The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone having the Ingame text chat bug?

Marc the Deity
Marc the Deity
Soul Shriven
When I press the button for in game chat it pops up but with out the keyboard to type.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen to me a number of times. I'm a PS4 user and the only way I've been able to work around it without a full re-launch of the game is to power up the wireless Bluetooth keyboard I have. Somehow it will still allow me to type with it. That being said, I still have to use the game controller to navigate between fields in an email - From TO to SUBJECT to BODY, etc. Using the keyboard does not seem to allow this at all - neither with TAB or the arrow keys.

I have also had similar experiences with text-bugginess with the keyboard popping up temporarily, then disappearing. It seems to be somehow affected by other players in the immediate vicinity. While alone in the bank I can send 2-3 emails, but then a player will walk up to the banker and from that point on the keyboard does the pop-up-then-disappear thing.

Not sure this is helpful in your situation, but I figure if anyone is actually reading the bug report threads, the more info the better.
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    I do agree that using a keyboard doesn't work well. Sometimes when I want to wsp someone the controller keyboard pops up and I can use my extern keyboard. But the first words I'm writing don't appear in the text chat although they are in controller text field.
    PS4/EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens on Xbox one too but many don't experience it cause they have a keyboard or chat pad plugged in so we actually like it. It's annoying for the virtual keyboard to pop if u don't need it but it's game breaking for communication if you don't have a keyboard or chat pad.

There's a topic on the Xbox tech forums on this but no resolution from any devs or forum mods
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    yep having that problem right now,,,never had it before and was working fine ten mins ago
    just rebooted to see if its my console...xb1 user...working now...weird
  • Revener
    Revener
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here. First time in 12 months of playing on xb1. Hard reset seems to have fixed it for now.
    Xbox GT - Revener