Stam DK PVP Build

D0ntevenL1ft
D0ntevenL1ft
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys i was thinking about bringing back my Stam DK for homestead patch; I'm just returning from since dark brotherhood and theres tons of new things I'm looking forward to trying. I play on PS4 so bash cancelling is a little trickier to stam sustain but i was thinking 5x black rose, 5x viper (ravager maybe?), and 2 velidreth?

If this isn't viable etc. can anyone link me to a good pvp build for small scale or 1vx?
Edited by D0ntevenL1ft on March 30, 2017 12:48AM
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys i was thinking about bringing back my Stam DK for homestead patch; I'm just returning from since dark brotherhood and theres tons of new things I'm looking forward to trying. I play on PS4 so bash cancelling is a little trickier to stam sustain but i was thinking 5x black rose, 5x viper (ravager maybe?), and 2 velidreth?

If this isn't viable etc. can anyone link me to a good pvp build for small scale or 1vx?

Reroll using a PC
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gordon906 wrote: »

Reroll using a PC

Ill send you my email for your generous new PC donation
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're going to go heavy use Tremorscale over Velidreth, the proc chance on it is insanely better and the damage is very good.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    They removed crit from proc sets so viper isnt that great anymore. Tremor scale got a big nerf too. If you are going to use a monster set i would go with selenes for offense or troll kings for defense. Blackrose and ravager are awesome. Fury is great for group pvp where you can consistantly keep the buff active. With heavy armor being meta you wouldnt be remiss for using spriggans, but keep in mind penetration and crit dont take effect on damage shields.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kessik221 wrote: »
    They removed crit from proc sets so viper isnt that great anymore. Tremor scale got a big nerf too. If you are going to use a monster set i would go with selenes for offense or troll kings for defense. Blackrose and ravager are awesome. Fury is great for group pvp where you can consistantly keep the buff active. With heavy armor being meta you wouldnt be remiss for using spriggans, but keep in mind penetration and crit dont take effect on damage shields.

Tremor scale is for snaring stacking its not all about damage its also utility... Just build something that works for you ... thats the best advice I can give you .... Do not just do what other people say ....just experiment for yourself....
    Edited by Durham on March 30, 2017 2:34PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys! I think ill try black rose with Ravager and 1h/sh, with 2h on back bar. Ive played with dizzying swing but i felt i kept missing and wasting dps. Has anyone made 1h/sh work well on console as we have no regen while using bash? Im hoping black rose and dk passives will do most of that regardless.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stam DK (or any DK, really), in pvp you rely on pots, helping hands, and battle roar for sustain. You can also heavy attack every now and then for more resources.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys! I think ill try black rose with Ravager and 1h/sh, with 2h on back bar. Ive played with dizzying swing but i felt i kept missing and wasting dps. Has anyone made 1h/sh work well on console as we have no regen while using bash? Im hoping black rose and dk passives will do most of that regardless.

I'm running BR/Spriggan's/Tremor on Xbox, Sw/B & 2H. It's a really stout setup. The stat sheet isn't uber impressive but you can put out a ton of sustained damage and pressure, it's honestly too easy to play sometimes.

I am going to tinker with dropping BR and running either Ravager/Spriggans/Tremor or Fassala/Spriggan/Tremor. I haven't had much issues with my resources and might be fine without BR.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

I'm running BR/Spriggan's/Tremor on Xbox, Sw/B & 2H. It's a really stout setup. The stat sheet isn't uber impressive but you can put out a ton of sustained damage and pressure, it's honestly too easy to play sometimes.

I am going to tinker with dropping BR and running either Ravager/Spriggans/Tremor or Fassala/Spriggan/Tremor. I haven't had much issues with my resources and might be fine without BR.

You also bash cancel as well? Im thinking of dropping BR eventually but going to keep it for my beginning trials to see how to learn and sustain etc. Appreciate the responses!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

You also bash cancel as well? Im thinking of dropping BR eventually but going to keep it for my beginning trials to see how to learn and sustain etc. Appreciate the responses!

To the best of my ability..
    Edited by SneaK on March 31, 2017 8:46PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    5 fury 2 troll king 3 agility maelstrom 2h and bow

5 heavy 1 ligh 1 medium

Play the meta. Eavryone els is so why not. If you get beaten by medium users or light users then you suck lol
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 fury 2 troll king 3 agility maelstrom 2h and bow

5 heavy 1 ligh 1 medium

Play the meta. Eavryone els is so why not. If you get beaten by medium users or light users then you suck lol

Ive just been off playing for a year i don't got the talent for VMA on a stam build to farm or else id love to use maelstrom weapons lol.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing the meta isn't always best. All it means is that you're functioning at the status quo - it doesn't mean that the status quo is indicative of what would be the best.

I'm running nearly 2k stam regen with 43k max stam and peaks at 4.3k weapon damage in heavy armor without factoring weapon damage glyph. Generally, in a 1v1 or 2v1 it's having weapon damage around 3.6k. It lets me play like a medium armor build while having the survivability of a heavy armor build.

Edit: and when I was talking in guild about what I was theorycrafting I was told I was full of crap.
    Edited by Adenoma on March 31, 2017 1:30PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build your toon on how you want to play ... small group play require a different setup.... solo is different... battle group play is different ... and then there is leaching play...

Build it yourself people never agree on the boards and there is always something better... you will stay broke in game from changing your setup constantly and also you will never truly master your setup....

Play the way you want to ... I like a stamina dk there are numerous builds but honestly a player trumps builds .. People put to much focus on builds and do not focus on playing ability of the player.... are you using bash? can you effectively animation cancel...how nervous are you when you fight someone? Do you have an effective rotation of damage? Can you manage resources ? Do you know when to attack your opponet? Do you understand the weakness of certain meta's? There are so many factors ......
    Edited by Durham on March 31, 2017 4:54PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone Pirate Tatters + Dubious Throne, that really is all the sustain and stam you need. You then can go in any direction after that.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fury is the way to go on a dk. You're tanky enough that you make the most out of it.

Fury and bloodspawn for sure. Could go agility and Maelstrom weapons 2h and bow. Or sword and shield in a set I guess.

I'm using 2 bloodspawn, 5 fury and 4/5 werewolf hide (extra shield on back bar, just swap to it every 5 seconds. It's stupid good ult gen which means great sustain.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht , amen.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I've been trying tremors/viper/sheer venom on my stam sorc doing 1hd/bow
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 troll king, 5 Fury, 5 viper sword and board and 2H. This sounds unkillablr with great damage.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 troll king, 5 Fury, 5 viper sword and board and 2H. This sounds unkillablr with great damage.

Man im getting better at dizzying swing and am starting to prefer it well over any sword and board proc set
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    There's a dk on PS4 running 2h and bow using:

2x troll king
    4 cyrodiils crest body + 2h axe
    4 shield breaker(3 jewel 1 body) + shield breaker bow

It's quite toxic
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    2h + SnB is the way to go on a Stam dk in my opinion coz of class dot available,

Great set up is a comination of:

2x tremor/bloodspawn/troll king/malubeth
    5x fury/seventh legion/veiled heritance/black rose
    5x spriggan/viper/draugr hulk/hide of the werewolf

Almost any combination will work but you have to mix damage, defence and sustain based on your preference
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my small group we have to drop the first target fast so fury is a no go... I also do not get hit like the other members of my group so it's never ticking up like I want it to ... .. I run an weapon damage add-on so my weapon damage is always visable .... Fury is almost always under performing in a smaller group setting... In duels it's awsome on solo it's nice ... The only time it performs is when most of my group is down and it does little good at that point...
    My advice Fury is not best in slot for everyone try other things .... I have found a build that allows me to great spike damage at the first of a fight more then Fury but allows me to maintain around 3.7 to 4.2k during other times...
    Edited by Durham on April 1, 2017 5:06PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Tremor scale is awsome if you are the main assist... omg 70% snare + DK snare passive with ardent flame + debuff that comes with your taunting style... that target is in alot of trouble if your getting assisted... Also keep in mind by this point you have switched to twohander... good things happen
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Also Tremor scale is awsome if you are the main assist... omg 70% snare + DK snare passive with ardent flame + debuff that comes with your taunting style... that target is in alot of trouble if your getting assisted... Also keep in mind by this point you have switched to twohander... good things happen

Ill def be keeping tremor scale on hand for playing in small group thats for sure!