The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vet HelRa Top Boss Flame Spinner

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've pugged Vet HelRa many times, and almost none ever beat the flame Spinner boss. I'm getting better though with new guild and I've learned a few things that could help other pugs n noobs like me.

First is label the splits 1,2,3,4 and everyone needs to know their position. Combat text will reveal the real one that doesn't have all the crazy numbers when you hit it. Somebody needs to call out which one is the real one to direct the DPS.

Venom Arrow, Crushing Shock or some other ranged interrupt will be majorly helpful here. Healer should stand back a bit and get those interrupt when they start to spin anyone close should try to get the interrupt as well. Don't let them keep Burning you up.

I'm a bit hard headed so it took some time to sink in, but you can't dodge roll out of the AOE that comes from the spinners feet. But you can block and be just fine. That's right. Just stop your rotation and hold block as soon you see big red circle growing under the Spinner.it only last a second, and sometimes it's really fast and you don't see it in time, but just block.

There's a meteor that comes down and stuns someone. It often aims the healer in the middle somewhere. After you get up from the stun, walk away from the ground AOE it leaves behind. If it's right in front of Spinner move around it and continue beating on her.

If someone goes down, get them up. Fast. If your picking up and you see the Spinner AOE thing, stop and block. If you get meteor while picking up, move. Keep up with the interrupt.

We've had 4 people go down and still get it done with timing the pickups right and getting them when it's safe.

It's also great for the healer to have Barrier. It will save you way more than warhorn or healing Ultimates.

There are some other ways to do it, but I'm not real familiar with. Somehow you can run to the other room and hide (line of sight) around the corner and ultimate dump the boss. That's supposed to burn her down real fast, but I don't know all the inns and outs to it.

• NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can piece together listening to other people, there is also a method where folks with lightning staffs heavy attack the copies with splash damage hitting the "real" boss for something like 150% of the "crazy-high" damage that the copies take. Never seen this done, however, so it could just be urban legend. Some might consider it an exploit, I guess. Not sure what defines an exploit, though. I will admit that when I first heard people talking about it I thought it was pretty darn clever.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go left and hide behind the statue column. All the adds stack up. All use lit staff heavies and they dissolve in seconds lol. Or take a tank and pull them into the corridor he walks out of. Easy. Proper way involves a magdk spamming deep breath and running in between them all whilst everyone focuses the boss.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also believe when you get the boss down to a certain point, (I want to say 20%), all copies will be spinning on split. So everyone needs a target and prepared to interrupt right away.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I've always done it where each DPS gets assigned a spinner. Each DPS is responsible for bashing/interrupting their spinner when needed. After killing theirs they move over to the 'real' spinner'.

You should have 2 spare players (usually a healer and off-tank). We normally remove responsibility from the healer, just letting them heal. We've done different things with the off-tank... whats been least confusing is to have them stand between spawns 1 & 2 and debuff both spinners. If he has deep breath, then he can interrupt both spinners too, otherwise it's the DPS' job (assigning 2 people the same task of bashing 1 spinner often meant that it was neither person's job).

If someone goes down, the off-tank takes over bashing duty for the dead DPS. Only rez once you've burned your spinner. i.e. if there are 4 active spinners, don't rez until you've taken one out.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can piece together listening to other people, there is also a method where folks with lightning staffs heavy attack the copies with splash damage hitting the "real" boss for something like 150% of the "crazy-high" damage that the copies take. Never seen this done, however, so it could just be urban legend. Some might consider it an exploit, I guess. Not sure what defines an exploit, though. I will admit that when I first heard people talking about it I thought it was pretty darn clever.

Send 1 healer, 1 tank, 4 lightning staff DPS up top right. Can also send 1 stam dps up there instead and have the healer use a lightning staff back bar or something.

When the adds appear - don't attack - just get the bashes when needed, ward up if needed - tank aggros all the adds and boss and pulls them all to the doorway of the small room on the left so they all clump up -
    lightning heavy attack one of the adds. DO NOT LIGHTNING HEAVY ATTACK THE BOSS, it will kill the adds super fast. You heavy attack the adds and you'll see the boss taking like 200k damage per tick.

When the ads die just go full rotation on the boss until he summons the adds again - rinse repeat till dead.

We've gotten the boss to 20% hp on the first add spawn rotation doing this.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

We have done this couple of times, but this needs better coordination.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Venom Arrow, Crushing Shock or some other ranged interrupt will be majorly helpful here. Healer should stand back a bit and get those interrupt when they start to spin anyone close should try to get the interrupt as well. Don't let them keep Burning you up.

healer shouldn't.. plain simple.. there is an extra dd (off-tank) to help if needed.
    I'm a bit hard headed so it took some time to sink in, but you can't dodge roll out of the AOE that comes from the spinners feet. But you can block and be just fine.

In fact you can, but you need to be very fast. But the reason why you shouldn't do it is because it's a waist of stamina.
    Like you said, you just need to block it.. beware fellow vampires, at stage 4 you can be RIP if you don't have full health.
    There's a meteor that comes down and stuns someone. It often aims the healer in the middle somewhere. After you get up from the stun, walk away from the ground AOE it leaves behind. If it's right in front of Spinner move around it and continue beating on her.

Get up from the stun? Just block it. Beware not to stand in the inner circle of the meteor as this is almost always an instaRIP.

|Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM