The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

suggestion: masterwork armor

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This will be in a similar vain to my suggestion for masterwork weapons as a crafted alternative to master/maelstrom weapons, but here it's the ability to craft helm & shoulder 2 piece sets as an alternative to monster sets. Crafting these would require 9 traits researched for the appropriate head and shoulder armor types.

There would only be 3 variations available, based on armor type:

Masterwork heavy armor:
1pc: +health recovery
2pc: when you take damage, you have a 10% chance to apply minor lifesteal to all enemies within 8 meters for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Masterwork medium armor:
1pc: +Stamina recovery
2pc: when you use an ability that costs stamina, you have a 10% chance to gain a second wind, restoring 1% of your maximum stamina per second for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

Masterwork light armor:
1pc: +magicka recovery
2pc: when you use an ability that costs magicka, you have a 10% chance to create an energy well for 10 seconds that restores magicka to allies within the well. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

Thoughts?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ASkullParty
    ASkullParty
    ✭✭
    I think it would take away some of the motivation to get monster sets. Not that is exactly a bad thing, but for me half the fun of doing a dungeon is looking forward to a monster set with a unique effect and look. But then again, I don't worry about getting the most out of my build more than I new about novelty and uniqueness in sets.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good idea. But I would make them as three craftable 9trait sets. Crafting is often used as filler around drop sets and these would be great fillers. Now there is no way to craft just one item and to gain set bonus, e.g. in 5+5+1/2 builds.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would take away some of the motivation to get monster sets. Not that is exactly a bad thing, but for me half the fun of doing a dungeon is looking forward to a monster set with a unique effect and look. But then again, I don't worry about getting the most out of my build more than I new about novelty and uniqueness in sets.

I tried to make these more basic sets that would aid areas not covered by the current monster sets, i.e. resource management instead of damage procs. Still useful to some builds but probably not bis for damage
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ASkullParty
    ASkullParty
    ✭✭
    Then it'd be a real boon to serious pvpers. On that topic, I wouldn't be too hot on it because I get walloped in pvp by people who have serious resource management builds as opposed to my whim-based builds. But said serious pvpers would probably love it. Of course, this is all pre-Morrowind supposition.