The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To The Impoverished Players of Tamriel

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
You amaze.

So many people bashing the game. Yet I ride swiftly past stalwart walking players who have no mounts. Or no guild with a guild trader; struggling to make a little coin by selling your wares in zone chat. It wretches my heart to see those so loyally playing. I think I would quit if I did not have a mount or access to a trader guild. ZoS should give to the poor players of Tamriel. More cash shops sales on mounts. Or a way to earn cash shop coin in game so they can at least buy a nice mount. More trader npcs in the game would help so more guilds have a chance to have a guild trader.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it wrenches my heart"
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it wrenches my heart"

Pipe, socket or Torque?
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • inked1
    inked1
    ✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    You amaze.

So many people bashing the game. Yet I ride swiftly past stalwart walking players who have no mounts. Or no guild with a guild trader; struggling to make a little coin by selling your wares in zone chat. It wretches my heart to see those so loyally playing. I think I would quit if I did not have a mount or access to a trader guild. ZoS should give to the poor players of Tamriel. More cash shops sales on mounts. Or a way to earn cash shop coin in game so they can at least buy a nice mount. More trader npcs in the game would help so more guilds have a chance to have a guild trader.

Perhaps the next time you see one of these poor soles you should dismount and help them out instead of swiftly riding buy. Buy them a horse. Invite them to your guild.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give an addict $50 to buy his family dinner, see what she does with it. Hmmmm.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You amaze.

And..... this is why you should stay away from role players, grown ups in furry suits, and middle aged men in white vans kids.
    Edited by Balamoor on March 31, 2017 2:50PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy meeting super hardcore PVP and PVE dungeon runners that are broke. This game greatly rewards those who take time away from their favorite activity and punishes those who don't.

Also ... do your writs people. Stumbling onto one big master writ can net you 100k + quite quickly.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on March 31, 2017 2:55PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You do know mounts are just skins, right?

You can buy a horse with in-game gold. 10k, iirc. My first character, in coldharbor jammies, ran around Bleakrock and picked up mats. Not having access to a guild, or guild vendor then, I vendored the mats to the npcs in the town. I left the island finally with over 5k in gold. If I'd have stayed longer I could have bought a horse at Davon's Watch when I arrived.

Having a guild that has a trader is nice, but selling in chat works, too. Last night I paid someone 48k for 4 motifs. I didn't have to trek to various merchants to find them. I might have slightly overpaid on a couple, but over the 4 motifs it evened out.

For what I paid the player for the motifs, they could have bought one of the original "better" horses that were 42k.

If you are so heartbroken and sad over the plight of "poor guildless players" give them gold, invite them to one of your guilds.

As much as I heartily dislike zone chat, I usually have it on for at least a little while because I do answer questions, make gear for new players, invite players to one or two of my guilds.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    You amaze.

But...I walk just about everywhere and you think I'm some impoverished player with no mount?!

By no means, sir! I have two mounts but I choose to walk instead of ride!

I also choose to not be in a guild but I don't hawk my wares in chat either.

Not all of us play the way you do :wink:
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't give gold panhandlers jack squat. Collect some mats, do writs. 4K gold right there.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, it's no where near as bad as it is on other games. At least on ESO you don't really need a mount to get around unless you are in PvP, as the PvE areas are rather "small" have multiple teleport shrines. As well as players don't really need to be in guild traders to sell. Though you will sell cheaper in zone chat, in the end you pretty much will make the same amount of profit as a guild trader member. Though it will take a bit longer to make that profit.

Really the economy in this game is a rather joke compared to others. Realisticly players don't actually need to start focusing on coin income untill they are in the campion levels. And even then the most expensive spending doesn't start untill they actually get to CP 160. So from level 1 to about CP 140, a player doesn't really need any gold in the game. All in all the economy system of this game was put in the closet to be delt with later by the developers, as they focus more on story and quests.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mounts but rarely use them unless heading directly somewhere on an event quest, say. If I'm just traveling around I stop to gather mats wherever I see them and I don't want to keep mounting and dismounting. Besides, I'm in no hurry, it's not like it's a race or anything. I often get passed by people riding furiously by and wonder what the rush is all about. While I am running I sometimes pass role-players walking and that's fine, I respect that.

As for trading, I hate the guild trader system. I've too few surplus items to sell for it to be worth joining a guild, and don't have the default zone chat channel enabled as there's nothing of interest to me in it and I prefer to keep a minimalist UI with just the English zone chat channel open for the odd comment from time to time. By and large public chat channels in MMOs aren't worth having open in my experience. The few surplus items I've had over the past 3 years either went into the bank or got sold to NPC merchants if they weren't worth holding onto.

Whilst I thank the OP for the sorrow and pity he feels for me, I am happy to advise him that they are misplaced. I can also reassure him that I am not a basher of the game. How he connects people bashing the game with people not having mounts or belonging to trading guilds is utterly beyond me, but I suspect that this is one of those topics that tells us much more about the OP than it does about the people he purports to describe.
    Edited by Tandor on March 31, 2017 3:26PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a mount pretty much every time I need to travel more than 5 feet.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inked1 wrote: »
    You amaze.

Perhaps the next time you see one of these poor soles you should dismount and help them out instead of swiftly riding buy. Buy them a horse. Invite them to your guild.

My trader guilds are at 500. Wish I could. Before they were I did invite well over 35 new players since the Vvardenfell announcement.

There is not way to buy them a horse in game. If I gave them money who is to say they would spend it on a mount? Maybe they would go buy skooma with it instead.
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, pick some pockets, slice a couple of throats and loot the corpses (that part is for fun) while waiting to start pledges and voila, 20k a night.
    Edited by Dark_Aether on March 31, 2017 3:33PM
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my horse for registering for beta. I really don't see the point or need for a flashy skin for it. My horse has carried me many miles without complaint; I guess I owe her some loyalty.

When I started, I was very excited about crafting, and motifs was a major thing for me (at the time 300 gold to buy at a guild store felt like a lot). So from time to time I'll go to the beginner isle's and offer what racial motif books I have for free on zone chat. Funnily enough, sometimes no one seems to want them.

But yeah, OP, if you want to help beginners, go to a place like Auridion and watch zone chat. There are plenty of "please help with Nest Mother" kind of messages. Go and tank her - there will be a new player or two who will really appreciate it.

Or, if you're brave enough, go announce on zone chat there: "Taking a group of new players, between lvl 10-20, through a 4-player dungeon, need a healer and two DPS". I've never done that, but I think you might find it pretty awarding.

In short, help them to enjoy the gameplay.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run around horseless for quite a bit and I have a massive stable of mounts I can use, lets me learn where all the loot is at.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP's assumption demolished.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malicia wrote: »
    I got my horse for registering for beta. I really don't see the point or need for a flashy skin for it. My horse has carried me many miles without complaint; I guess I owe her some loyalty.

When I started, I was very excited about crafting, and motifs was a major thing for me (at the time 300 gold to buy at a guild store felt like a lot). So from time to time I'll go to the beginner isle's and offer what racial motif books I have for free on zone chat. Funnily enough, sometimes no one seems to want them.

But yeah, OP, if you want to help beginners, go to a place like Auridion and watch zone chat. There are plenty of "please help with Nest Mother" kind of messages. Go and tank her - there will be a new player or two who will really appreciate it.

Or, if you're brave enough, go announce on zone chat there: "Taking a group of new players, between lvl 10-20, through a 4-player dungeon, need a healer and two DPS". I've never done that, but I think you might find it pretty awarding.

In short, help them to enjoy the gameplay.

My version is helping with lowbie boss is the crab next to Davon's Watch. I also play templar so I heal in the beginner dungeons. Good suggestions all.

Dudes seriously if I'm compassionate enough to make a silly thread like this I think I got it covered. Preachn to the choir.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More trader npcs in the game would help so more guilds have a chance to have a guild trader.

More Traders would just see the already very rich and very big Trade Guilds create even more "sister guilds" to buy up the new Traders.

As long as access to a Trade Store is dependent on having a huge pile of money to bid every week then the chances of solo players and smaller Guilds ever getting a Trader Store will remain at near-zero.

The simplest way to start solving this issue would be to have all Guilds that want access to a Trader "tagged" as Trade Guilds.
    Only Trade Guilds can bid on a Trader.
    And each Player Account can ONLY belong to one Trade Guild.

That would free up a lot of Trade Slots (and by extension NPCs) for smaller guilds to stand a chance of getting Trade access.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More trader npcs in the game would help so more guilds have a chance to have a guild trader.

More Traders would just see the already very rich and very big Trade Guilds create even more "sister guilds" to buy up the new Traders.

As long as access to a Trade Store is dependent on having a huge pile of money to bid every week then the chances of solo players and smaller Guilds ever getting a Trader Store will remain at near-zero.

The simplest way to start solving this issue would be to have all Guilds that want access to a Trader "tagged" as Trade Guilds.

That would free up a lot of Trade Slots (and by extension NPCs) for smaller guilds to stand a chance of getting Trade access.

All The Best

True. But I don't have an issue with Big Bad Sister or her twins. I have an issue with new players not having a trader guild. I am not an advocating voice for new guild leaders. If I was I would say drop the 10 signature requirement. I am only concerned for low budget players and necessary content restriction. I consider a mount and guild trader necessary content for enjoyment and advancement in this game. Everyone having a chance at being a guild leader is not important.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to walk everywhere until somewhere around my second (and last) time completing all three factions story quests on an individual character. If someone wants a mount, 10k is very very obtainable...
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to walk everywhere until somewhere around my second (and last) time completing all three factions story quests on an individual character. If someone wants a mount, 10k is very very obtainable...

Glad to hear it. I feel less guilty for being "privileged." Only reason I had a mount at the very beginning was it came with the package deal I got on sale through Steam. I also noticed that Wal-mart has a free mount version in their copies.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give a man skooma and he's high for a day . Teach a man to make skooma and the crime rate goes up 30% . Best to not get involved .
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one here walking around Tamriel and generally taking it easy. I have two mounts, but very rarely use them (and when, I do, I walk, such is my stubbornness). I'm quite happy playing this way. In fact, I roleplay one of my characters as a simple, 'earthy' type who just wants to live a hermitic lifestyle and wishes for very little. But to each their own!

(It is easy - very easy - to find a bit of gold if I want / need to)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear it. I feel less guilty for being "privileged." Only reason I had a mount at the very beginning was it came with the package deal I got on sale through Steam. I also noticed that Wal-mart has a free mount version in their copies.

Oh yes @Jemcrystal , I have had the imperial edition from the start but... well, who can justify riding a horse around when there's so many things to do. NPCs to talk to/slay/both, flowers to pick up, logs to pick up, so many things to pick up! And uhh, other things, of course, not just picking up thousands of crafting materials I'll never use... *cough*
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

True. But I don't have an issue with Big Bad Sister or her twins. I have an issue with new players not having a trader guild. I am not an advocating voice for new guild leaders. If I was I would say drop the 10 signature requirement. I am only concerned for low budget players and necessary content restriction. I consider a mount and guild trader necessary content for enjoyment and advancement in this game. Everyone having a chance at being a guild leader is not important.

You may consider those things necessary for enjoyment and advancement in this game, but I assure you that not everyone does. I've been playing since the PC launch and have never belonged to any guild and rarely use my mounts. My enjoyment and advancement are not in question - as my two accounts will demonstrate :wink: !

I suspect you're making the common mistake of assuming that everyone else must adopt your playstyle in order to match your enjoyment of the game - it's simply untrue.
    Edited by Tandor on March 31, 2017 6:03PM
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    inked1 wrote: »
    You amaze.

It's too bad we can't buy those poor soles some shoes or sandals. Or a river to swim in.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the gold I have is ill gotten gains from thieving.

So far I've drawn the line at murder but I think that will end when I start Dark Brotherhood. Probably will be quite some time yet. I finally got a character into Champion levels. Go me.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%