The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

YARP (Yet Another Returning Player) Advice required! :)

falcuk
falcuk
✭✭
Hi guys,

Have not played ESO since around release, i have a 50 Imperial Templar, pretty sure i was Sweep build, i was VR2 i think? only ever PVE'd, quit due to RL taking over, got side tracked by many other games but decided to give the game a try again due to the many many many changes and tons of DLC, and i fancy trying Morrowind so decided to get going before it launches.

Is there an easy way to respec now all ability points spent etc? as i guess my Templars build is now less than optimal, pretty sure i was a Stamina build with Sword and Board, and a staff on 2nd bar.

Or should i just reroll a new character and relearn the game? from what i can see everything will be the same level as my character due to the scaling mechanism now? So i could basically just reroll a new Templar, follow something like Deltias Omega guide and just level up that way? relearning the game that way?

As i dont fancy grinding through all the quests again, is it viable now to just collect shards, do delves, anchors etc and level that way to 50?

Im on EU AD if anyone has a friendly guild that has a home for a noob too :)

Best Answer

• Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can respec at any of the capital cities (Elden Root, Wayrest or Deshaan) at the shrine, which is 1/2 of the cost of what it used to be (50g per point spent). You can grind shards, delves, anchors etc, but you will have to go back and do the main quest lines eventually for the other skill points.
    Answer ✓
  • falcuk
    falcuk
    ✭✭
    Is it a viable option to just do Skyshards / Delves / Anchors etc to 50 while skipping quests etc, then just do them at 50? as i imagine the gear from them will be a help ?
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    falcuk wrote: »
    Is it a viable option to just do Skyshards / Delves / Anchors etc to 50 while skipping quests etc, then just do them at 50? as i imagine the gear from them will be a help ?

You could spend the first day or so just gathering sky shards and lore books/wayshrines then grind out to 50 and go back and do the quests to work on your CP. Quite a few people do this, but if you're learning a class from scratch, I'd encourage you to at least learn the skills before you pound out the levels.