The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

MAGE DK PVP SETS

IlpsyducklI
So as we all know every man and his dog have enrolled a mage DK but for the people who have played DK for a log time this post is for you !!

After leaving my mage DK as the whole of tamriel has one I thought i'd come back and teach kids how to play.. Looking for new sets I'm stuck between julionus and syrabane or alteration mastery and seducer or something similar.

Any advice welcome
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a bunch of thread on this already. Try to search for it
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a monster set: Bloodspawn, Skoria, Grothdarr.

Get a sustain set: Seducer, Black Rose, Lich, Alteration Mastery.

Get a damage set: BSW, Sun, Willpower.

Call it a day.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • IlpsyducklI
    After a frustrating weekend of the DC zerg I'm very tempted to run light armour (sounds stupid I know)
    After a bit of testing I'm going to run 5 julionus 2 bloodspawn with either alternation mastery or syrabane.

• EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a frustrating weekend of the DC zerg I'm very tempted to run light armour (sounds stupid I know)
    After a bit of testing I'm going to run 5 julionus 2 bloodspawn with either alternation mastery or syrabane.
    Light armor isn't that bad. Heavy armor tends to have better synergy with the Dragonknight, but that's not to say that light armor DKs are bad. You'll need a lot more Stamina to stay alive, though, so stock up on those Prismatic glyphs. But if you can pull it off, you'll have a fair bit stronger offense, and better sustain.

At any rate, Julianos isn't the best set you can get for a DK. Yes, it's a good set, but Burning Spellweave is substantially better. Well worth the farm in my book.

As for your other set, I'd go with Alteration Mastery over Syrabane. Syrabane will be very weak against Stamina builds, while Alteration Mastery will work well against both Magicka and Stamina.

Personally, when I go light armor on my DK, I use 5 Silks of the Sun, 5 BSW, and 2 Blood Spawn. Run 1 spell damage enchant on your jewelry and 2 recovery enchants. Your damage will be astronomical, and you'll have enough sustain for the much shorter fights you'll be having (if the fight lasts long enough for you to run out of Stamina, you will die, whereas a heavy armor build might have a chance to get it back).
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on March 27, 2017 12:52PM

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattle/Seducer/ Bloodspawn/Skoria/Grothdar these days ...

For a change, tried Rattle/Necro/Shadowrend, quite surprised how well it worked. 40.5k magicka helps ...
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syrabane isn't as good in practice as it seems like it would be on paper. Seducers with decisive weapons makes sustain pretty easy, and it allows you more room for error if you put on grothdarr or skoria. Haven't tried alteration mastery but I imagine it's basically just as effective as seduces.

Bsw is definitely the way to go for burst. Sun works well too but your dragons blood heal will not be nearly as much.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

For a change, tried Rattle/Necro/Shadowrend, quite surprised how well it worked. 40.5k magicka helps ...
    I hear Rattlecage over and over again, but I'm still not sold. What is so important to put in that skill slot that it's worth giving up a different (possibly much stronger) 5-piece bonus for it? Especially considering that Entropy and Molten Armaments both have passives that trigger on their activation and extra benefits beyond just Major Sorcery (more Skoria procs/more health from Entropy, extra heavy attack damage from Molten Armaments). Even if I run Inner Light on my front bar, I don't feel so cramped for skill slots that it seems worthwhile to run Rattlecage.

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

I hear Rattlecage over and over again, but I'm still not sold. What is so important to put in that skill slot that it's worth giving up a different (possibly much stronger) 5-piece bonus for it? Especially considering that Entropy and Molten Armaments both have passives that trigger on their activation and extra benefits beyond just Major Sorcery (more Skoria procs/more health from Entropy, extra heavy attack damage from Molten Armaments). Even if I run Inner Light on my front bar, I don't feel so cramped for skill slots that it seems worthwhile to run Rattlecage.

Well I dont know ...

I couldnt imagine going w/o Rattlecage.
    The extra skill is game changing . I could replace Entropy with Armor for ex.
    And its still a bit of damage even w/o Maj sorcery. 126x2 + 100
    Edited by Vanzen on March 27, 2017 9:05PM
  • IlpsyducklI
    br0steen wrote: »
    Syrabane isn't as good in practice as it seems like it would be on paper. Seducers with decisive weapons makes sustain pretty easy, and it allows you more room for error if you put on grothdarr or skoria. Haven't tried alteration mastery but I imagine it's basically just as effective as seduces.

Bsw is definitely the way to go for burst. Sun works well too but your dragons blood heal will not be nearly as much.

If you where to run decisive weapons you are loosing out on a lot of dmg + penetration surly?
  • IlpsyducklI
    After a long night of testing last night with multiple sets i.e:

- seducer + rattle cage + bloodspawn / skoria
    - heavy julions + syrabane / alteration mastery + bloodspawn
    - light julions + syrabane / alteration mastery + bloodspawn
    - and all of the above with syrabane / sun

I found that light julions + alternation mastery + bloodspawn was my favourite, My stats where around 36k magicka 22k health and 14.5k stam and 52% crit I ran no dmg shields and double sword and shield.
  • IlpsyducklI
    So after a month and a bit of quitting eso ( sick of the zergs and stupid sets ) how are mage dk's this patch i'm complicating to try lich within a build
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after a month and a bit of quitting eso ( sick of the zergs and stupid sets ) how are mage dk's this patch i'm complicating to try lich within a build

OP
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭