The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should I run sharpened or:

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
After another thread discussing the viable weapon trait options, should I run:
Edited by bg22 on March 26, 2017 8:30PM

Should I run sharpened or: 48 votes

Sharpened
31%
m2super_ESObg22Minalanredspecter23Trihuggersneaky_tForsakenSinAnti_VirusFerrumnCutemxRichh94IsellskoomaHorowonnoeRiptideWandererRABIDxWOLVERINEnickl413 15 votes
Sharpened
14%
StannumRajajshkapaulsimonpsAedarylJim_PippReactWaysider321 7 votes
Sharpened
25%
JsmallsUntrustedExistenzVarilRauAhzekbebynnagcpuScientistHekaterinLordGavusYubariust3hdubzyTheStealthDudeRapidUrsa 12 votes
Sharpened
29%
Iruil_ESOzariadanno8EdziuDamianosBananaGamanoiddatgladiatahDrdeath20ZvorginRon_Burgundy_79NidroEntegreAAbrigo 14 votes
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous or training

And btw all your poll opinions are the same...
    Pretty dumb mistake if you ask me.
    Edited by Ghettokid on March 26, 2017 8:33PM
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    Sharpened is better than sharpened if you ask me.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update sig, pls. ;)
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    Update sig, pls. ;)

I'm always on mobile... I forget I even have a sig
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If only the loot table looked like this...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only the loot table looked like this...

haha :smiley:
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no sharpened option :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    Wouldnt choose sharpened in this situation.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where's Sharpened?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened for PvE dps, Nirn for pvp ing or dueling magic builds (double so if you start seeing nothing but sorcs), powered or precise for healers, defending and decisive for tanks, training for grinders, infused for niche builds (master's resto, maelstrom destro).

The only trait that is truly not a consideration is prosperous, tbh. It just seems like you wouldn't want any other trait if all you value is damage dealer toons.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually did 41k on robust skeleton self buffed today with infused trait. But was a special build tho. Meta says sharpened but its not a must. I do think the charge trait could be changed, maybe additional more dmg with status effects or something. Status effects are weak dmg, even on a DK with passive. Precice and nirn seam weak as well, but will work in some builds.
    The decisive trait works best if you have more ult regen then the base you get from light attacking, since it has a chance to proc each time you gain ultimate. Not for a DD.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Sharpened for PvE dps, Nirn for pvp ing or dueling magic builds (double so if you start seeing nothing but sorcs), powered or precise for healers, defending and decisive for tanks, training for grinders, infused for niche builds (master's resto, maelstrom destro).

The only trait that is truly not a consideration is prosperous, tbh. It just seems like you wouldn't want any other trait if all you value is damage dealer toons.

You forgot charged. Charged is good, very good indeed and now needed just as it is with concussion and off-balance
    I'll post this under 100 threads if that's what it takes to get people to notice :D

I'll put myself out on the limb and say Charged >= sharpened in many scenarios that are not 12-man-fully optimised raids.

PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    I actually did 41k on robust skeleton self buffed today with infused trait. But was a special build tho. Meta says sharpened but its not a must. I do think the charge trait could be changed, maybe additional more dmg with status effects or something. Status effects are weak dmg, even on a DK with passive. Precice and nirn seam weak as well, but will work in some builds.
    The decisive trait works best if you have more ult regen then the base you get from light attacking, since it has a chance to proc each time you gain ultimate. Not for a DD.

If you had used sharpened it would have been higher!
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    Masel92 wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

You forgot charged. Charged is good, very good indeed and now needed just as it is with concussion and off-balance
    I'll post this under 100 threads if that's what it takes to get people to notice :D

I'll put myself out on the limb and say Charged >= sharpened in many scenarios that are not 12-man-fully optimised raids.

So which limb would you like chopped off with my SHARPENED CLEAVER???
  • IlpsyducklI
    Nirn Maul Bis !!!!!
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Idk man I did a dps test with sharpened, but got a lower score than when I used my sharpened. Now I'm just grinding for a sharpened so my sharpened damage per sharpened will be a bit more sharpened.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    can i hijack the thread a moment to ask does the bleed effect from my 2 shaprpened maelstrom axes count as a single target dot?
    ie can my axes buff themselves?

also that maelstrom rng is AWESOME! WHY SO MANY THREADS COMPLAINING?
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened
    This is a close poll. I'm interested to see who will be the winner.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I have too many sharpened vma staves. Someone 2 man it with me so I can trade you for a charged maul.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can i hijack the thread a moment to ask does the bleed effect from my 2 shaprpened maelstrom axes count as a single target dot?

@puffytheslayer Yes it counts as a single target DoT and yes they are empowered by Cruel Flurry without consuming the enchant and on top of that they ignore all penetration. The DoT is actually pretty damn strong, stronger than Rending Slashes!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened

@puffytheslayer Yes it counts as a single target DoT and yes they are empowered by Cruel Flurry without consuming the enchant and on top of that they ignore all penetration. The DoT is actually pretty damn strong, stronger than Rending Slashes!

thank you! and YAY!