The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QOL Change : Hide bank while doing decon ( console orientated )

randomkeyhits
randomkeyhits
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are PC add-ons which can do this (so jealous....) but for us mere console users no such luck.

Its a pain when doing decon to scroll through all the banked items, checking the icon to make sure its not something thats been stored for a reason.

From a user perspective a simple toggle under optoins -> gameplay would be perfect.

that or.......... make a load of the best PC mods available on console..... :p
EU PS4
  • Fyre75
    Fyre75
    Soul Shriven
    Myself I just lock the items I want keep and they don't show up for deconstruction or research
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how console works, but you should be able to manually lock items in your bank so they are hidden from deconstruction. It takes a bit of work initially but once you do it once, you should be good to just lock things as you put them in. However, you still have a solid point. It would be fairly easy to add a single toggle that locks out all bank items with one button press and it would be nice to see this implemented at some point. It would save time and headaches.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This comes down to time savings. Since I run several alts, the way I level crafting is through deconning items... and so I tend to place all those items into bank inventory so that whatever character I am leveling crafting on, I can switch over to them and decon directly from the bank. It's a HUGE time and space saver.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't use this personally but I don't see why a toggle option for it would be an issue.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just lock the item?
    A character had to have it in their inventory at some stage before putting it in the bank, so you can lock it them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ramped up my game time considerably and am trying to tick off quite a few boxes, skill trees, research, get to cp160 and so on, eventually want to do master writs and the vet content.

The way I've been operating is that items banked are for research for any of my toons, items left in inventory are for decon so I can store mats and gain skills.

I could lock items in the bank but that means for research I'd have to find the one I want to do next, go to bank, extract, toggle lock off, back to the crafting point and then do the research, icky.

Being able to just hide the bank contents is a really big convenience. Admittedly later on it won't be so much so, but now... yes.
    EU PS4
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for this you can just lock the item.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we're giving a wishlist, I think a research queue would be great. It can use Bank Slots, or maybe just allow stacking a limited queue, like 3 items per Cloth/Metal/Wood. This system wouldn't automatically start researching something while you're offline. But when you enter the Research menu of a workbench, you see that it's ready for you to research.
    Anything in the research queue would not show up in the deconstruct list.

Locked concept works fine, but I have forgotten about bank-stored locked items put aside for research on enough occasions that it was annoying!