The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Molten Armaments question

emily3989
emily3989
✭✭✭✭✭
The tool tip on my Molten Armaments skill says when activated it applies major sorcery to me an everyone in my group.

I cast it and only minor brutality shows on my temporary buff list. I thought it might me just something the add-on misses, but whether I cast it or not, I do the exact same base damage with all my spells. I did a quick search on forums but cannot seem to see anyone else with this issue.

Thanks.
Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA

Best Answers

• Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Major Sorcery only comes from the Igneous Weapons morph, molten armaments gives you increased heavy attack damage.

Edit: Also, the major sorcery buff will appear as part of the igneous weapons buff fot whatever reason. So when you cast igneous weapons the buffs will show as

Igneous Weapons
    Major Brutality
    Minor Brutality
    Edited by Blake6332 on March 28, 2017 11:12PM
    Answer ✓
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested it with a lava whip on my stam dk (I use Molten for the heavy attack bonus), my whip did 2.4k with Molten, and then 2.1k when it expired. Same mob and I waited for minor Brutality to wear off before testing. Looks like it's working to me.
    Answer ✓
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did you cast it? It sometimes doesn't work in towns becuase it is a buff and you have attacking innocents off.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was grinding in a public dungeon
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't show as major sorcery buff but as molten armanent instead and you should see your spell damage go up after casting it. Although I'm not sure if increased spell damage is real or not as I haven't tested in combat
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no molten armaments buff, no increased spell damage for me.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. When I cast the non morphed ability I get molten weapons buff but when morphed to molten armaments I only get minor brutality. I have not tested mag damage with basic buff but seems sucky if the morphed version was worse than basic one.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it working now. Think it was just showing the wrong tool tip or something. Or I am just crazy. Thanks all