The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug or Oversight

LokomotivBreath
LokomotivBreath
✭✭✭
I own Strident Springs Demesne and there are windows showing on the outside of the house, but are not on the inside. For instance, from the outside, the main level shows 6 windows. 2 single windows on each side of the door, a triple pane window to the outside of each of those, and a single pane on the outside of those. Walk through the front door and turn around. The 2 windows on either side of the door aren't there. As a matter of fact, the interior of the house doesn't match the exterior at all. There is a 3 pane window over the front door, but on the interior second floor facing south, there are 2 bedrooms with single windows. Yes I am a bit OCD but have a very good eye for things like this. Hire me ZOS and I will fix visual mistakes like this ;)
DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
XBoxOne
"I believe you have my stapler"
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LokomotivBreath

What you describe are discrepancies which are commonly found with many buildings in The Elder Scrolls Online. Namely, the appearance shown for the outside does not match the floor plan of the inside. The floor plan differs even for some simple buildings, such as a fireplace in a position on an outside wall that is not located in the corresponding position on the inside wall -- it might even be on the opposite wall.

One discrepancy that almost everyone eventually recognizes is that, after entering one type of building, the PC must walk down a hallway to a room at the rear, which extends completely between both outer walls to the left and to the right. However, there is no access to the "missing spaces" that are between the rear room and the front of the building, to the left and to the right, respectively, of the walls that form the hallway. Simply put, the T-shaped interior is inside of a square exterior.

Speaking of perfectionism, what really does affect playing the game are Lore Books which are misplaced or are in inaccessible locations (among other errors). For example, when a Lore Book is probably on the roof of a building in the Alik'r Desert, but there is no access to the roof whatsoever, thus the PC cannot "find it". Consequently, a PC cannot complete the collection of lore books for a library category in which any such misplaced or inaccessible lore book is included. There are at least three or four such books that I can think of at the moment. ....

Good luck on your new job. :smiley:

Edited by Shadowshire on March 29, 2017 1:11AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an ongoing sore-point for me with ESO. I was giving a friend, a brand new player to the game (and the world of MMOs) a tour of various properties. Via chat we toured the three "notable homes" simultaneously, previewing both with and without furnishings and discussing the cost-(in)effectiveness of each as a potential purchase. It happened to be dusk in-game when we began this separate-but-simultaneous tour. When we got to Serenity Falls Estate night had completely fallen. We took a look around. There's a building across the little bridge, designed I think to be a crafting center of some kind, though obviously you could use it for whatever you choose. From the outside it is this huge three-story high building, up on stilts in typical Kajiit style. From the ground you can see up into the 2nd/3rd floor through a big open door on the second level. Strangely, on the third level there is a window - no actual 3rd floor, just a double-high ceiling in the second level of the structure. At night light shines through to the outside.

But wait. There are no lights inside this building (yet). I decided to go in and look and make sure it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me. It had been a very long day of gaming at that point, after all, and I'm a human bean.

From inside you can (sort of) see through the 3rd floor window. Well, you can see the shift of outside light as you move inside the building. It's translucent, not transparent, but still. It's kind of nice (and I wish more windows had this feature/property). Step back outside though and it's got a bright/warm yellow glow as if the interior of the room is well lit...only you can clearly see that it isn't.

Kills that whole property for me. Yeah, I know. Super OCD. But c'mon. :(
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Called ZOS being lazy. And not giving 2 $@!!'s
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I inspected things like this when previewing houses. The walls that expose the back of Black Vine Villa and Autumn's Gate bothered me as kind of impractical. Masonry contractor must've left for another job before completing the wall is the best explanation I could find. That or the previous owner ran out of money/stone and said "f-it, finish the wall & let's move in already".
    Fear is the Mindkiller