The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone know what the "Altmer Glamour" effect is and how to get rid of it?

rfrooney
rfrooney
Soul Shriven
I am playing and, for no reason I can think of, my avater changes from a Redguard to an Altmer. I pull up the character screen and there is an active effect called "Altmer Glamour." I cannot find any reference to it and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a quest in Skywatch where you change to look like an Altmer, and I think it is automatic when you walk in the gate. It's been awhile, but if if is only happening in Skywatch in Auridon then I'd suspect it's the uncompleted quest.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If he is bald with a beard, then it is the quest in Skywatch
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rfrooney wrote: »
    I am playing and, for no reason I can think of, my avater changes from a Redguard to an Altmer. I pull up the character screen and there is an active effect called "Altmer Glamour." I cannot find any reference to it and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated.
    Razum-Dar sent word. He wonders why you are not at Errinorne Isle learning of the Veiled Heritance. You must go now, speak the secret phrase and find the one who will lead you to the ruler.

I cannot recall if you can disable the earring under the same category you'd find other disguises for quests.
  • rfrooney
    rfrooney
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. It was the Skywatch quest. As soon as i completed it I changed back to normal.