Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homestead craft stations issue - anybody else?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm having an issue with my craft stations in my house. Almost every time I go to my house, the craft stations don't work.. I have to go into editor mode and move something, or just select and place it. Is anybody else having this issue?
NOTE: The reason I think this is a bug rather than a placement issue is that the items are green when placed and the issue can be resolved by just moving a plant or ANY item. The stations themselves don't need to be moved to get them working again.
This is particularly a problem if you want friends and guildies to be able to use your home when they don't have decorator rights.
Edited by Zypheran on March 22, 2017 12:46PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be able to tell you but since homestead I've accumulated 4wv im total. :|
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have had issues in our guild hall. Have to move them a little away from trees and walls and wat not.
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got this problem but I think I know what can be yours. When you put your station it is highlight as yellow or green? In some locations it's not so easy to put them nicely
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • MaidenOregon
    MaidenOregon
    ✭✭
    I have had this problem as well. I found that when I've got them placed on the ground level (versus on a platform), they don't require daily resetting. Hope this helps.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine craft stations work fine (I placed them outside my home). When you place yours make sure that glow around them is green, not yellow and also if there's no collision with other objects around them.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this problem as well. I found that when I've got them placed on the ground level (versus on a platform), they don't require daily resetting. Hope this helps.

This. i first noticed the issue with my assistants.

i think the key is they have to be placed on an original surface not one you created/elevated. So they can be on the landing in Sleek Creek right outside the door to the inside of the house, but my back deck built with orcish blocks wont work until i edit and move them even to the same spot. Even though they are green on placement and can be used there, once you log-out/in they are inert until again moved.

So i moved them back.

now, lights, chairs and the like seem to work fine up there.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a problem with one station. I believe it is because it is close to a wall and a wheelbarrow I placed.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, well thanks for all the feedback.
    It sounds like this is a bug. If it is green when placed it should stay usable. Also the fact that all seven stations can be fixed by moving any item e.g. a plant!! This must be a bug.
    @STEVIL you are correct. This is to do with placing items on a vanilla surface rather than a created one.
    But this is a bug and should be fixed
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played sims before playing TESO and I can tell you when you don't use a snap to grid placement this happens a lot. It is not a bug. It's placement overlap. TESO devs did a commendable job on housing. I hate snap to grid and appreciate that they did not make us suffer it. When using an interact-able object never place anything next to it. Interact-ables always have higher poly counts to. Spread your poly's out to avoid lag.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got all crafting stations and haven't had this problem.

Though, be sure to turn the crafting tables around when you place them in front of a wall. The default placement position is that the crafting stations are facing away from you.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Ok, well thanks for all the feedback.
    It sounds like this is a bug. If it is green when placed it should stay usable. Also the fact that all seven stations can be fixed by moving any item e.g. a plant!! This must be a bug.
    @STEVIL you are correct. This is to do with placing items on a vanilla surface rather than a created one.
    But this is a bug and should be fixed

i dont disagree. whether the answers is "they never work" or "they always work" on such surfaces, it should be consistent IMO.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    No problems at all...make sure you place them when the color is green otherwise they wont work.
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had this problem. When I go to move my stations I make sure they are highlighted green before I place them down again.

I have mine pretty closely together too and they all work fine.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem as well, and can get around it by switching to first person POV.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had this problem. When I go to move my stations I make sure they are highlighted green before I place them down again.

mine were all green when placed and worked right after that.

its only when you log back into house or re-enter it that some interactives on created surfaces go inert until edited again.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens when the stations load before the items you have placed them on.

So say you have a crafting station set on an orc platform. It work fine because you placed it while green.

Now leave the instance and come back, the station loads in thin air and then the platform loads under it, but the engine still sees the station in thin air. Move anything in the engine and all gets reset so the station is on the platform again.

This will happen with assistants, target dummies and stations places on anything other than ZOS created terrain.

Way to fix is prioritize anything connected directly to ZOS creations to load first, then anything connected to player creations, but i dont know if that logic is possible.
    Edited by yodased on March 22, 2017 3:45PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

mine were all green when placed and worked right after that.

its only when you log back into house or re-enter it that some interactives on created surfaces go inert until edited again.

Oh really? I have my crafter sitting inside my place and never had this issue... I usually don't move her til all of my stuff loads though.

Though I'm not really going in-and-out of my house. I usually just log her out there, farm on other characters in different parts of the game, then log on her to refine / or learn furnishings.
  • shado143preub18_ESO
    shado143preub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have this same issue in Hakkvild Hall but no other houses. If my character loads into the house then there is no issue and all works fine, but if I travel in or come in from out in the world the stations will not work unless I pick them up and put them down. This is repeatable 100% of the time on all 6 characters.