The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question on builds.

Xaessya
Xaessya
Soul Shriven
I just recently started the game and I'm going as a Wood Elf Sorcerer (Which I do know its not the best race/class combination but I chose them because I like them)
I was originally planning on making myself a healer sorcerer but I was recently told by other players is that they are no good for Level 50+ content and I was wondering if people agree with that and I should choose something else?
I would like to see some other builds so I would know how I will want to fill myself out.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone scoffed at my khajiit dragonknight healer until they got no death runs =p

Play what you want, the minmaxers don't have much power outside these forums. Sorc can make for a decent healer.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Everyone scoffed at my khajiit dragonknight healer until they got no death runs =p

Play what you want, the minmaxers don't have much power outside these forums. Sorc can make for a decent healer.

I instinctively tried to boot you from party after reading that.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

I instinctively tried to boot you from party after reading that.

Lol.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • superleeds19
    superleeds19
    ✭✭
    Sorcs can definitely heal, just not as OP as Templar. I've run it very successfully using 5 piece spell power cure, 5 piece worm set.

For skills, Use twilight matriarch for burst heal, combat prayer, mutagen, healing springs and mystic orbs. There is even room on bars for some dps skills

Only thing they can't do is give back much stamina to other players
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say go for it. Currently it seems like my Bosmer magplar is the shortest healer on the battlefield. She'd welcome the company. ;)

Seriously, the primary Bosmer cost is that your magicka pool will ultimately be around 3K lower than the healer standard AltmerBreton. The sorc gets some passive help there while the templar gets an active aura to help. You will be married to your twilight pet and have a greater challenge helping melee fighters/tanks with their stam management.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Xaessya
    Xaessya
    Soul Shriven
    How do mages usually go for with level 50+ content?