Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NA PS4 campaign question

jerseylocalbandb14_ESO
Hi all,

Not sure if I should ask here or the pvp forums, but I seem to get really helpful answers here.

I jumped into my first campaign last night since quitting from PC a few years back. I saw that there were two options that seemed to have players in them: one that was 3/3 bars full but allowed CP and a no CP that was 1/3 full for each faction. I decided to go with the 1/3 full one since, from what I read here, CP is no fun unless you have 600 of them.

Anyway, once in I was surprised to find almost no fights going on. I believe in the hour I was in there, I might have seen 5 of the crossed sword symbols go up, and the ones I was able to get to were only a few people. Is this the norm now, or just because it was a Monday night ? I recall massive battles when I played PC.

Insight or suggestions for a non CP toon that loves pvp?
  • Elijah_Malos
    Elijah_Malos
    ✭✭
    Azuras star is the non CP.. population was 1/3? I have never seen a bar period for any faction other then DC and evens that seems rare. I also play on Azura's (Ebonpact).. the population is not just the campaign but also imperial city.. could be many were in there? The fights are small scalled on campaign.. EP usually gets 10 ppl group. sometimes 2 groups if my guild is there, depending on time..DC... Well from what I have seen there a bit bigger at times..AD they have there prime time as well.. But yes the fights are smaller scaled. I wish more would come to Azura's but people can't let there CP go..

Were any keeps lit up? Did you ask for a group? I find fights there most of the time.. but if you want the massive lag fights that would be scourge

Haderus had a decent population as well.. I haven't been there lately as I'm committed to Azura's now
    Elijah Malos on PC (Retired)
    Daemon on PS4
    Illicitus Website: http://illicitus.shivtr.red/
  • jerseylocalbandb14_ESO
    Maybe I got my terminology wrong. I believe I was on the 'Blackwater campaign.

As a side note, what's the easiest way to get a group in Cryodil? Not used to only having voice chat and no text chat...
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA the busiest campaign is Scourge...action there all the time, plenty of room for lower CP people. Haderus is busy a lot too. I play Scourge...there's action from 4 pm pst to midnight every night, mostly.

Blackwater is the non-vet campaign. I'm not sure how busy it gets...I think people play it. Azuras Star is non-CP and is dead, dead, dead. People use it to get shards and watch grass grow.

To get a group, use text chat. You still have it. Social...text. Put out a zone message looking for group. You'll almost always get a pick up.

Of note, right now pvp is a little weird to me. Scourge has longer queue times than I've seen in months...some nights I queue at 80. But then when I go in, it's busy, but not that busy. The battles are relatively small...20v20 for big keep fights. That's odd if there are really 400 players in there per team.

One guess is that maybe everyone is in IC farming. Not sure. I'm really sick of IC being part of the campaigns. What a flop. They need to put it over in its own campaign instance and close it off for the overland pvp campaigns. There aren't enough players to get the game populated in both areas when in a single campaign.
  • jerseylocalbandb14_ESO
    Thanks! I'll give Scourge a try! You said there are non-CP players? That's good news.