The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BiS DK Tank Gear for fast clear vDSA?

Reefo
Reefo
✭✭✭
i need some help in choosing the right gear for this trial, i have completed it before using
5x hist bark
5x dragonguard
2x bloodspawn

now i know what the difficulty is like and how the mechanics are, i wish to get a good score and run it faster...

so what is going to be a good gear setup for achieving this?
i have ebon, and i can attain other sets except lunar bastian and roar of alkosh as it would take some time,

i have used tavas favour but found that using shuffle was painful to keep up as its difficult to see when used with dragon blood, i like to build with high mag sustain so i have plenty to get back stam and permablock aswell as use chains and talons etc. i have been able to do the last boss nuke being fully self sustainable and survivable with 0 difficulty due to high mag regen with the aforementioned gear setup.

Best Answer

• WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    You want to make it faster, then you def want to run Alkosh.

Normal Maw is one of the easier trials ... and everyone's always farming it- plenty of pick up groups.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
    Answer ✓
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

Normal Maw is one of the easier trials ... and everyone's always farming it- plenty of pick up groups.

Alkosh + ebon + bloodspawn?
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Reefo wrote: »
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

Alkosh + ebon + bloodspawn?

Yea that's a fine setup
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive used 5 whitestrake since beta for trials and dungeons. Its saved me plenty but noone else seems to use it ... why?
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Stratti wrote: »
    Ive used 5 whitestrake since beta for trials and dungeons. Its saved me plenty but noone else seems to use it ... why?

Mainly coz doesn't have group utility, apart from being a punching bag you're expected to bring something to the group, if u have more ultimate you have more war horns and everyone has more dps for example.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    use Powerful assault as main set, rkugamz for Stamina Support... fastest way to clear it is with stam.
    and go for spellpower cure jewellry and weapons.

well it was like this before homestead ;-)
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkosh is generally nice, but not helpful for the last boss. Because ideally the tank is (almost) always far away from his group. :cookie:
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly coz doesn't have group utility, apart from being a punching bag you're expected to bring something to the group, if u have more ultimate you have more war horns and everyone has more dps for example.

To be honest that makes no sense. I carry war horn and banner. I also use igneous shield that buffs the groups weapon damage. The sets you guys promote just add a small dps gain and sacrifice survivability. Ive been in many groups where whitestrake is proccing twice a minute even with me using spikes, shield and block.

During trash you help dps most by keeping mobs together with chains and talons and lots of taunt. Ill usually gather all adds on my runs.

Each to their own but dont encourage tanks to set up as buffers at the expense of mitigation. Sure dps will carry your bad tanking but in a marginal group you will fail.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭

To be honest that makes no sense. I carry war horn and banner. I also use igneous shield that buffs the groups weapon damage. The sets you guys promote just add a small dps gain and sacrifice survivability. Ive been in many groups where whitestrake is proccing twice a minute even with me using spikes, shield and block.

During trash you help dps most by keeping mobs together with chains and talons and lots of taunt. Ill usually gather all adds on my runs.

Each to their own but dont encourage tanks to set up as buffers at the expense of mitigation. Sure dps will carry your bad tanking but in a marginal group you will fail.

see the other thing is, and many people will agree here, is that whitestrakes is an "oh crap moment" set, with a properly built tank that thing should practically never proc.

the spell resist is useless on a dk it will put you over the cap.

hist bark is better as it saves stam for you to not cast shuffle(if you do, not worth it anymore with evasion nerf)

even seducer is better which is what im using now for pledges.

im not saying its a bad set, im saying you shouldn't need that proc because it shouldnt come to that.

nobles conquest or varens legacy is pretty decent compared to whitestrakes.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use tavas BS and the mazzatun set; can no death the entire dungeon and tank 6 of the mini bosses on the last stage! Resources matter.
    The Flyers
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because You buffing only Yourself when if You wearing alkosh+ebon You buffing everyone including Yourself and good tank basicly never drops on low HP. OP wants to know setup that will makes his score better and whitestrake definietly wont do that.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 27, 2017 6:26PM
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    I use tavas BS and the mazzatun set; can no death the entire dungeon and tank 6 of the mini bosses on the last stage! Resources matter.

mazzatun is a great set for PVP tanking! like an extra tri-pot.

for that last boss put some extra mag regen jewelry and flap your wings :smile:
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im honestly shocked that more people arent insisting on Powerful Assault - its the Spell Power Cure for tanks. It should be both Off tank and Main Tank's base set in trials. The fastest VDSA run of all time the tank wore PA AND SPC. I cant stress PA enough. you are going to be using vigor and warhorn anyway right? its FREE weapon AND spell dmg for the party members and it stacks with SPC.

3-29-2017%208-12-48%20AM_zps8ezphtae.jpg

In Trials, one tank wears 5PA, 5 Alkosh 2 BS and the other tank wears 5PA, 5 Ebon, 2 BS - you guys notice any consistency? spoiler alert: its the 5 POWERFUL ASSAULT (and 2 Blood Spawn). one tank running it is not good enough because both tanks running it will cover the group when spread out. thats 15 seconds of free weapon and spell dmg.
    Edited by Rickter on March 29, 2017 12:19PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    @Rickter I don't use vigor, just heal with dragon blood lol. Stam is precious
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter I don't use vigor, just heal with dragon blood lol. Stam is precious

you should be able to pop vigor once every 15 seconds with no hit to your resource pool. in fact, vigor should cost less than 1600 stam with proper cost reduction.

I dont know a stam tank that doesnt use vigor. as far as dragon blood? i dont even have it slotted til final boss. magicka is precious.
    Edited by Rickter on April 4, 2017 11:55AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 powerful. 5 spell power and sentinel. Cast echoing vigor and buff the group with both buffs and pop the little spider.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    5 powerful. 5 spell power and sentinel. Cast echoing vigor and buff the group with both buffs and pop the little spider.

Won't u be a bit squishy in medium? Sturdy powerful assault FML lol goodbye tel var

Why use echoing vigor when the radius of resolving vigor is 10m and powerful assault is also 10m
    Edited by Reefo on March 31, 2017 9:29AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't u be a bit squishy in medium? Sturdy powerful assault FML lol goodbye tel var

Why use echoing vigor when the radius of resolving vigor is 10m and powerful assault is also 10m

I use resolving vigor - as you just pointed out, the two morphs dont really make a difference.

and no you arent squishy in 5 medium. idk what changed. in the first 3 weeks of the trials being scaled to CP160, a lot of tanks pushed to the hard cap. then shadows of the hist or dark brotherhood changed that. all end game tanks are wearing 5 medium, and all of them are stamina.

i dont even use hardened armor 80% of the time these days. I must have an amazing healer because that makes my phys resistance like 23k
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• LilySix
    LilySix
    ✭✭✭
    Our tank is wearing powerfull assault and alkosh and I as a healer have moondancer and spell power cure.

At the moment we are rank 2 on the PS4 EU server, working for the legendary 47k score.

My tank is always complaining about magicka issues not stamina. And i'm not always healing him so don't worry !
    GM Hangovers - PS4
    "Soyez vous -même, les autres sont déjà pris"
    Oscar Wilde

Youtube channel => C'est par ici
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    our tank runs 2 bspawn 5 powerful 5 alkosh
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Our tank runs 5 leeching 5 alkosh and 2 rkugamz, but we don't use a healer.

3 pet sorcs and tank is the new dungeon meta. Deathless vDSA in under 1 hour... The damage is just amazing:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e56KrbXyaRU

Not our best run, but you see how strong it is.
    Edited by Masel on April 6, 2017 4:57PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA