The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you guys think about the warden class

Dk_needs_a_buff
Dk_needs_a_buff
✭✭✭
If you guys have seen the abilities for the warden class how do you think it will change pvp?

Having seen all the skills in my opinion alot of people will get annoyed. Constantly getting rooted and snared will only increase the need for heavy gear wich is still op in pvp. Some damage is based on max health so its obvious wardens are gonna be rinning around with huge health huge damage and heavy gear. It feels like zenimax wants another class siniler to templar. Or do you guys think heavy armour will get slightly nurfed when this class comes?

Thanks guys id like to see your opinions
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the impression they're going to be OP no matter what

(mainly because people won't know how to counter them at first)
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will love the Warden for solo and duo PvE.

For PvP I have no idea yet. I will run a medium armor, bow and sword and board with pets Warden. It will be not the best setup for PvP but I think I will have fun. But in the end, the FOTM builds will come with heavy armor, constant rooting and healing to max health in one fart.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried building one and it seems very buffy. My whole back bar and part of front bar were buffs.
    They do get access to almost every buff in the game so I think they'll be good solo. Great healing etc.
    I also think they have some 1v1 burst potential if the bees work like I think they do.
    The ice tree on the other hand just seems weird. Might be able to build a cool tank but with the cc dmg scaling off health its a rather expensive snare. Other than that I only see frost shield being used, maybe slot the ulti for max magicka bonus.

It does look like something fun to try out but with mage guild/fighter's guild/undaunted/alliance war/the *** horse grinds I'm not sure it's worth the bother for me personally.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo , new meta is comming ! :(
    M
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »
    Sooo , new meta is comming ! :(

The meta is heavy gear. As soon as zenimax *** it all classes will be balanced. New class will not change the meta
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think Warden will be well balanced.

You will see a ton of Wardens at launch since they're new, but that hype will die out in about a month or so.

They don't have the burst healing and 5x effect purges that Templars have, the tankiness and Vamp-killing power of DKs, or the damage and burst (or utility via Negate) that comes from Sorcs/NBs. They have other benefits, yet (obviously) lack those of other classes.

Wardens are simply "unique" in their own way. We will see this class act more supportive than any other class, and become powerful when in groups they can support with many of their skills, including Expansive Ice Cloak amd Sleet Storm (the next "cancer" ult).

Templars will still be the most reliable healers. Some tanks and damage dealers will convert to Warden though for sure. It all has to do with what classes offer, and Warden fits in well with these all imo amd doesn't sound OP.
    Edited by Vaoh on March 27, 2017 10:55AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am SO STOKED!!
    giphy.gif
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys have seen the abilities for the warden class how do you think it will change pvp?

Having seen all the skills in my opinion alot of people will get annoyed. Constantly getting rooted and snared will only increase the need for heavy gear wich is still op in pvp. Some damage is based on max health so its obvious wardens are gonna be rinning around with huge health huge damage and heavy gear. It feels like zenimax wants another class siniler to templar. Or do you guys think heavy armour will get slightly nurfed when this class comes?

Thanks guys id like to see your opinions

Remember Morning Kush told you this. Beware.. the health wardens are coming...
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems cool up until the frost skill line ult.

Seriously...stacking damage reduction with templars remembrance is going to be disgusting.

Nobody will need heavy armor they'll just run warden.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.