The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

house of the silent magnifico, cant access the roof

skipsarg
skipsarg
✭✭✭
In all the video clips I have looked at of the house of the silent magnifico, it shows people going out of the upstairs door and on to the roof via the outside stairs. When I exit by the upstairs door it takes me outside and back to the front door. I would like to utlise the roof because there is no outside garden to put animals and pets. Is this a glitch or does the roof become available after you purchase the house?

Best Answers

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is only available after you purchase the house, same with the house of Grymharth's Woe in Windhelm that has a balcony without a railing over the city street.
    Any house without a "private exterior" will have this problem.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on March 27, 2017 7:29PM
    Answer ✓
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is only available after you purchase the house, same with the house of Grymharth's Woe in Windhelm that has a balcony without a railing over the city street.

The main reason I've not purchased either of these was a lack of any kind of outdoor space in the preview.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is there a reason key features have been left out of the previews of these homes?
    Answer ✓
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »

The main reason I've not purchased either of these was a lack of any kind of outdoor space in the preview.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is there a reason key features have been left out of the previews of these homes?

The reason they are left out of those previews is any external door that would take you to the zone the house is in is supposed to return you to your previous location when you exit the house, exiting the preview, instead of allowing free teleports to any and all housing locations from the collections list previews.

It's either that or charge us to port to our homes every time like they do for wayshrines you use without going to a wayshrine first. I definitely would hate that myself.

There are actually several houses with outdoor space that you can see in the preview without porting you.
    Answer ✓
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason they are left out of those previews is any external door that would take you to the zone the house is in is supposed to return you to your previous location when you exit the house, exiting the preview, instead of allowing free teleports to any and all housing locations from the collections list previews.

It's either that or charge us to port to our homes every time like they do for wayshrines you use without going to a wayshrine first. I definitely would hate that myself.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are actually several houses with outdoor space that you can see in the preview without porting you.

That's because that is "instanced" outdoor space so you can place items in it. It has another"exterior" door that takes you to the zone the house is in.
    You are not actually in Glenumbra while in the courtyard of the Daggerfall Overlook notable home. You are not actually in Stros M'kai when in Hunding's Palatial Hall.
    That is why there are loading screens when you actually leave the walled outdoor space for the open zone instead of just a quick black screen exit.