The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Broom and Bucket - Crown Store

• Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    But they're not skins? Um no thx

I'm considering buying them on the off-chance that they'll be usable as skins in some future update. Kinda like we can now dye costumes.
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrekkedd wrote: »
    O...m...g... @Runs. Relax and go back into your doomsday shelter. . .

They could have made these cosmetic...
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Runs wrote: »
    This is a door opening. They should have made these items cosmetic only. But now ZOS has sold weapons and armor in the crown store. Yes they are small and most* people wont have real use of them other than cosmetic.

I say most because these can be worn by new players. And these items will be fine till at least level 30. I know this because I have been leveling my alts using.
    HvOWBw5.png
    Made for the training and the ability to trade them once I am done. I could probably go past level 30 but 30 is the magic number for equipment writs.

So while they may not have a trait, they are still feesible to use. The biggest thing is wondering what comes next. Maybe something else, just a bit stronger. I mean they wouldn't want to boil that water too fast. But eventually.

And ZOS commenting on this will be useless no matter what. "No plans" is a *** answer.

Are you...serious or is it just a well thought out troll post?o.o

Serious about it being an open door? Yes, I understand it's a very small crack, but it is open. They could have made these items cosmetic only, but they didn't. They made them equipment.

Or serious about using the non set items to level? That's just so they can be traded to another account when done, and the characters don't seem to be hurting stat wise even at level 30 with a full set of none set legendary lvl 4 items. Solo the slow down would be killing me but it's the perfect set for someone with multiple accounts using dolmen trains or skyreach carries to level.

Wonders if the broom and bucket are upgradable at the woodworking craft station.
    I was wonder if you can de-craft them....Gold items?

They don't show up in the decon menu in either normal or gamepad mode. They at least thought that part through.

This is a door opening. They should have made these items cosmetic only. But now ZOS has sold weapons and armor in the crown store. Yes they are small and most* people wont have real use of them other than cosmetic.

I say most because these can be worn by new players. And these items will be fine till at least level 30. I know this because I have been leveling my alts using.
    HvOWBw5.png
    Made for the training and the ability to trade them once I am done. I could probably go past level 30 but 30 is the magic number for equipment writs.

So while they may not have a trait, they are still feesible to use. The biggest thing is wondering what comes next. Maybe something else, just a bit stronger. I mean they wouldn't want to boil that water too fast. But eventually.

And ZOS commenting on this will be useless no matter what. "No plans" is a *** answer.

@Runs

Seriously? Is that all you do is complain? Its an April Fools joke and some humor from ZOS. If I fell for the troll, shame on me, but honestly, you lost a lot of whatever credibility you had on the forums.

It is equipment with real value in the crown store. This is something that should never have been done. April fools joke or not they have real values and as I pointed out are actually usable.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HvOWBw5.png

Serious about it being an open door? Yes, I understand it's a very small crack, but it is open. They could have made these items cosmetic only, but they didn't. They made them equipment.

Or serious about using the non set items to level? That's just so they can be traded to another account when done, and the characters don't seem to be hurting stat wise even at level 30 with a full set of none set legendary lvl 4 items. Solo the slow down would be killing me but it's the perfect set for someone with multiple accounts using dolmen trains or skyreach carries to level.

Wonders if the broom and bucket are upgradable at the woodworking craft station.

They don't show up in the decon menu in either normal or gamepad mode. They at least thought that part through.

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

Seriously? Is that all you do is complain? Its an April Fools joke and some humor from ZOS. If I fell for the troll, shame on me, but honestly, you lost a lot of whatever credibility you had on the forums.

It is equipment with real value in the crown store. This is something that should never have been done. April fools joke or not they have real values and as I pointed out are actually usable.

Ok go run VMA or any vet trial with them.
    Post a video with 12 people completing vMOL with these.

Geez, conspiracy theory much?....get real man. It's a freaking April Fools joke. It's not pay to win and it's not a precursor to pay to win.

Honestly, if you are this angry over something so silly, why are you still here? Might be time for a break.....perhaps permanently
    Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2017 4:02PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

HvOWBw5.png

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

I will.

As soon as you post a video of VMA being done at level 1-30 in any gear. Or 12 people doing vMOL at lvel 1-30 in any gear.

Or you could reread my post so you realize them being OP or being useful anywhere near max level was nothing I mentioned at all.
    Edited by Runs on March 31, 2017 4:02PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could have made the bucket a cosmetic hat, but there is no cosmetic weapon in this game.

My feeling is that they did this so that they could be used as equipment, and could be used to have some fun in the game fighting off monsters with a broom and a bucket on your head.

They can always come in and patch them to be 1 damage and 1 armor, if things get out of hand.

But, yes, they are selling a weapon, and a piece of armor, in the cash store, for Crowns, when they said they would not. That much is true.

Maybe this is a toe in the water, and just something to get us used to the idea, or maybe it is just what it seems, something fun to play with for a while, and nothing to be taken seriously.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HvOWBw5.png

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

I will.

As soon as you post a video of VMA being done at level 1-30 in any gear. Or 12 people doing vMOL at lvel 1-30 in any gear.

Or you could reread my post so you realize them being OP or being useful anywhere near max level was nothing I mentioned at all.

You said they were "usable", you did not specify a level in your last post. Who gives a crap if it's only to level 30? Where does this hurt you in the slightest?

Either way you are blowing this way, way, way, WWAAYY out of proportion.

It's a video game, not a ponzi scheme

Time for a reality check.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2017 4:08PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it because of the category it was in haha
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

Options
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Challenge accepted, I'm going to complete the game with only the broom
    tumblr_onos6kjz521ump95qo1_1280.jpg
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Runs

Not all I do is complain. I am voicing a concern. I love this game. I have spent a lot of time and money on it. This may be your first game, I don't know. But other games have started down this path where it's just small things and then before you know it BAM P2W, even after devs had said that would never happen. I don't want to see this game have the same fate.
    Edited by Runs on March 31, 2017 4:12PM
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broom and bucket op..nerf pls
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

HvOWBw5.png

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

I will.

You said they were "usable", you did not specify a level in your last post. Who gives a crap if it's only to level 30? Where does this hurt you in the slightest?

Either way you are blowing this way, way, way, WWAAYY out of proportion.

It's a video game, not a ponzi scheme

Time for a reality check.

I haven't blown anything out of proportion. In fact, I specifically mentioned the levels in my first post so that I wasn't blowing it out of proportion. So people knew my main concern was that equipment was in the crown store. Not that it was usable at max level, just usable.

I just stated what I felt, and then answered other players comments regarding my comment.
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now, for those who think the game is too easy for them - use these instead.
    Options
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish the broom was a skin and the bucket a hat, but it's still pretty cool.
    Options
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one is still trying to heal with the broom. It does not work well, but he looks awesome.
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these legendary by default? Was thinking of golding them out when I get home....for uber loserage and stuff
    Options
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HvOWBw5.png

Those pictures make my eyes bleed.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a cute idea from zos personally! Anyone up for bucket and broom dungeon runs? I think it will be fun whacking things with a broom lol
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I think I will be running trials tonight with naked men with brooms and buckets.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    did you guys read the description on the broom? and click on it? bahahaha! love it :D
    Options
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe broom does need a nerf ;) I ran around some xbox na regions in pve gear an a broom yellin broom fight in chat an invitin people to duel and everyone of them declined.. i just wanted to hit a player with a broom, i'm horrible at pvp but noooo broom was too scary.

An now my broom is stuck in that characters inventory, i can swap it on an off to put bow back on but it doesn't show for depositin to bank.. very odd after i passed it from the toon that bought it and also equipped it with zero trouble. Maybe a relog back to that one after i finish writs. Fingers crossed-- tried the relog, worked
    Edited by Jadednatas on March 31, 2017 6:25PM
    Options
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven't blown anything out of proportion.

The P2W crazies are out.... over this?

funny-gif.gif
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a sorceress.... I am trying hard to level out some dark magic skills and the resto staff. She has a witch hat and now..... she has a broom! So I am questing (again) and wielding an almighty broom and its is making me giggle all the way.

It is fun... lol.
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
    Options
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

At the cost of us :) Should be free.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this thread like

rNuzRjJ.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can imagine the insult to injury killing someone with the broom in a duel
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the broom!
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's for fun, chill ppl who are complaining pay 2 win..
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HvOWBw5.png

@Runs

At the cost of us :) Should be free.

At the cost of you? Why should it be free? Because you deserve it?
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • megasurge93
    megasurge93
    ✭✭✭
    So, just to double check, the broom and the helm from April fools actually have absolutely zero value or good function, right? There isn't something I'm missing, like some hidden special surprise? Perhaps the helm drips water on the ground to pick up or the broom has a cat suddenly pop out of it when you whack somebody with it?
    "Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
    Options