The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Learning to Heal

tntpop
tntpop
I found out I actually enjoy healing others. I dont get to do it much since I Solo a lot so I thought I would start in dungeons practicing with my low level Magplar. Any advice?
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the tank alive - it shouldn't be a full time job though.
    Keep the dps (and you) alive - that's the main job
    You can't heal an enemy to death. Stop healing and start killing the enemy when the party is high on health.
    Keep the party buffed up
    Get a heal / buff / damage rotation going.

I've been looking at builds other use and start there. I've recently started looking at all the skills in order to see if something might work better for me.

It might be nice to know what stacks and what doesn't ( I don't ).
    Edited by parkham on March 28, 2017 4:39PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tntpop wrote: »
    I found out I actually enjoy healing others. I dont get to do it much since I Solo a lot so I thought I would start in dungeons practicing with my low level Magplar. Any advice?

I would go to PvP and start healing groups, get war horn unlocked and start leveling it.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Hallda12
    Hallda12
    Healing tips:

- Keep Heal over time abilities on the tank at all times (dps aswell if possible but not essentual). This is so you dont have to react to every bit of damage that comes to the group.
    - Put Area heals on the ground in and around the boss or mobs for same reason above.

Then the only things you should have to react to us when the tank takes heavy hits from bosses and when the derpy dps stands in red circles. This is when you need to use the more heavy healing abilities.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more great skills for a magplar healer than you have slots. Think in terms of making sure that you have your tasks covered:

Healing (duh). Burst, over time, targeted. Breath of Life, Rapid Regen, Healing Springs are fine choices.
    Assisting stamina fighters with resources. Blazing spear or Repentence can help here and is where a templar really has an edge.
    Assisting magicka fighters with resources. Elemental drain or Restoring aura can work here.
    Cursing/debuffing foes. I like Purifying Light here. Elemental drain doubles in here as well.
    Damage as time and other duties permit. Blazing spears fills another role but works here also. Puncturing sweeps and Radiant Glory/Oppression are too good to pass up.

Plenty of other skills that can help as alternatives and I recommend developing quite a few extras so you have lots of flexibility and can adapt to others in your group.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Tell the group to stay stacked up, unless a mechanics calls for you not to be.
    If they stay in the radius of Healing Springs they are much easier to heal and buff.
    Also allows you to drop more damage.

Learn to anticipate when heavy damage is incoming. Takes time, but you'll get.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few basics to help you get started:

- Healing Springs is your primary group heal. It is efficient, able to proc many valuable buffs, and affects a large area.
    - Combat Prayer gives an 8s damage increase to affected allies, and you want to keep this damage buff up as much as possible. This is also a very good burst heal for when any number of allies take a large amount of damage.
    - Minor Magickasteal is a buff that comes from Elemental Drain, Siphon Spirit, and Radiant Aura. It's a very important buff to support your magicka-users. Try to keep this up at all times.
    - Aggressive Horn is a valuable ultimate that will boost the damage, sustain, and survivability of everyone in your party. It's not absolutely necessary for dungeons, but a strong case can still be made for it.
    - Your gear is very important. The best healing sets right now, in order of importance, are: Spell Power Cure (SPC), Mending, Worm Cult, Sanctuary, Infallible Aether, Sanctuary, Gossamer.
    - Major Mending improves your healing output. It is accessible to all healers by doing a heavy attack with a Resto staff. Templars can access it through the Sacred Ground passive, and DKs by casting Igneous Shield.

Effectively healing people in ESO means more than just keeping them alive. In fact, keeping someone alive is quite simple in the majority of situations. A good healer will do everything they can to provide support to their group. This might come in the form of sustain (e.g. Templar's Shards, Worm Cult, Mystic Orb), counter-utility (e.g. Purge, Purifying Light), or buffs (e.g. SPC, Combat Prayer). There is a long list of support that a healer can provide, so don't limit yourself to just what I've mentioned here.

There's a lot more to it, but it doesn't do any good to learn the nuances until you master the basics. Good luck!
  • tntpop
    tntpop
    Thank you all... Notes taken!