The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craft of Sell?

Guybrush10
Guybrush10
Soul Shriven
I am a new player and my bags are filling up with gathering materials very fast my question is should i just sell the materials or start crafting myself?
i was told a Mount costs 40k gold so i was wondering if its best to get that first buy making gold asap.

Thanks
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell in guild trader, don't vendor...low level mats sell for more than high level. Sell in stacks of 25 for best results.
    Edited by jlboozer on March 27, 2017 2:33PM
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    The brown horse is 10k, and the three others availible in game costs slightly over 40k.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell on a guild trader and look up the current prices to maximize profits . The furniture mats sell highest .
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw if on ps4 NA hit me up(jlboozer)....I will get you a horse, no man should go without a horse imo!!

+ I can also get you into some top trading guilds if you want...peace!!
    Edited by jlboozer on March 27, 2017 2:54PM
  • Guybrush10
    Guybrush10
    Soul Shriven
    thanks all very helpful
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Btw if on ps4 NA hit me up(jlboozer)....I will get you a horse, no man should go without a horse imo!!

+ I can also get you into some top trading guilds if you want...peace!!

Im on PC dude :( im assume they have differnt servers for console players
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game. If you're brand new, you might could use these tips:

- you can expand bag space at a bag vendor. Expansions are in increments of ten, the first several are quite cheap (the first is 400 gold, the last is 65,000). In a recent ESO Live they said 70%'of players never expand, so that's why I'm telling you.

- likewise, you can buy bank space at a banker.

- your account has eight character slots. Use them. Create cool characters in classes you might play someday, but use them now to hold junk. One can hold all your enchanting items. Another can hold provisioning. Another can hold crafting mats. They all share your bank, so you can play, load items into the bank then move them onto the other toons. Yes, it's laborious. But it's faster and cheaper in the long run than getting to a point where you need forty effing bananas and have to spend a weekend or 50,000 gold looking for the damn things, lol.

- once you buy that $10k horse (or any mount), it can be used by all toons on your account. So your holder alts will have a mount. Start feeding the mount on your holders to increase their bag space - they can feed once every 20 hours to get up to 60 more slots at 250 gold each. Start that process now on multiple characters, and you should have enough relatively cheap space to last you a while.

- when I started, I liked to get my holders up to about 160 slots. That's 60 mount upgrades plus four from the bag vendor. All together this costs about 30k gold per character.

- The easiest way to fund bad expansion or most anything else when you're new is to look at crafting motifs in guild stores. See which sell for over $20k each. Look up how they drop, find ones you don't mind playing for, then earn these occasionally. Join a trade guild and sell in the store. Even as a brand new player you can make $50-$100k per week taking the time to earn these. Motifs I recommend to get you started: draugr, Minotaur, order of the hour, abahs watch, thieves guild, dark brotherhood.