The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest way to level Blacksmithing and Clothing 1-50?

Chibs
Chibs
✭✭✭✭
:)
Edited by Chibs on March 25, 2017 3:20PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Decon everything you get that isn't ornate, basically. Sell the ornate stuff.

If you have more than one character, dump all the items you aren't going to sell in the bank and decon it on one character at a time. Loot the chests, boxes, urns, crates, baskets, backpacks you can, and decon everything that you aren't going to sell.

You'll probably find motifs and blueprints/plans/recipes if you do that. Use them yourself or sell them.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The method I used for all my crafting mules requires at least one max level character.
    • Steal CP140 gear from anywhere (I used Wrothgar).
    • Launder the items.
    • Deposit into bank.
    • Deconstruct on the desired character.

This method does require some money to launder the gear but it doesn't work out to very much and may be cheaper than other methods (buy Intricate gear or buying materials). It helps if you have maxed Legerdemain or at least Trafficker 1 to increase the number of items you can launder a day. Stealing and laundering on more than one character also speeds things up. I believe it only took me a few days stealing on 3 characters to level up all 3 smithing skills on another character.

Important note...don't deconstruct the stolen goods. You get x10 less inspiration since they changed it a while ago which makes it not worthwhile to do.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

You'll probably find motifs and blueprints/plans/recipes if you do that. Use them yourself or sell them.

If I saw it right, learning blueprints also helps level you to 50. I could be wrong, but thought I saw it happen on an alt with a duplicate blueprint.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I saw it right, learning blueprints also helps level you to 50. I could be wrong, but thought I saw it happen on an alt with a duplicate blueprint.

@FuriousStar

You earn a little Inspiration for learning Recipes and such. Not sure if the Homestead stuff is more or not. Every little bit helps. You get a small amount of Exp for learning Motifs, perhaps a bit more if you learn one that unlocks an achievement.

However, Decon is where you get the bulk of your Inspiration for Gear Crafting, followed by Researching Traits.

EDIT I tested a recipe and I earned 60 Inspiration. And that is with ESO Plus.
    Edited by Nestor on March 26, 2017 10:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Cool, I thought so. Just didn't want to give out bad info. And definitely agree on Decon. Especially the inspiration gained ones.
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to all :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Decon everything you get that isn't ornate, basically. Sell the ornate stuff.
    agree.gif

Get (white) intricate CP160 gear and decon it ...
    shades.gif
  • mexicutioner915
    I didn't know you get less inspiration from stolen items. Usually when I got full on stolen items, I would just Deconstruct without laundering
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Researching traits also provides inspiration, so if you can, research CP 160 items until you are at 50 in your skill, then you can research level 1 equipment.

I can't stress enough doing the writs as well.

You can also craft on one character, bank the items then decon the items on another character. You'll get inspiration on the character you craft the items on, and inspiration on the character you decon the items on (Note: This inspiration for decon is the exact same as if you found someone else to craft items for you and you deconned their items). There is a resource investment, for crafting the gear, stick with belts, bows, and daggers and you should be good.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    DECON and WRITS.
    ESO Plus for 10% Boost, and storage of all decon items you will be getting.

IF you only looking to lvl drafting, then find a nice like farm spot. Kill/PICK UP/DECON Repeat.
    PS when ever i have lvl a new toon i have done this and can get to LVL 50 in any one crafting skill line in a day, if you only pick up that skill lines mats to decon.

Clothing is faster since killing animal (Farming) you get scrapes to refine which will also provide inspiration.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does refining still provide inspiration? I know it did once upon a time, but it seems lately when I refine materials I get no inspiration boost out of it at all.

I assumed they removed inspiration from refining during the year I was away from the game.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Does refining still provide inspiration? I know it did once upon a time, but it seems lately when I refine materials I get no inspiration boost out of it at all.

I assumed they removed inspiration from refining during the year I was away from the game.

not 100, it's just been a part of my lvl program. i forget to notice if am getting inspiration. if not your getting mats you can sell for sure!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Important note...don't deconstruct the stolen goods. You get x10 less inspiration since they changed it a while ago which makes it not worthwhile to do.
    Never knew this and it explains so much!

Does removing the stolen label fix this problem? I would have no problem clearing items through a fence.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not 100, it's just been a part of my lvl program. i forget to notice if am getting inspiration. if not your getting mats you can sell for sure!

No, refining does not give inspiration ...
    shades.gif
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Never knew this and it explains so much!

Does removing the stolen label fix this problem? I would have no problem clearing items through a fence.

Yup, just launder the stolen weapons/armor and they give full inspiration and materials when deconstructed.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!