The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Comparing game to others & population for both PVP & PVE.

menko101_ESO
menko101_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi all! Was very curious to know how this game is doing population wise? And what the PVP to PVE ratio is? Was interested in playing when it was in beta, but never jumped into it. I have been playing swtor and wanted to know if anyone can compare the two. Any help or info would be appreciated and sorry if my question isn't easily answered.

Best Answer

• menko101_ESO
    menko101_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much for the response. It's good to hear and i'm very interested in jumping into this game. More of a PVPer, but always get enjoyment from PVE. I've played SWTOR for 5 years and at the more "competitive" level until recently going a bit more casual.
    Answer ✓
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game seems to be very healthy on all 3 platforms. I can't give exact numbers, though.

More people are into the PvE over PvP but Cyrodiil (the PvP zone) is always active, too.

If you like TOR, you'll like ESO too because both are very solo friendly.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 million copies have been sold since E3 2016 (June 2016), as of February 2017 (units sold, not an active player number). Lifetime sales are 8.5 million. And the population is split evenly between all 3 platforms. Source

Those were the only actual numbers revealed recently.

Edited by Lake on March 27, 2017 1:32AM
  • menko101_ESO
    menko101_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So the game feels well and alive for what you want to do? PVP, PVE, RP, etc.?
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it's more likely you might find the game overpopulated, especially at peak times (even with the automatic multiple map instancing).

I personally like seeing a lot of people everywhere in the world, but judging by the forums not everyone does. (Like, when you enter a public dungeon and there's a swarm of people that have already killed everything. Or a popular city that makes you lag due to all the people there.)

PVP-wise, there's population locking. For example, at this minute on PCNA I can see 2/4 campaigns are 100% full already.
  • menko101_ESO
    menko101_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses guys, has helped a ton!