The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for the ability to craft robe bottoms 2017

Earrindo
Earrindo
✭✭✭✭✭
Since all the threads I have found concerning this are somewhat older, or at least no replies lately, I wanted to add my voice to the request for this.

The ability to craft robe tops was added so those who didn't want to wear a full robe wouldn't be forced to. Conversely, I would very much like to see the ability to craft robe bottoms added. Anyone else interested in this would see the merits from a fashion and RP perspective; battlemages being the major reason, but overall robe looks being the other. By letting us mix and match light, heavy and medium tops with all the robe bottoms in the game, it would increase the possibilities for player fashion immensely.

Please note I chose to specifically NOT use the word "skirts" as there are actually a number of knee length skirt options in several armor weight categories. I am not referring to those. I am referring to the bottom half of light robe meshes, generally floor length, though there are several exceptions.
I would humbly ask any commenters refrain from posting about "skirts" as that is not what I am asking for. I am simply asking that ZoS finish what they started by making robe tops craftable on their own.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Since all the threads I have found concerning this are somewhat older, or at least no replies lately, I wanted to add my voice to the request for this.

The ability to craft robe tops was added so those who didn't want to wear a full robe wouldn't be forced to. Conversely, I would very much like to see the ability to craft robe bottoms added. Anyone else interested in this would see the merits from a fashion and RP perspective; battlemages being the major reason, but overall robe looks being the other. By letting us mix and match light, heavy and medium tops with all the robe bottoms in the game, it would increase the possibilities for player fashion immensely.

Please note I chose to specifically NOT use the word "skirts" as there are actually a number of knee length skirt options in several armor weight categories. I am not referring to those. I am referring to the bottom half of light robe meshes, generally floor length, though there are several exceptions.
    I would humbly ask any commenters refrain from posting about "skirts" as that is not what I am asking for. I am simply asking that ZoS finish what they started by making robe tops craftable on their own.

So you want the ability to craft a skirt? No im not kiddind, you can craft a shirt and pants, what exactly is a robe bottom? I'm not a girl so I'm not sure about the specifics, but a dress is one piece and a skirt is only the lower half. Of course you could call it a kilt but I believe those are shorter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a skirt like item, look at the Argonian Style for around that level. For sure the Medium Armor is a skirt, I think the light armor is too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want a skirt like item, look at the Argonian Style for around that level. For sure the Medium Armor is a skirt, I think the light armor is too.

Interesting, I did not know that. I've always been confused about the robe with pants thing anyway, I guess it keeps the bonuses equal. I would prefer other options for crafting gear but not necessarily more base items.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want the "classic" battlemage look, craft a heavy chest and daedric "legs." Daedric legs are what you describe as robe bottoms. The combo looks really good, too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Mercenary Heavy Legs are a Skirt, or a more a Kilt/Wrap I guess. So, those are like Robe Bottoms. The Light ones have more of a pant to them, but do have a wrap effect

http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/mercenary-homespun/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems my not using the word skirt has caused confusion. I also was unclear in the thoroughness of my previous research before posting.

The only, and I mean ONLY full length skirt is, yes, the daedric light "pants". There are a number of other light, medium and even heavy pants that have...wraps, for lack of a better term, and a select few that are more along the line of kilts. However they are knee length at best, the longest two being the Celestial light pants and the Ancient Orc heavy pants, which hit just past the knee. I actually enjoy that they are open, but they are short enough still to be...awkward.

What I am requesting is the "legs" or below the belt section of existing robe meshes being offered as a separate craftable, similar to how the "jerkin" meshes are the "upper" portion of the robe meshes.

I dislike being firm but please believe me when I say I have looked at every currently available motif and there is nothing, aside from Daedric light legs, that offers a full skirt on its own, and it is more of that sort of variety that I am requesting.
    Edited by Earrindo on March 28, 2017 4:22PM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what the OP is asking for, and while there are things "close" to what he is looking for the ability to craft robe bottoms is something I too have looked for in the past. There are some robe bottoms I'd like to swap myself. I can understand though that there may be some collision problems.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what the OP is asking for, and while there are things "close" to what he is looking for the ability to craft robe bottoms is something I too have looked for in the past. There are some robe bottoms I'd like to swap myself. I can understand though that there may be some collision problems.

What is a robe bottom? I'm still trying to picture what it would look like. I picture robes as either the kind a monk wears or the kind my wife wears to get out of the shower.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a floor length skirt essentially, but specifically the "skirt" portion of the existing robe meshes
  • oicero
    oicero
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this works for you as a skirt... erm robe bottoms :#
    http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/mazzatun-ancestor-silk/
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    of the air legs is a kilt
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option that I can see as of yet. There are costumes http://en.uesp.net/w/images/4/45/ON-costume-Battlemage_Palatine_Armor_(Male).jpg

Pretty cool setup but probably not what you're looking for.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on March 31, 2017 1:12PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric light legs
  • Eonlegion
    Eonlegion
    Soul Shriven
    I hear you Earrindo, I to would love this option as it could really add to the look i'd someday want on a War Wizard or a few Monk or Paladin type characters.

If i understand correctly the Lower portion of the Robe being crafted would end up looking like a normal robe was being worn, but that the top half was covered up/under the Breastplate/Leather Jerkin that the character was wearing.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essentially yes. Allowing us to mix and match our own "robes" by choosing the style of the skirt and the style of the top, as opposed to simply using the full robe mesh. This would allow for any number of interesting battlemage, monk, samurai-ish, war wizard, spellsword styled looks by combining medium or heavy chest items with the skirt of the light robes.

Not to mention using the existing jerkin meshes in conjunction with other skirts to make more diversity in robe stylings period.

Gods willing we will see this added soon. Absent some more variety in the motifs available, this would be a huge step in the right direction for player fashion options.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To repeat what others have said, use daedric style light legs. I've been using that setup pretty much since launch to create a templar/paladin look,where you use heavy chest/shoulders but the daedric light legs for a skirt look.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on April 3, 2017 3:57PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So because there is already one, single style of full skirt available (that is boring looking and takes most dyes poorly might I add) I should just refrain from asking for more aesthetic options?

I am using the daedric pants myself right now and I am underwhelmed, hence this thread. Apologies for being curt but I have made my thorough knowledge of all currently available options quite clear, as well as my general dissatisfaction with their limitations.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see this option for my mage.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made jerkins (light armor shirts) an option in the past, I do not see why this would be out of the question.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    So because there is already one, single style of full skirt available (that is boring looking and takes most dyes poorly might I add) I should just refrain from asking for more aesthetic options?

I am using the daedric pants myself right now and I am underwhelmed, hence this thread. Apologies for being curt but I have made my thorough knowledge of all currently available options quite clear, as well as my general dissatisfaction with their limitations.

Oh I'm all for the addition, I like the lower part of the Mercenary robe a lot and would definitely use it like that, I was just letting you know about the current option.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robe bottom...to clarify you mean that you'd like to be able to craft the bottom half of, say, a Nord light robe and use that as you leg piece...which you could match with like a Celestial light top.

You want mix-n-match robes, right?
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct davey, yes.