The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If everyone owns the same house whose house will I warp to when using Faster Travel Addon?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's say the guild I belong to is named TinyBigfoots. Let's say that everyone in TinyBigfoots buys Moonmirth on Khenarthi's Roost Island. All 499 members of TinyBigfoots set permission to visit for guild TinyBigfoots. Now when I go to look at Faster Travel's menu, which skips us having to find player names, I would see Moonmirth on Khenarthi's Roost Island as an option to travel to with (499) in parenthesis next to it?

So when I warp to Moonmirth on Khenarthi's Roost Island whose house will I enter if 499 of my guild members own it?

Edited by Jemcrystal on March 22, 2017 2:54AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will always travel to their Primary Residence if they are not logged in, and to the house they are in, if they are in one, when they are logged in. If they are in the overworld, then it will be their primary residence. If they have defined one that is.

In other words, Guild Halls are not working like they should.
    Edited by Nestor on March 21, 2017 10:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You will always travel to their Primary Residence if they are not logged in, and to the house they are in, if they are in one, when they are logged in. If they are in the overworld, then it will be their primary residence. If they have defined one that is.

In other words, Guild Halls are not working like they should.

Well that did not answer my question. I did not mean a guildhouse. I meant if everyone in the same guild owns the same house and we enter that house either by FasterTravel addon or by the front door, whose house will it choose for us?

But I will grant you that I did not know that about Primary Resdidence. My gawd this is confusing. Thx for that info tho. :D

PS I changed my title to try and reflect what I am saying better. Not your fault I am not telling it well.

Edited by Jemcrystal on March 22, 2017 12:49AM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about add-on but if you walk to a house entrance you will enter your home if you own or preview of you do not.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say I do not own the home. But Frank from my guild does. And so does Sarah from my guild. Both Frank and Sarah own the home and both Frank and Sarah have added me in their visitor permissions. When I walk through the front door whose house do I enter? Frank's house? Or Sarah's house?
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    Let's say I do not own the home. But Frank from my guild does. And so does Sarah from my guild. Both Frank and Sarah own the home and both Frank and Sarah have added me in their visitor permissions. When I walk through the front door whose house do I enter? Frank's house? Or Sarah's house?

If you walk to the house, regardless of what addon you have.. and you click the door this is what will happen:
    Not sure about add-on but if you walk to a house entrance you will enter your home if you own or preview of you do not.

However, in reference to the addon:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1089-FasterTravelWayshrinesmenuTeleporter.html

It always teleports you to the zone in which the person you are teleporting to is in. Just because you walk through the door and 8 million people have given you access it doesn't send you to someone else's home by default. You either teleport to player, ending up in their zone, or you walk through the door to preview the home or enter your home depending on if you have purchased it or not.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been teleporting into people's houses for days now. I do not think it is a vanilla game dynamic. Because I was told if you do not have the addon you have to click on the person's name. No other way to teleport to them. So you do not accidentally end up in someone's home you did not intend to go in. Because without the mod you need to click their name.

I HAVE BEEN TELEPORTING INTO PEOPLE'S HOUSES - not a wayshrine
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I've been teleporting into people's houses for days now. I do not think it is a vanilla game dynamic. Because I was told if you do not have the addon you have to click on the person's name. No other way to teleport to them. So you do not accidentally end up in someone's home you did not intend to go in. Because without the mod you need to click their name.

I HAVE BEEN TELEPORTING INTO PEOPLE'S HOUSES - not a wayshrine

I would post your question about that add-on on the ESOUI website. With vanilla game the only way to travel to someone else's house is via right clicking on their name and choosing to visit primary residence or travel to player if they are currently in a house.
  • Tankerbells
    Yes- right clicking a players name in your friends- and "visit primary residence", is default/vanilla to the game. I have no addons for visiting/residences- and I still have the option to visit peoples houses. But to answer the OP- if you walk to the residence- and walk thru the front door, the house that will load- will be your house if you currently own it, or it would be an empty preview house.

If you're visiting a friends house- and several friends own the same house, the house that loads- is going to be the house of the person that you right-clicked and chose "visit primary residence" of,..

So when it comes to an add-on- there's is no save "x" guild house to whatever hotkey,. it's saving @userid of either whoever you've chosen to save as guildhall owner, or whoever owner of whatever guild you've provided. So- if all members own the same house- and you choose to visit "x" guild, Who's will it be?- The house of the guild owner.
    PC/NA, DC - CP861 - StamDK (PVP), MagDK (PVE), and Tank
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just curious how you got Faster Travel (Wayshrines menu & Teleporter) to work. I was using it before Homestead and it then stopped working after the update, I read you forum post and all the replies and thought I would download it. There is no icon in the map screen. What am I doing wrong?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's confusing I aught to make a video on it. It's actually a menu not a map. You know how that when you are in a party with someone you can teleport to them by right clicking their name in the party panel tab (not the UI but the tab that opens when you hit the corresponding hotkey which I think is "P" defaulty??). Also, in your guild tab if you right click a guildmate's name you can teleport to them for free. Great way to get around.

Faster Travel skips the part where you open the panel and look for their name. Instead they just have a list of everywhere you can port to for free. It works better if you are in a bunch of 450+ guilds cause it calculates everyone you could port to and makes a list of the places instead of the names. In a big drop down menu. Several tabs over. In the wayshrine menu or your map.

If that still sucked for explanation I could maybe make a video of me using it.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete post
    Edited by Easily_Lost on April 6, 2017 8:47AM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.