The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

suggestion: masterwork weapons

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently in game we have master weapons from dragonstar arena and maelstrom weapons from maelstrom arena. I'd like to suggest adding masterwork weapons, which require 9 traits to craft, and provide a 1 piece bonus in a similar manner to master and Maelstrom weapons.

I'll assume everyone is familiar with master and Maelstrom weapons, so here's my suggestions for masterwork weapons:

1. Masterwork shield
(Replaces sword from other sets)
Your power bash abilities taunt the target and cost 50% less stamina
Increases your health recovery.

2. Masterwork dagger/sword/mace/axe:
Your whirlwind abilities apply minor staminasteal to effected enemies.
Increases your stamina recovery.

3. Masterwork greatsword/maul/battleaxe:
Your uppercut abilities apply major fracture.
Increases your stamina recovery

4. Masterwork destruction staves:
Your force shock abilities apply major breach and now deal only the same damage type as your staff.
Increases your magicka recovery.

5. Masterwork restoration staves:
Your blessing of protection abilities apply minor force to effected allies.
Increases your magicka recovery.

6. Masterwork bow:
Your snipe abilities grant empower.
Increases your stamina recovery.

Thoughts?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. 2h might be OP...not sure. Or maybe I'm biased and don't want WB spam to return to Cyrodiil. Lol.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is a good idea actually.
    I think having better crafted weapons is key to improving crafting in this game.
    The advantage of crafting is you control your style and you control the traits (so much better than the grind) and that is about it.

I think we can use the the cross crafting mechanics of furnishing. So you need to be level 10 in both enchanting and metalwork to make weapons with specfic enchantments. You could have a posion based Bow weapon that needs level 10 alchemy.

As annoying as it is for people with crafts across different characters.
    Edited by Narvuntien on April 1, 2017 4:41AM
  • Eonlegion
    Eonlegion
    Soul Shriven
    I like this. For people like me who play this game 99.9% for the RP immersion it'd be a blast. And i'd way rather create a weapon or armor myself so i can control how it looks and what trait it gets.
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    Like in dragon age inquisition! Not a bad idea. Between us, is that were you got the idea?
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The greatsword you suggested sounds OP and so does the bow
    Edited by Firerock2 on April 3, 2017 3:28PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, 9 traits is super easy to do.

As in, you do nothing. Press one button every few days.

Don't understand why people think it's a great achievement. It's long, but it isn't work.

Plus most your suggestions are ridiculously op. Like... Insanely OP
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Don't understand why people think it's a great achievement. It's long, but it isn't work.

It takes more time to research 9 traits than it does to run a dungeon a hundred times over for dropped gear. That's not counting the time and cost in resources of leveling crafting skills and the resources needed to actually create and upgrade that gear (while your drops are already purple to begin with).

From the start of eso, we've been led on that crafting will always be on par with dropped sets or other gear sources, and that's never been the case.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

It takes more time to research 9 traits than it does to run a dungeon a hundred times over for dropped gear. That's not counting the time and cost in resources of leveling crafting skills and the resources needed to actually create and upgrade that gear (while your drops are already purple to begin with).

From the start of eso, we've been led on that crafting will always be on par with dropped sets or other gear sources, and that's never been the case.

But you don't do anything for them. It's just time. But it isn't work. Nirn isn't even hard. Get a group of 4, smash the quests in a few hour, research your bit, swap with the others. Or buy them for cheap, which they are now. It isn't effort.

Your idea makes them better than Maelstrom which is difficult content. Most players cannot get them. Same with master. Completing the content is an actual achievement. Research is just a waiting game while you do other stuff. It's not a big deal anymore to be a 9 trait crafter. I'm on Xbox and have been a master crafter for months and months.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has to be better things for 9 trait crafters to craft. I expect some real crafting rehaul when Morrowind comes. Big things actually, the zone is bigger than Orsinium so I expect 4 new stations minimum as well. Those 1p weapons should be bop not boe, if its not bop it will not be as strong than VMA stuff, if it is boe than everyone can get it and it will be strong but not bis.
    The Flyers