The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PS4 advice needed, please

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Soul Shriven
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Edited by [Deleted User] on March 23, 2017 3:21PM

Best Answer

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The code, which you have already entered is really all the gold edition has added to it. I'm fairly certain, now that teh content is tied to your account, that any ESO disc will load up the game, in which you should have all the access that is tied to your account.

^^^^^^^^^^^This

This is also why I run a digital copy of ESO so I don't have to deal with the disc drive at all.
    Answer ✓
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The code, which you have already entered is really all the gold edition has added to it. I'm fairly certain, now that teh content is tied to your account, that any ESO disc will load up the game, in which you should have all the access that is tied to your account.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, if you have ESO installed/patched on the machine you just need either the disc or the digital code to access the game.

As someone whose significant other had to take out the disc drive in a PlayStation 3, I would recommend any game you run on a console-- especially if its A LOT-- to be a digital purchase. Even with the replacement disc drive they put in, the thing still acts really goofy when it boots up PS2/PS1 games via the disc.

Keep in mind, with the PS4 Firmware 4.50, you can have a exFAT formatted external drive up to 4TB to store anything you need. So space is a non-issue at this point.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 23, 2017 3:29PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, even SNES has issues :)

Mine from 1991 was sent back to Nintendo to service an issue with multiple screen tearing/flickering. The video out component is once again failing on this same machine.

Even some SNES cart's have contacts that are not screwed into the board tightly enough and can wiggle around. If not placed into the top loading slot correctly, they sometimes won't boot either!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 23, 2017 3:32PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the disc got stuck once......think....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • FuriousStar
    FuriousStar
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I just installed a 1TB hard drive in my ps4 couple months ago. Had I known about the firmware coming out....I probably would have still done it anyways, haha.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Deleted to avoid the wrath of the mods
    Edited by LadyLavina on March 23, 2017 4:30PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is pretty much the only topic I can find with info about the PS4 Gold Edition, but my situation is in reverse. I have the Digital Imperial Edition installed and want to know what happens if I buy the Gold Edition. Almost all other topics are for steam and they say you must make a new account. Some topics for PS4 say you just get a code to enter and download the dlc.

Will I need a new account? Will I have to delete and re-install the game? (which is now 80+gb somehow...)

Can I get a clear answer? I can't seem to find any definitive info.

Cheers.
    PS5 EU.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Players Helping Players
    Staff Post
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am buying it just for the dlc, and at the moment the gold edition is cheaper. It's 25 euro on sale, 5500 crowns is 35 euro.

And I don't fully understand the whole thing of binding to accounts. In your case it worked because you started with the gold edition, you created your account in that game right? So the dlc was bound to that account, so no matter where you login it will work.

I am afraid that if I buy the gold with another version installed it will tell me to delete and re-install, and when the gold is installed fresh it will expect me to make a new account. Or it will just give errors. It could be intentional, to force people to pay the higher price for crowns. Gold edition is on sale like every 2nd month, crowns less often. But without any definitive info on this I'll probably resort to crowns.

Or it could work perfectly, but I can't find anyone who has done this lol. You'd think someone would have done it by now, it's been around 6 months since the gold launched, but idk, the whole thing confuses me.

Thanks for the info.

PS5 EU.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went through with it, and buying the gold edition worked fine. After purchasing it said something like "Your trial version has been upgraded to full version". All dlcs are accessible to me hooray! Hooray for saving money!
    PS5 EU.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven