The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set Crafting - Recipes?

Kaymorolis
Kaymorolis
✭✭✭
For crafting specific sets of armor, I know you have to go find the special crafting stations out in the world, and have to have researched certain traits.

But do you also need to find the recipes? I don't think I've ever seen a set recipe.
PC | NA
CP: 240+
Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • ASkullParty
    ASkullParty
    ✭✭
    No, you can craft it at the special crafting station as long as you have a certain amount of traits. For some it's as few as two traits, any two traits, per item, but for some in the DLC zones it's 9 I believe. But they range in trait requirement as the zones progress, ie ones in the Rift will require more traits than ones in Stonefalls.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

No recipes. It's the number of traits researched per item. It doesn't matter which, but if you're going to craft that trait you obviously need to research it. For example, you can make a light deaths wind helmet if you've researched training and prosperous in light helmets. But if you want to craft an infused light deaths wind helmet, you need to research infused in light helmets.

If you're going to craft high-trait sets, get the research rolling. To get to nine traits, even with three slots running around the clock it takes like a year.

I could not have handled trait research (and several other crafting tasks) without the App ESO workbench. It's available on android and iOS. For research, it has a grid that allows you to mark what you've researched, what you're holding in inventory to research, and it has timers w alerts for research in progress. Utterly useful.