The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO+ in February had less than 30 days, it this feature or a con?

obeythegrammar
obeythegrammar
Soul Shriven
Alright, I got Steam acc, but their Support is so lame I can't contact these guys or their system return me to Zenimax/Bethesda to discuss anything. I brought my ESO+ on February, 27 (or 10 pm Feb 26 EST), and today in the morning (3 am EST) I received payment notification. I may not be brightest maths adept, but this is clearly less than 30 days (and even less than 28 days by half a day) stated in subscribtion in your store and completely not specified in Steam store, thus creating confusion. Zenimax, please, take action to protect your customers from misinformation and fix describtion and convince your partner system to do the same. I was actually thinking of switching sub plan to 6 months and now I just want to cancel it because I feel like I am being deceived by minor manipulations in the billing system.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    My renewal date is also the 26th. Microsoft always bill me on the same day of the month since June 1015. February is a short month, March has 31 days not 30 along a few other months. You get your couple days back. No one is deceiving you .....

• obeythegrammar
    obeythegrammar
    Soul Shriven
    Balibe wrote: »
    My renewal date is also the 26th. Microsoft always bill me on the same day of the month since June 1015. February is a short month, March has 31 days not 30 along a few other months. You get your couple days back. No one is deceiving you .....

The question is if it's only billing system or not. Because my previous history of autopay before Steam was day-to-day payment.
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Good grief, you've been subbed to this game for over a thousand years. Now that's dedication.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

Good grief, you've been subbed to this game for over a thousand years. Now that's dedication.

Not a thousand, almost 2 years.I believe in supporting the game and don't mind supporting a game I love ......

I come from years of MMO's, back in the days you were required to pay a monthly subscriptions just to play the game in addition to the game cost. My first MMO did not have any alts, if you wanted an alt it was another monthly subscriptions. All DLC's were always an addition cost, did not matter how small. Times have changed ......

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol 1000 years?

Sum one ain' gud et math...

He been subbed for Tree fiddy days!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    lol 1000 years?

I think they're mocking the typo of 1015 not 2015.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    lol 1000 years?

Yeah apperantly it's you, 2017-1015= 1002 years
    Most were just poking fun at the typo, but seriously if you going to try an debunk some lol at least be correct.

Also that would be 669 days not 350 if it was the correct date.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on March 31, 2017 1:45PM
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Whether my sub for this or even basic credit card bills, they're all usually do the same date, not on a 30 day exact cycle. Some months are longer than 30 days and in the case of February, shorter. For that reason, recurring payments are almost always going to go by date rather than amount of real time. Car payments, cell phone bills, always the same date of the month in my world. So, it's not surprising that in this particular case you'd run into this. To be fair, had you started your sub the following month, you would have actually gotten an extra day on before being charged again.
  • Dreyfron
    Dreyfron
    ✭✭✭

haha funny! ;)
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    In the long run, being billed on the same day each month is a better value than an actual 30 days, as there are 30.4 days per year (and even more during a leap year).
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • LordNilloc
    LordNilloc
    ✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    In the long run, being billed on the same day each month is a better value than an actual 30 days, as there are 30.4 days per year (and even more during a leap year).

30.4 days per year! Wow.
    That makes me roughly 451 years old!!!
  • obeythegrammar
    obeythegrammar
    Soul Shriven
    Still no comment from any community manager. I still need the answer about exact number of days in my February sub.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    A community manager is not going to have answers for billing. You need to file a support ticket. I suggest you start with Microsoft as they are doing the actual billing ......
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start here ( https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US )and follow the links. CSMs are for game support, not billing. The forums are not for billing problems either.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Payment notification doesn't matter. Check days left in your sub on your account page.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stuff people complain about on these forums just never cease to amaze me. If you have ESO+ for a year you'll make 12 total payments on the same day of each month. So yes, because February is short you will make two payments a bit closer together but then for months with 31 days they'll be a bit further apart. This system actually gives you 5 bonus days a year because if you truly paid exactly every 30 days then 12 payments would just last you 360 day instead of all 365 in the year.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    The stuff people complain about on these forums just never cease to amaze me. If you have ESO+ for a year you'll make 12 total payments on the same day of each month. So yes, because February is short you will make two payments a bit closer together but then for months with 31 days they'll be a bit further apart. This system actually gives you 5 bonus days a year because if you truly paid exactly every 30 days then 12 payments would just last you 360 day instead of all 365 in the year.

I'm confused because honestly... you pay for 30 days of game time. You are not paying for 1 month. 30. days.

I pay my sub by the 180 day option, and it never comes out on the exact same day (as in 22nd of the month or whatever). It comes out... 180 days later. Which due to short/long months etc. is usually off by a couple days from the previous one.

[edit] FWIW I play and pay via the ESO website. Not through a console marketplace or steam.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 11, 2017 8:52PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I'm confused because honestly... you pay for 30 days of game time. You are not paying for 1 month. 30. days.

I pay my sub by the 180 day option, and it never comes out on the exact same day (as in 22nd of the month or whatever). It comes out... 180 days later. Which due to short/long months etc. is usually off by a couple days from the previous one.

[edit] FWIW I play and pay via the ESO website. Not through a console marketplace or steam.
    It must be different based on platforms. The OP is paying thru Steam .....

I am on the XB1, my renewal is on the 26th of the month regardless if there are 29 days or 31 days .....

I get an email about at least week in advance from Microsoft letting me know of the upcoming charge. Then I get a confirmation email from Microsoft on the 25th that I have successfully renewed. I get no emails from ESO in regards to the subscription .....
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

It must be different based on platforms. The OP is paying thru Steam .....

I am on the XB1, my renewal is on the 26th of the month regardless if there are 29 days or 31 days .....

I get an email about at least week in advance from Microsoft letting me know of the upcoming charge. Then I get a confirmation email from Microsoft on the 25th that I have successfully renewed. I get no emails from ESO in regards to the subscription .....

Ah, and Microsoft is who you actually purchase the sub from, and they are technically the ones taking the money right? @Balibe Definitely sounds like a per platform thing then.

Not sure about steam, but if you are buying the subscription from steam OP, and it's steam removing the money from your account... this honestly sounds to be a Steam issue, not a Zos issue. As mentioned, mine most definitely isn't by the month, and I deal directly through Zos, not a different marketplace such as Steam or Xbox.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe I should buy subscription on January 30th and watch how it will skip a payment in February :D

Anyway, I do get the complaints, because with 1 month subscription it is most likely that the person plans to cancel it at some point (because it would be more beneficial to purchase longer package otherwise) or the person who simply wants to try it for a month. So that means they have their membership time truly cut down compared to what was advertised. There is a question tho, would the membership actually end on 26th or would it last 2 more days if you decide to cancel subscription? Because pay day and day of expiration might not be related.

If somebody is paying monthly because they can't really afford bulk payment for more months, then they got advantage of 5 extra days out of it tho.