The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jesters Festival

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
So we know this starts on the 23rd of March, but does anyone know what it involves? Like do we get a new style motif or something??
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the achievements in game already for some clues, people also tested on PTS I believe (could be wrong on that one) so there should be some threads/videos out for the PTS version of it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also think there are statues to buy for your house that you need the event achievements for.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I hope for the most during this festival is the crowns sale... :smiley:
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it would be 23rd April but Jessica said 23rd March in the last ESO live. Perhaps a slight error ?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recollections of this one are a little hazy but from Test Tamriel she recalls the following.

There were quest givers in each alliance - each pretending to be an alliance leader.

Rewards wise there were flower blossoms to throw at other travellers and a purple furniture recipe - probably other things too.

Doing crafting writs during the time the festival was live got you an extra box with furniture crafting materials in them - khajiit is most looking forward to this bit.

This one she recalls it was quite difficult to test this as it was only live during the time this EU khajiit had to use a template of herself yes. Thus travelling to locations that template Santie she had not yet discovered was very time consuming.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Falamor
    Falamor
    I should like a pony.

Or someone could get hurt...
    Options
  • vHeratax
    vHeratax
    ✭✭
    Then 23 April or March?
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would assume seem as how there was the big patch this week that perhaps the festival itself might begin this week.

This one she does not know for sure though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any ETA of Website Article?
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the following I believe it starts this week.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/325146/jesters-festival-dates-confirmed/p1

I assume they want it to coincide with April fool's day.
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester's Day is on the 28th April though based on the lore.

Also @SantieClaws are you sure the daily rewards of furniture drops was from the Jester Festival? I think that is meant to be for the Jubilee Anniversary Cake event. Which should start around the 4th April. So having 2 events running concurrently is a bit odd.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll actually be publishing an article on our website today that includes all the details for the Jester's Festival. Stay tuned!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll actually be publishing an article on our website today that includes all the details for the Jester's Festival. Stay tuned!

Can we have patch notes for Xbox maintenance first please?
    Really want to know if Trials are fixed and can played again.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! :smiley:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Jester's+Festival

The Jester's Festival runs from March 23, 2017 to April 3, 2017 on PC, PS4 and XboxOne.
    Edited by akl77 on March 21, 2017 11:57AM
    Pc na
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Also @SantieClaws are you sure the daily rewards of furniture drops was from the Jester Festival? I think that is meant to be for the Jubilee Anniversary Cake event. Which should start around the 4th April. So having 2 events running concurrently is a bit odd.

This one she just recalls both of these things happening around the same time in Test Tamriel yes. It is possible they could be for different events though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

This one she just recalls both of these things happening around the same time in Test Tamriel yes. It is possible they could be for different events though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You're speaking about the anniversary gift box. Which is for...the anniversary ;) They're not in the Jester Festival.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You're speaking about the anniversary gift box. Which is for...the anniversary ;) They're not in the Jester Festival.

But .. but khajiit wants them!

The acquisition of mundane runes now gives this one the same feeling as a little of the sweetest sugar. This is not natural or normal but is to be expected for something so apparently mundane and yet so incredibly rare.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tylos001 wrote: »
    So we know this starts on the 23rd of March, but does anyone know what it involves? Like do we get a new style motif or something??

I guess 2 new crown store motifs

meh...

hopefully some good in-game rewards or recipes too
    Edited by altemriel on March 21, 2017 12:32PM
    Options
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    At least you get double xp ideal for leveling new characters lol
    Options
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭

But .. but khajiit wants them!

The acquisition of mundane runes now gives this one the same feeling as a little of the sweetest sugar. This is not natural or normal but is to be expected for something so apparently mundane and yet so incredibly rare.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

THIS one (who, BTW, is currently Bosmer x2--one Stam, one Mag--but soon to branch out into Redguard x2), is falling a little in love with @SantieClaws manner of speech.

Thank you for helping keep the Forums enjoyable.

Smiles, xari.

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness for this little break until Morrowind. I've been treasure hunting for the past few months and gotten all my stuff I have been tearing apart Tamriel for, made millions upon millions and now am very bored again. Oh, the excitement to come with this little Festival, not to mention the lags and other maintenancial-challenged (yes, new word! I figured since new words are popping up everyday in this forum and in-game, I may as well make one up too) hiccups that come with new contents. I've got loads of popcorn ready!

Options
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭

I, too, am looking forward to this festival. (I liked how the New Life Festival encouraged me to travel to new areas.)

Before I knew about the Jester's Festival though, I happened upon the tent just outside Vuhkel Guard and questioned my sanity as to whether I'd managed to overlook it before! But then, thankfully, someone on the Forums mentioned that to be one of the locations--Whew! Sanity in tact. :smile:

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time this thread gets bumped now I get excited because I think it's the ZOS post... silly ZOS icon. :cry:
    Options
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Article is up :smile:
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
    Options
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this will be like 2 weeks you can troll people without any problem.. Oh god.. I love it already
    Edited by Eweroun on March 21, 2017 2:22PM
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/03/21/celebrate-the-jesters-festival

The Jester's Festival kicks off on March 23, at 10:00am EDT. The Jester's Festival concludes on Tuesday, April 4, at 10am EDT (which is a bit odd given that the lore day for Jester's Day is much later than that :( )

Jester's Festival Box that can provide some seriously silly rewards, including:

A new hat – The Crown of Misrule
    A host of fun new consumables
    Unique Jester's Festival mementos:
    Cherry Blossom Branch
    The Pie of Misrule
    New Jester's Festival Housing items:
    Jester's Large and Small Trees
    Jester's Standard
    There are also hosts of new Achievements you can earn throughout the duration of the event, including one that grants the completely legitimate title of Royal Jester!
    Edited by LMar on March 21, 2017 2:10PM
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get the quest from all three of the jesters each day (i.e. three quests a day) or is it just one quest per day?

Khajiit she is curious.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you get the quest from all three of the jesters each day (i.e. three quests a day) or is it just one quest per day?

Khajiit she is curious.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

All three I believe
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options