The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

help with level blacksmithing

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was leveling black smithing to level 6, nearly lvl 7.... now i just realized that for pretty much all of the cool styles i need to have it at lvl 10 :cold_sweat:
And i just grinded the rings and stuff for the side set i want next to the crafted...what a waste, should have read up on crafting before...

So i read that the fastest way is to basically deconstruct stuff other players have made and vice-verca... whats the easiest way to do that and how can i find other players for that? Or is anybody around that also wants to level black smithing and could help?

Thanks in advance!!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps: im on the European Mega Server Homestead
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing intricate traited loot you find will help a lot too.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also craft with another character on your account, bank the items then break them down with the character level them.

Otherwise just level/play as normal and break down all your items you find apart from Ornate ones (always sell them).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! I'm on the EU server also. :)

Are you on PC, by any chance?
    If so, let me know your in-game ID and I can send you some stuff to deconstruct later tonight.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now i just realized that for pretty much all of the cool styles i need to have it at lvl 10

If your talking about Motifs, some of them are locked to L9 or L10 in the Material Passive, That Material Passive does not unlock until L35(?) or L40 in the Blacksmithing (or other gear) Skill.

In other words, you have a long way to go to make Daedric.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it's faster just to run delves for shards and deconstruct that loot. You'll need to run them for xp and skill points anyway. Or decon intricate stuff from writs.

But this might be part of your problem - the higher level the gear, the more value in deconstructing it. If you're trying to level craft skills on a character that's like a level 30, it will take forever to get to smith 50 by tearing apart low level junk.