The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Royal Court Jester] costume a permanent addition to the crown store?

Zinaroth
Zinaroth
✭✭✭✭✭
Finally, throughout the duration of the event, the Crown Store will feature some Jester's Festival-themed items, including:

Royal Court Jester costume
Bi-Color Coxcomb Cap
Fool's Cap and Masque
Ass-Ears Jester Cap
The Jester personality

Anyone else finding that the Royal Court Jester costume isn't listed in the "Featured" section of the crown store?
I can find it in the normal costume section but it has no time limit on it.
Does this mean that it is now a permanent addition to the crown store or did ZOS make a mistake?
Some input on this would be nice. :)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was already in the Crown Store. I don't know when they put it in there, but it's already been in there at least a couple of months.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It was already in the Crown Store. I don't know when they put it in there, but it's already been in there at least a couple of months.

@SydneyGrey I know it has been featured in the crown store previously; but what you're saying is that this has been in the crown store for a few months now leading up to the Jester's Festival? If this is the case then the article which I quoted from is misleading.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is one of the things that had been in the crown store the longest, so it will stay after the festival.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    It is one of the things that had been in the crown store the longest, so it will stay after the festival.

If this is the case I don't understand why they imply that this is tied to the Jester's Festival in the article.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand in a thread about cool names, a guy shows his character but his character has the costume the jester is wearing? How do you get this costume?

JD1Mbw4.jpg
    Edited by ArgonianAustin on March 25, 2017 11:45PM
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    MAEK wrote: »

If this is the case I don't understand why they imply that this is tied to the Jester's Festival in the article.

It's probably just because it fits with the festival. But yes, it's very confusing.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one that has been in the crown store is the Jester costume, not the Royal Court Jester costume that we see in the screenshot. They look different as the previous pictures show .....

The News/Blog Article clearly states the Royal Court Jester costume will be available in the Crown Store but it is not there. The news/blog shows the same costume screenshot everyone has been inquiring about .....

Hopefully @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can shed some light on this .....

• psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    The one that has been in the crown store is the Jester costume, not the Royal Court Jester costume that we see in the screenshot. They look different as the previous pictures show .....

The News/Blog Article clearly states the Royal Court Jester costume will be available in the Crown Store but it is not there. The news/blog shows the same costume screenshot everyone has been inquiring about .....

Hopefully @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can shed some light on this .....
    Well.. please don't confuse people further!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/costumes

In the crown store there's no simple "Jester" costume, only the "Royal Court Jester", and that one's been there for months if not longer.. at least everytime I had a look at 'costumes'.

So.. the funny looking guy in the "Jester Personality" Screenshot does not wear the "Royal Court Jester" Costume, but he's put on a hat from the "Jester's Festival Hat Pack"!
    If you have a look at the hat pack in crown store, it's the hat they put on the argonian head, which kinda obscures the fact that this hat actually includes a 'face mask'!
    Edited by psxfloh on March 28, 2017 11:12AM
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been in there since the beginning of the crown store.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @psxfloh @Kodrac

Was not trying to confuse anyone. Did realize the original one was called that, my bad .....

The one that has been in the crown store is not the same costume they show in the news/blog article for the event. Lead me to believe there would be a different costume available for the event. Looks like @ArgonianAustin thought the same thing as they inquired on how to get this costume .....
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    @psxfloh @Kodrac

Was not trying to confuse anyone. Did realize the original one was called that, my bad .....

The one that has been in the crown store is not the same costume they show in the news/blog article for the event. Lead me to believe there would be a different costume available for the event. Looks like @ArgonianAustin thought the same thing as they inquired on how to get this costume .....

tbh the article about the jester festival event lead me to believe there's gonna be a special costume in the crown store, too.
    Especially their wording "Crown Store will feature some Jester's Festival-themed items [...] * Royal Court Jester costume", but *surprise*: there is no costume in the "Featured" category of the crown store! And the jester costume that we all know, because it's been in the CS for ages, just sits there like always - no discount, no highlighting, nothing.. bad advertising, if you ask me, and very confusing..