Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Enchanting Glyphs Rather than Purchasing

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I have not done much with the Enchanting skill but am curious about one thing; are the glyphs (add Magicka, reduce spell cost, etc) that you make yourself stronger than the ones enchanter's sell?

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting itself doesn't make anything stronger.

They're stronger based on the quality (colour), you can only buy white ones from NPC's, get some green/blue from quest rewards or daily writs.

Any you buy from a guild store made by other players will all be the same power as if you made it yourself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what Turelus said. Also they're miles away cheaper.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While leveling, if your using dropped set items, then the enchantments on there are fine. And, they should increase in power as you improve the item. If your making your own gear while leveling, purchased enchants are OK, but ones you make are better as you can use Green or Blue or Purple aspects and make the enchants stronger. Using Kutas on leveling gear is a waste, but if you have tons, why not.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    THANKS, all.

I may mess around more with enchanting as I get into my 40-50+ levels as I will have plenty of skill points to spend.