The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When Is Cyrodil's Performance Going to Be Fixed?

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
Been an issue for years.

Ever since the anti-bot measures were put in place with a patch and killed the performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzFS4RKA5uc Explains this old OLD issue alot better than I can. It's a long video, the main point I want to highlight starts around 12 minutes

And now it seems that the bots are coming back, so did we lose performance for nothing?
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP Exodus happened a long long time ago, it will never be the same and it will never recover.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well not with that attitude...
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon TM
    No ETA TM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they stop caring about crown crates and the crown store. Fixing PvP won't make them any money so they don't care they would have to that how ZOS operates.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    When they stop caring about crown crates and the crown store. Fixing PvP won't make them any money so they don't care they would have to that how ZOS operates.

Uh oh...

ac2ee41b0940bd8cbde0ad54b5909b9f.jpg
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    matter of time before they make cyrodiil a 72 players trial and call it a fix
    PC EU

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ciub26Q.png
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time we came across the other two alliances fighting each other, when we join in as 3 alliances fight, DC'd.
    Of course..
    Pc na
  • Argawarga
    Argawarga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never. It's an expensive mess to clean up, and they're done spending money on PvP in ESO. We're getting battlegrounds instead. *shrugs*
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's been a problem for a long long time, but negativity usually isn't helpful.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk about you but I love those long load screens then getting kicked XD
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what Fengrush said in the video is true, how did that affect us on console...? What is it that's different? We have bots now, but we never had bots until about 6-8 months ago - and those are most likely the low tech rubber band anyway.

I've never seen that kind of low FPS on console, tbh, but then I can't remember playing in Thornblade without getting DC'd either.
    I mostly PVP in BWB, where there's fewer players and therefore less DCs.
    But... oh man, I'd like to have experienced those kind of epic battles.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has said many times now it is a constant work in progress. Performance definitely has significantly improved from what it was a year and a half ago.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what Fengrush said in the video is true, how did that affect us on console...? What is it that's different? We have bots now, but we never had bots until about 6-8 months ago - and those are most likely the low tech rubber band anyway.

I've never seen that kind of low FPS on console, tbh, but then I can't remember playing in Thornblade without getting DC'd either.
    I mostly PVP in BWB, where there's fewer players and therefore less DCs.
    But... oh man, I'd like to have experienced those kind of epic battles.

As a person that played PC launch and both PS4 and currently Xbox. PVP was amazing at the beginning. Yes there was one broken build with Mag DK Vamps but it got fixed and yes there were patches weekly almost at the beginning. But the performance was amazing compared to now and how the combat was in PVP was totally different then now and took a lot more skill back then IMO. Now there are too many broken builds i think. Would give anything to have PVP like it use to be but Console players just dont get it when i have tried to explain. But i had a guy in my group in Cyrodiil jump in and back me cause he was at PC launch too and he was like you guys have no clue how awesome it use to be. Also a TON of PVPers quit due to combat changes like soft caps being removed and performance issues. The PVP player base use to be HUGE.
    Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on April 7, 2017 7:44AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Monday for PC and Mac, I won't say what Monday, but it'll be Monday.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    On Monday for PC and Mac, I won't say what Monday, but it'll be Monday.

most accurate answer
    PC EU

• Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has said many times now it is a constant work in progress. Performance definitely has significantly improved from what it was a year and a half ago.

That is good to hear, though still important to spread the word on this issue.

The performance/lag does need to be addressed and hopefully sooner rather than later, and not just in Cyrodil but the entire game as a whole.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're fixing it with battlegrounds :|
    #bandaid
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Cyrodil won't get completely abandoned by ZOS after Morrowwind, but wouldn't surprise me
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said that they plan to implement, change some things in cyro with Morrowind and have more performance improvements coming with Morrowind.
    There is something wrong atm as TF on PC EU crashes almost every day or every second day mostly when AoE blobs try to make their points and attack a keep that is already sieged by the other 2 alliances
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please spread the word on this, let's get this fixed/addressed once and for all!!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe never according to some long time pvpers. And it makes sense, pvp is not the money maker, therefore it is and always will be secondary. Even if they focus on battlegrounds, Cyrodill seems to have been left in the dust.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the one of the main reasons we need to keep spreading the word on this, keep a light shining on this issue.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    PVP Exodus happened a long long time ago, it will never be the same and it will never recover.

thats not true. It depends heavily on how ZoS moves forward, if they do things right pvp will boom again, if they dont then you will be correct its still 50/50 and so long as this game is making money and improving, that prospect will always exist. Pessimism servers nobody as does expecting too much.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing we can do is keep the pressure on by continuing to spread the word and shine a light directly on the lag/performance issues that have been plaguing the game for far too long.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No ETA like the past three years :)
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always good to have hope.

Keep pressing the issue, spread the word, don't let people forget.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly should be at the top of the priority list since the lag/performance hit affects the entire game, just most noticeable in Cyrodil.