The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO+ membership & Imperial Mount

bertoos
bertoos
Soul Shriven
Hi Guys,
I am brand new to the game and love it. Got myself an ESO+ membership and having lots of fun.
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just could not find the answer anywhere.

If i have the ESO+ membership I know have access to the DLC's... I read about an Imperial Mount that you can buy for much cheaper than the regular horses in the game if you baught the imperial city DLC. So my question is... With the ESO+ membership, can I also buy the Imperial mount and if so, where and how, because i cannot see it @ the stables.

Again... sorry if this is a noob question... like i said... i am a noob to ESO

Thx in advance
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial mount for 100 coins, is only available if you buy the Imperial Edition, which includes the Adventurer package.

ESO+ doesn't include that horse in it, just the Imperial Edition.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're mixing up Imperial City DLC and (Digital) Imperial Edition.

You can buy an upgrade called "Digital Imperial Edition" from the crown store, but that's got nothing to do with DLCs.
    'Imperial City' on the other hand is a DLC that you, as ESO+ subscriber, have access to.

For the Imperial mount you need the "(Digital) Imperial Edition", which will also grant access to the Imperial race and some (?) other goodies..

I put "Digital" in brackets, cause long long ago there was a non-digital Imperial Edition available.. and I have no idea if you can still get one or, if you get one, if it would still work.
    Avidspark wrote: »
    The Imperial mount for 100 coins, is only available if you buy the Imperial Edition, which includes the Adventurer package.
    ESO+ doesn't include that horse in it, just the Imperial Edition.
    In your last sentence you mean "Imperial City", right? ;)

• bertoos
    bertoos
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for clearing that up for me!
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »

No, I meant that horse (the 100 gold one) is in the Imperial Edition, NOT the Imperial City DLC.
    Edited by Avidspark on March 27, 2017 11:26AM
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy the Imperial Upgrade from the crown store, for 2100 crowns.
    (Is what I spent my first ESO+ money on ;))

This will give you the mount, the playable Imperial race, a Mudcrab pet and a scroll of Mara just like the Imperial Edition does, but it will not contain the Adventurers package. That one can also be bought separately, has a mount and pet and is slightly cheaper (1900) than the Imperial one, but doesn't have a playable race. Personally I think the Imperial Upgrade has more useful stuff in it, but I suggest you check out the crown store and decide for yourselves what you'd like or if you even feel like it's worth getting.

If it's just a mount you're after, there are some pretty cool ones in the crown store also (A lion! need I say more?)

EDIT: because all this can be confusing. xD
    The Imperial Edition is a bundle/copy of ESO just as the Gold Edition is. As far as I know the Imperial Edition as a hard-copy was only available if you pre-ordered ESO (could be wrong here?) and came with corresponding awesome real-life extras. The Gold Edition is still available (as hard-copy and digitally) and includes all 4 big DLCs: Imperial City, Orsinium, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. The Imperial Edition did not have any DLC (they didn't exist yet) but its digital extras can now be purchased through the Adventurers Pack and the Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade in the crown store.
    Edited by Saturnana on March 27, 2017 12:09PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    psxfloh wrote: »
    No, I meant that horse (the 100 gold one) is in the Imperial Edition, NOT the Imperial City DLC.

oh well.. "ESO+ doesn't include that horse in it, just the Imperial Edition." is kinda ambigous.

I read it like "ESO+ doesn't include that horse in it, [ESO+] just [includes] the Imperial Edition."
    where you wanted to say "ESO+ doesn't include that horse in it, just the Imperial Edition [includes that horse]." :D
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the OP: I'd recommend reading a beginner's guide (for "one tamriel")..

Best hints imho:
    1. Use wayshrines to travel for free (or better yet: when you travel to someone in your friend list or someone in your guild, it's also free! and you'll always appear at the wayshrine closest to them)
    2. get a horse as soon as you can
    3. start spending money at the stables to improve riding speed and bag space (even if you don't have a horse yet!)
    4. if you plan to make alts one day.. think about creating them right now, so you can already improve riding speed ;)
    5. go to cyrodiil as soon as you can (level 10), do the tutorial and put the skill point you'll be getting there into "rapid maneuvers" - you'll save a lot of time running or riding around with that skill. And for the tutorial you don't have to fight vs. other players, yet..
    6. chose one (!) character and make him/her your dedicated main crafting character.. you don't have to put any skill points into crafting skill lines, but you can already level crafting by deconstructing items you don't need and learn racial and other 'motifs'.
    7. Also start "research" at crafting stations for all professions whenever it's available. The research times get longer and longer, so better start early! There's a passive skill for each crafting skill line that increases research slots and decreases research times. This is also important and worth taking over everything else from the crafting skill lines.
    8. As you have ESO+, and therefore an infinite 'crafting bag' for all your crafting materials, take every 'plant' (for alchemy) and ingredient (for provisioning) you can get! One day you will want to increase alchemy and provisioning professions, if you didn't do so already..
    Edited by psxfloh on March 27, 2017 12:00PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a summary:

ESO Plus (aka Subscription): Includes access to all DLC, the crafting bag, costume dying and some bonuses to experience, gold, crafting time and possibly something else (they don't list these on the store so I can never remember them all).

Imperial Upgrade/Edition: Gives you access to the Imperial race, white Imperial horse, Nibenay Mudcrab pet and 1 Pledge of Mara. (The version available now is the Imperial Upgrade, there was a special edition of the game available at launch called the Imperial Edition, the digital version included exactly the same stuff as the Upgrade, the physical edition included that and some real-life items like a statue of Molag Bal and a map or something.)

Adventurer's/Explorer's Pack: Gives you a set of treasure maps, a Bantam Guar pet and the Any Race in Any Alliance upgrade which allows you to choose your race and alliance separately (so for example you can make a khajiit in the Pact).
    - This is sometimes confused with the Imperial Edition because it was originally a pre-order bonus. Many people pre-ordered the Imperial Edition and so got both sets of bonus items together and don't always distinguish between the two.

(The Adventurer's Pack is also sometimes confused with the Crown Store Starter Pack, which is no longer available. This contained a mount (the piebald destrier) and a pet (the windhelm wolfhound) and a bunch of crown store food and drink.)

Imperial City DLC: This contains the Imperial City which is in the centre of Cyrodiil and functions as a PvPvE zone, 2 dungeons and a bunch of items. It's sometimes confused with the Imperial Edition/Upgrade due to the similarity in the names, which is an unfortunate effect of the game's lore.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"