The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Remove/Re-design Alessia bridge?

andreasranasen
andreasranasen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Everyday I see people on there having pillowfights for hours, sometimes even DAYS O_O

Do people enjoy these Alessia bridge fights? I think they should just remove the upper floors on the bridge and just design a flat, but wider bridge.
Edited by andreasranasen on March 27, 2017 2:36AM
#VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
  • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
  • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf

Remove/Re-design Alessia bridge? 181 votes

Yes
37%
wolfdoggie_ESOfastolfv_ESOGilvothDeadlyRecluseNewBlacksmurfOlernAsaredstevvvob16_ESOIruil_ESOSienneYvietePotenzaWingjuha.smedsneb18_ESOAlex_LexSimzanixSkullfoxleeuxSigma957runagateHymzir 67 votes
No
62%
IcyDeadPeoplekewlnexxus_ESOJoy_DivisionWhitePawPrintswenchmore420b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOTurelusJD2013EnodocBam_BamkwisatzSodanTokmakrethidkKetarmishluen79rwb17_ESOAlinielmertustaNifty2g 114 votes
  • karma69
    karma69
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Cyrodiil map is old and stale. There is some excitement to that bridge fight other than when it gets stale and either side refuse to attack, imo.
    PC EU - @Karma'X - Guild and Raid Leader of Hodor

Too many world records to remember
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cyrodiil needs a complete rethink, perhaps making emperor rely on keeps other than those that are directly in the circle and / or relocating some of those inner keeps.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Yes.

You better put "yes" :lol:
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Need more places like it in Cyrodil.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It encourages zerging and AP farming and of course that's frowned upon the community ....right?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think the issue is there is no reason to spread out to other bridges that already exist.

There is a similar issue at the Ash mile gate and presumably at Chalman gate.

Everyone always takes the shortest path. The quickest solution is more outposts the towns weren't enough to make people take the longer routes.

If I were to redesign it I would put boards between the pillars that hold it up undernieth so that I can sneak below the fighting. If there are more levels to fight on you would actually be able to pass the bridge sometimes.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Need more places like it in Cyrodil.

This ^
    PC | EU
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes please
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless you turn all of Cyro into the Alessia Bridge.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    if it isn't broken...(and it isn't)

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Bridge us broken its a ap farm that Ad and Ep have , that's why there seems to be more ranked higher players on those factions
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bridge must be further from Alessia and closer to Sejanus.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    That would put it on dry land, making it pretty pointless as bridge
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The bridge of points is perfect and should remain.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Redesign the mechanics of Cyrodiil.

Right now the "giant" map of Cyrodiil is extremely tiny. Fights occur in the lanes between the inner six keeps while the vast majority of the map is totally empty.

If ZOS provided incentive to do something else besides zerg the lands between the inner six keep those Alessia bridge fights would not be nearly as frequent. The issue has to do with both the large population reductions due to bad game performance (only 1-2 major fights happening at a time these days) as well as lack of incentive to do anything besides AP farm at places like Alessia Bridge.

Also Alessia Bridge is a place I have awesome memories of. I could never imagine Cyrodiil without my bridge! :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't you dare .

What we need is a earthquake to split the ground and another bridge between Nikel and Roe with 1/2 lava an 1/2 water so you can burn while slaughterfish eat at you if you fall .
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At the end of the day it, the other bridges and mile gates are designed as choke points. I voted 'yes' because I would like to see a change in these choke points in some way but I realise they are a necessary evil. I love the mile gates but find the bridges more of a pain to get over. Though we always end up using the middle bridge from Cropsford to avoid the fights.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Feeding people to slaughterfish underneath Alessia bridge = early roleplaying as a Warden :trollface:
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    latest?cb=20110813233010
    they should make it like it was in oblivion, 3 feet wide a mile long
    added a picture
    Edited by wolfxspice on March 27, 2017 8:18AM
    I'm a casual now
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    zaria wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    That would put it on dry land, making it pretty pointless as bridge

Why? Make the damn Niben river as it should be, WIIIDDDDDEEEE. It was supposed to be a river ships sail trough. Not this bs we got now.
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    latest?cb=20110813233010
    they should make it like it was in oblivion, 3 feet wide a mile long
    added a picture

Now this is more like ti. I love it!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭
    Leave them, they are one of the few good designs on the map.

What I never got about the design in Cyrodiil is why so many shortcuts were taken. Like the amount of unique terrain is rather small, they just have a relatively few unique sections and they change the orientiation and stitch them together. Clever but not really great map design.

Structures same deal they just duplicate a small handful of unique designs.

And the larger strategic design is basically non existent. Like just separating the structures with uninteresting space for the most part.

It's just strange to put the resources they did into creating a core engine that could handle massive pvp, then come up so short on the map design. It could have been so much better.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyday I see people on there having pillowfights for hours, sometimes even DAYS O_O

Do people enjoy these Alessia bridge fights? I think they should just remove the upper floors on the bridge and just design a flat, but wider bridge.

Obviously some ppl enjoy these bridge fights, dear, otherwise they wouldn't got there. But thinking about it ... even MORE people stack at outposts and keeps and pillowfight there for hours, even days. We need to remove this! Oh, and some people stack at milegates too, so they have to go as well!

Le's make a Cyrodiil with staging areas and an entrance to IC only. :blush:

(Maybe also limit the acces to max 1 player on the campaign? To avoid accidential fighting anywhere on the map?)
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As much as I hate bridgefights I don't want the bridge to be reconstructed
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This thread is just ridiculous
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I guess the people who always die on the bridge don't like it but it is such a great area to kite around that everything else just pales in comparison. To me it is the best form of pvp there is. Large scale fighting can be done on top with small scale happening all around at the same time. If you know the area you can fight massive zergs. Flat areas just don't have that potential. In my opinion there need to be much more areas like this. If you want to get across there are many options if you don't want to fight.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While we're on this, please remove Chalman keep too. I want to see what DC would ever be doing without it.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Bridge fights are (often) way more fun than pi$$ing about at keeps trying to fight a whole faction.

rip decibel