I assume it stays the same price, however, so if I launder it then sell it, I make no profit if it stays at 1,500g. I'll just be making my money back that I used to launder it in the first place. And it's too rare to just walk around with in my inventory stolen, lol!

Hear anything yet about a possibility on placing stolen goods in home on a future homestead patch?

I've heard nothing, and I doubt it will happen. My reason is that they'd actually have to create the art for each item, which would be expensive.

If you think about it, almost all the furnishing items -- and for all I know every last one of them -- were created with EXISTING art, that was already in the game. (Even the Jester banners are art that was being created anyway.)

That "Are you sure you want to sell this valuable piece of trash" dialog is a big fake-out, I fear. It should be removed from the game exactly because of questions like this.

Answer ✓
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭

Yea, I know that from trial and error on the lesser quality stolen goods, unfortunately as well. But being epic, wasn't sure if it ties to some sort of quest that I don't know about. If I just sell it, I can't buy it back, due to the quality. And it's not on Kari's Hit List at the Thieves Den, so I don't have to worry about that one.

Could just launder it, and bank it for future possibilities. I assume it stays the same price, however, so if I launder it then sell it, I make no profit if it stays at 1,500g. I'll just be making my money back that I used to launder it in the first place. And it's too rare to just walk around with in my inventory stolen, lol!

Hear anything yet about a possibility on placing stolen goods in home on a future homestead patch?