Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

65,000 Writ Voucher?

KrishakPanettier
KrishakPanettier
✭✭✭
Someone posted on Console the following writ voucher valued at over 65,000. Wonder if it actually gave that many vouchers or is only a visual discrepancy. I saw this live so know it is not a manipulation or photoshop edit.

65000_voucher.jpg
Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
-- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
Guild:
- Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
- Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
- Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
- Twitter: @ShadowExiles
- www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn 65351 vouchers Damn has too be a visual glitch
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's also no trait listed. I'm going with bug.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily ,,create" that writ by copying item to Word which will show You item code and changing value there and copying it to game.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 20, 2017 9:05PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a underrun on a unsigned short value (casting a negative int into a unsigned short).

The original int value was -185 and when cast into a unsigned short it becomes 0xFF47 = 65351 ...
    type.gif

PS: Obviously, the -185 would be where the actual bug is, the 65351 is just a symptom

Edited by SirAndy on March 20, 2017 7:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't these bugs happen to me. Heck, why can't I get a 185 Voucher Master Writ?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    You can easily ,,create" that writ by copying item to Word which will show You item code and changing value there and copying it to game.

This is console. No method to manipulate in that manner that I am aware. You may be correct, there may be a way to paste a code into text chat that may return items based on a value. Text chat is a console window that does accept other commands so is possible.
    -- PS4 NA --

Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Looks like a underrun on a unsigned short value (casting a negative int into a unsigned short).

The original int value was -185 and when cast into a unsigned short it becomes 0xFF47 = 65351 ...
    type.gif

PS: Obviously, the -185 would be where the actual bug is, the 65351 is just a symptom

Thank you @SirAndy . This is the most likely explanation. I suspected as much. 65351 looked similar to hex error codes. And, as @driosketch noted, the TRAIT missing in the description caused the bug or is a symptom. But, what a shocker on first glance.
    -- PS4 NA --

Guild:

Online:
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    It appears as though it was actually valued at -185. Turn it in, get a deduction. Ha. What a shocker. But, in actuality, since the TRAIT is missing, it may never actually reward. For 65,351, I would make each of the 9 traits just to see if it would issue the vouchers. But, chances no.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Why can't these bugs happen to me. Heck, why can't I get a 185 Voucher Master Writ?

@Nestor

-- PS4 NA --

Guild:

Online:
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a bug similar to this on PC a week ago or so, each time the item was shared in chat, the voucher amount would go up by 1. It was kind of funny. There was no original voucher, by the way, it was just code entered into the chat window like Juhasow suggested.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is console. No method to manipulate in that manner that I am aware. You may be correct, there may be a way to paste a code into text chat that may return items based on a value. Text chat is a console window that does accept other commands so is possible.
    You could photoshop afterward however I got bugged master writs linked in guild chat, that however specified legendary wood or something with weapon trait. also in the 65K range
    This looks legit outside the missing trait.
    Now the real danger is if somebody sells and buy this bugged writs.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears as though it was actually valued at -185. Turn it in, get a deduction. Ha. What a shocker. But, in actuality, since the TRAIT is missing, it may never actually reward. For 65,351, I would make each of the 9 traits just to see if it would issue the vouchers. But, chances no.
    Nestor wrote: »

@Nestor

It would be great if you could do the Writ and see if does reduce your voucher count, but you would have to have ZOS cooperation to put them back if it does. Or, maybe they can create a writ with the same attributes and do it themselves. I understand not wanting risk vouchers of your own.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can put the codes into console as well
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭

Is possible. It's been done on consoles