The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead Guide: Housing Editor & Home Decorating"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Homestead Guide: Housing Editor & Home Decorating. The Housing Editor is a flexible tool that allows for a lot of creativity when furnishing your home. Learn more about how to use the Housing Editor in our latest Q&A guide.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Home Goods Furnishers also often carry practical, simple items that you can use to quickly decorate your home with the basics, like barrels and crates."

This made me laugh! I've got barrels and crates in my home - yep all the basics I need to live! :D

Uh...yeah...I've got over a hundred furniture items in my home and NONE of them is a crate or a barrel...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ya know you guys put a lot of stuff on your website and forums to try and explain the ambiguous or lack of information in the game.

Perhaps it would be more effective to put this stuff in the game using your artworks and such.
    Just suggesting a change as most players don't come here to read....and shouldn't as you could simply offer official information in one of the many UIs that are very lacking.

Imagine if our journals actually had all your how to and FYI articles
    Imagine if in the journal it listed
    -patch notes (recent and prior)
    -website articles
    -Helpful articles
    -Announcements
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 23, 2017 5:03PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You can use your free Inn Rooms to store extra furniture that you aren't ready to use in your other homes,..."

The real use for free apartments. Hehe
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Could you PLEASE!!!! add a way to tell which furnishings in the Housing Editor's Crown Store purchase tab are Crown Store "ONLY" furnishings and cannot be obtained in the game. I like thousand of other player have spent weeks looking for certain furniture items only to realize that those furniture items are only available through the Crown Store purchase tab, Grrrrr! Come on ZOS how hard would be to indicate that something like the "Redguard Armchair, Lattice" is a Crown Store only item.
    Edited by Mysticman on March 23, 2017 6:17PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get platforms that we can duel on. Sick of falling through wood planks
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    "You can use your free Inn Rooms to store extra furniture that you aren't ready to use in your other homes,..."

The real use for free apartments. Hehe

I'd like a real warehouse at the harbour on the docks. With personnel running back and forth with extra barrels and boxes B)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the Age Gate the Housing Guide article gave a timeout error. Succeeded on the 3rd try.

Also, article shows XB1 and PS4 controls for the Housing Editor but not for PC or Mac.
    Edited by Auldjohn on March 24, 2017 5:25AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Can we PLEASE just a fix to the collision mechanic period? Can build the most awesome dueling arena, only to be knocked through the walls every time.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a shame they didn't use the collections tab style of showing all the items that are available ingame with the ones you have highlighted, would've allowed players to more easily find items they'd like to use in their homes, could've integrated clown store items as well. At the moment players have to rely on others or external websites to see what items look like :( until they discover the plans for making them. Huge wasted opportunity :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Such a shame they didn't use the collections tab style of showing all the items that are available ingame with the ones you have highlighted, would've allowed players to more easily find items they'd like to use in their homes, could've integrated clown store items as well. At the moment players have to rely on others or external websites to see what items look like :( until they discover the plans for making them. Huge wasted opportunity :(

If you're on PC/mac try this addon called "Furniture Preview"
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Can we PLEASE just a fix to the collision mechanic period? Can build the most awesome dueling arena, only to be knocked through the walls every time.

Just echoing that it would be great to see this addressed/acknowledged. At this point I just want to know if it will ever change, or if the current collision rules are what we get.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2017.. isn't it about time the Age Gate thingy defaults to something you can just click through. Usually follow these links then get that stupid box which I'm sure "legal" forces you to have, but most of the time end up just closing the website.

At least on other sites like for example Steam, it defaults to something like 01/01/1901.
  • jdbathab14_ESO
    jdbathab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Can we PLEASE get an increase in the number of items?

Also maybe a Minstrel Assistant to play music around the house.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    Could you PLEASE!!!! add a way to tell which furnishings in the Housing Editor's Crown Store purchase tab are Crown Store "ONLY" furnishings and cannot be obtained in the game. I like thousand of other player have spent weeks looking for certain furniture items only to realize that those furniture items are only available through the Crown Store purchase tab, Grrrrr! Come on ZOS how hard would be to indicate that something like the "Redguard Armchair, Lattice" is a Crown Store only item.

Ah...so that's why I can't find a plan for the Dark Elf Chair, Angled or the Dark Elf Trestle? Really sucks that I can't furnish my home entirely with crafted items, but have to purchase some from the Crown Store if I really want to decorate a place the way I want.

Problem is there are only 2 Dunmer chairs - one of them craftable, the armchair, and the other apparently locked behind the Crown Store. Sheesh! There are only 2 other Dunmer items you can sit on - the sofa and the stool. Really limited options for Dark Elf furnishings. I see about a dozen Redguard chairs/sofas, but only 3 for Dunmer?

Here's hoping they add the rest of the racial furnishings to those that are craftable in future. Or at least give us some more Dunmer options with the release of Morrowind.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 4, 2017 7:31PM