The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

trying to find suitable build

moocow0463
moocow0463
Soul Shriven
im a new player and im trying to wrap my head around a few builds, id really like to be a melee DPS/buffer or dps/off heal or dps/self heal(sustain)

for now i have leveled a magika NB to level 10 and i was looking at SAPtank build but it seems most the DW sap tanks have strayed to sword and board. so im wondering if this is still a semi viable build? i was also looking at the Templar or maybe even a DK as potential for these setups.

right now my theory is running a skill setup like this
http://eso-skills.com/skill/?z=KDPrOMWJ@D88rIUX%DHTfRjP@D95ELhe&a=640000&b=dw_sap_tank&w=24

with mostly light armor but i feel as if this maybe lacking in damage?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot of fun running a magicka dragonknight as a dps-healer, though to be fair it was more healing with dps as a side job. I did get a lot of odd looks being a dk healer though, because it's not something you see very often.

I ran 5pc julianos, 2pc ilambris, and either 3 willpower or a similar 4 piece set using jewelry and one armor slot (stendarr was good, gave extra spell damage for the 4pc bonus).

Front bar restoration staff, back bar lightning staff, with this setup:

Front bar (resto)
    Obsidian shard (burst heal and knockdown)
    Healing springs (group/aoe heal)
    Mutagen (heal over time)
    Cauterize (crit buff and random burst heals)
    Igneous shield (group damage shield and major mending buff)
    Magma shell (group damage shield)

Back bar (lightning)
    Engulfing flames or burning talons (fire aoe)
    Elemental blockade (shock aoe)
    Eruption (fire aoe)
    Inner light (crit and magicka buff)
    Molten armaments (major sorcery and heavy Attack buff)
    Elemental rage (lighting aoe)

Swapped frequently between engulfing flames and Fiery talons depending on which dungeon or what class the tank was to help with aoe packs. On bosses I'd put lava lash there to give me a free burst damage and self heal.

Basically when not needing to spam heals, I'd just keep Mutagen on the group and healing springs down and stack up the fire and lightning aoe on enemies. The ilambris set procs two separate aoe damage effects, one for fire damage and one for lightning, and both are pretty much active all the time.
    Molten armaments pairs really well with resto staff heavy attacks, too, since it boosts both the damage and the heal that it does.

The only major downside was that obsidian shard, the "oh crap" burst heal, can actually be dodged by allies, so if someone in the group is roll dodging around or using evasion you can spam it and never actually heal them. I did manage to get 20-30k heals from it often, though.

Even as a primary healer, this setup was capable of 15k dps pretty easily and without any strict rotation.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • moocow0463
    moocow0463
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for the idea, i may try something like that in the future but i tend to play melee, im thinking something along this playstyle, buffs and minor heals, with magika dps as a main bar. i know this is an old build so not sure if anything like this exists anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYbpxqz4gzw&t=247s
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically Magic and melee don't go hand in hand. For something along those lines I'd suggest stamina sorcerer
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank