The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You are a PS4 Magsorc. You pull 40k DPS on a skelly or close to it. Can I bother you for some help?

WarpigFunk
WarpigFunk
✭✭✭
I'm looking for advice on how to really tighten up and perfect a rotation that could potentially make me a viable candidate for vMaw group.
Not looking for a carry - I want to be a viable participant - doesn't have to be a clearing group either, even a good solid progression group - just hungry to get in there since it's the only vet trial content I haven't run. But I know my DPS is currently too weak - and it's not due to gear or skills or experience ... it's just a matter of rotation and practice.

Currently - or last time I tested a week or so ago - I can pull around 31-33k DPS on a skelly with ele drain applied by a guildy using Necropotence, depending on how clean I get the rotation.
Obviously this doesn't gauge trial efficacy - since I'd be slotting a ward, and benefiting from raid buffs - but still it's the benchmark we have so I want to nail it.

I've seen people with the same gear or even worse do better, so I just need some L2P advice from an expert.

What is your rotation, where are your skills mapped on the buttons, how's your cp distributed, - how do you start, when to use pots and ultis, etc ...

What I don't have:
A sharpened VMA staff, a sharpened moondancer staff, a sharpened Aether staff. RNG is a mother****er.
Max CP- (currently at 450, but perfectly willing to grind out max cp, if that's a substantial DPS hit.)

What I do have:
Decisive Lightning Maelstrom, Nirnhoned Ice Maelstrom, Powered Inferno Maelstrom, an inventory full of random sharpened staffs, all golded.
5 pc BSW all gold
5 pc Necropentence all gold
2 pc ilambris, gold (divine head heavy, infused shoulders medium) again, RNG is a mother****er.
assorted other monster sets, divines/infused traits, purple
3 pc aether jewelry, all gold
3 pc moondancer jewelry, gold neck, blue rings (gold neck is from an AA score run reward)
I have all crafting maxed - alchemist passives, etc ...
Can craft whatever pots I need, generally I run spell power pots.

What I've been running lately-

Thief Mundus
5 pc Necro - body pieces.
2 pc ilambris
3 pc Moondancer.
Random Inferno staff front bar sharpened
Random lightning staff back bar sharpened / Decisive Maelstrom lightning back bar

Front bar: inferno
force pulse [square]
Flex spot [triangle] - Ward, Daedric Prey, rearming trap,
crystal frags [circle]
volatile familiar [L1]
bound aegis [R1]
-destro ulti / Shooting Star

Back Bar: lightning
Elemental blockade [square]
Liquid Lightning [triangle]
Flex spot [circle] - Power surge, daedric prey, rearming trap,
volatile familiar [L1]
bound aegis [R1]
-Destro ulti / shooting star

Current rotation on DPS tests:

potion - wait till it hits 3/4 reset.
charged Heavy attack
Blockade, LL
destro Ulti
prey
familiar
Pulse / LA / Frag
reapply dots
reapply familiar / prey
potion when ready
shooting star when ready

I generally block cancel liquid lightning, and barswap cancel blockade and familiar.

Best I've seen with this rotation is 1:32 on the smaller skelly.

Based on what I've seen from vMoL skin sorcs, this is dramatically improvable. So I'm open to any suggestions, re-mapping, CP distribution etc...
Currently CP is split evenly between magician and arcanist, and I keep 75 in Thaum.

Thanks in advance!

PS4 [NA]
Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
-VERIFIED-
-FFF-
vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 450 cp putting 75cp in Thraum is a massive dps loss. Elemental expert 100 and elfborn rest and try again
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    With 450 cp putting 75cp in Thraum is a massive dps loss. Elemental expert 100 and elfborn rest and try again

Ok yea. Makes sense. I didn't want to take those points out of EE but the exploiter passive seemed nice. Easy fix. Also going to try to get to 600 cp here in the next couple weeks grinding out skyreach or something, instead of running Maelstrom 3-4 times a day.

Also do you mind letting me know what skills you have mapped to which buttons? If there are more efficient finger patterns I want to start getting used to them now.
    Edited by WarpigFunk on March 20, 2017 5:37PM
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was you with those skills, I would put on second bar:
    Curse; liquid lightning; blockade; familiar; ele drain; destro ult

First bar: Frags; force pulse, surge, familiar, inner light - ice comet

And use it in the same rotation 1; light attack 2; light attack; 3; light attack; 4; switch bar and force pulse medium weave until frag procs.

This is easiest rotation in the world as you have all your dots on one bar and direct damage on other bar.

Use destro ultimate from second bar lightning staff and switch to inferno bar

The reason with elemental expert - it buffs everything, but Thraum buffs only dots, exploiter is a great thing, but you need it when you can do 90-100 EE and then put 75 in traum.

Browse the for sorc cp optimisation and excel file for best cp distribution on 450cp
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno is he's on the same server as you but, @Vaoh is a solid Sorc on PS4.

Why do you need someone from PS4 btw?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭

Because I'm curious about the max dps rotations executed specifically with the PS4 controller, etc...
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, forgot to mention as you are on PS4, just every two circles use ele drain and 3 circles use surge.

Wait for second curse to go off and repeat rotation on your dots
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And use it in the same rotation 1; light attack 2; light attack; 3; light attack; 4; switch bar and force pulse medium weave until frag procs.

This is easiest rotation in the world as you have all your dots on one bar and direct damage on other bar.

The reason with elemental expert - it buffs everything, but Thraum buffs only dots, exploiter is a great thing, but you need it when you can do 90-100 EE and then put 75 in traum.

Browse the for sorc cp optimisation and excel file for best cp distribution on 450cp
    Interesting, looks like I need to change my cp.
    is it an reason for the rotation order as in curse first and pet last?
    Thinking as both has an 6 second run while LL run for 10 sec and blockade is 8 and you want the pet bonus from curse.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Thinking as both has an 6 second run while LL run for 10 sec and blockade is 8 and you want the pet bonus from curse.

Use haunting curse for max DPS. 3.5 sec first explosion and 8.5 sec second explosion, totally 12 sec. For console it is perfect as you can see when second explosion happens and you know that you need to start the rotation again.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

Because I'm curious about the max dps rotations executed specifically with the PS4 controller, etc...

I think that as long as you are comfortable with the way you setup your bars, use that. It takes much longer to get used to something new.

For example, I've always had my spammables on Y (Xbox) and it has never changed since I've started playing this game.
    I don't know if it helps you but I've setup up my bars like this on the Sorc and I can pull over 40k DPS on the dummy :)
    Front bar:
    (X) = Frags
    (Y) = Force Pulse
    (B) = Haunting Curse
    (LB) = Bound Aegis
    (RB) = Inner Light/Volatile Familiar
    Back bar:
    (X) = Liquid Lightning
    (Y) = Endless Fury (yeah I use this morph cause I PvP sometimes and can't be bothered respeccing)
    (B) = Fire Blockade
    (LB) = Bound Aegis
    (RB) = Inner Light/Shield/Volatile Familiar

When I use a pet, I don't use a shield and I manage to stay alive pretty much all the time, unless I don't pay attention.
    I don't like using the same finger for light attacks and my most cast abilities which is why I set it up like that. I don't have an Elite controller so I've mapped my bar swap to the right thumb-stick, which allows for the ability to move while bar swapping which is priceless in hectic boss fights. The bar swap animation cancelling is just fine, I manage to press the ability then the right thumb-stick fast enough to not increase my ability execution time.

Use haunting curse for max DPS. 3.5 sec first explosion and 8.5 sec second explosion, totally 12 sec. For console it is perfect as you can see when second explosion happens and you know that you need to start the rotation again.

Just as a side note, if the rotation you're referring to is
    Curse > Liquid > Blockade > Scamp > Force Pulse/Frags til Curse runs out > repeat
    Then it is far from being the optimal rotation for DPS. Curse is dynamic while the rest of the rotation is static, so you can't base your rotation off Curse. Your strongest DoT is Liquid Lightning, followed by Blockade and only then there is Curse. So taking priorities into consideration its pretty easy to come up with a rotatio where Curse is applied off cooldown and where you don't lose any ticks on LL or WoE. Ideally, you want to reapply your Liquid Lightning and Blockade every 9 seconds, thus maximizing uptime on both DoTs. You lose a tick on Blockade and eat 1 tick on Liquid Lightning, but when you refresh every 8 seconds, you're eating 2 final ticks on Liquid Lightning. Liquid does quite a lot more damage than Blockade, so refreshing every 9 seconds is pretty much your best option. Curse is applied every 12 seconds.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok makes sense I assumed it was the daeric prey morph.

Don't know if PS4 has an issue who came after the patch before homestead in that aim assist is disabled so you has to aim at target to hit it or trigger targeted effects.
    This is not an major issue except rotations with ground target effects like LL making LA before and after pretty hopless.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that as long as you are comfortable with the way you setup your bars, use that. It takes much longer to get used to something new.

For example, I've always had my spammables on Y (Xbox) and it has never changed since I've started playing this game.
    I don't know if it helps you but I've setup up my bars like this on the Sorc and I can pull over 40k DPS on the dummy :)
    Front bar:
    (X) = Frags
    (Y) = Force Pulse
    (B) = Haunting Curse
    (LB) = Bound Aegis
    Back bar:
    (X) = Liquid Lightning
    (Y) = Endless Fury (yeah I use this morph cause I PvP sometimes and can't be bothered respeccing)
    (B) = Fire Blockade
    (LB) = Bound Aegis

When I use a pet, I don't use a shield and I manage to stay alive pretty much all the time, unless I don't pay attention.
    I don't like using the same finger for light attacks and my most cast abilities which is why I set it up like that. I don't have an Elite controller so I've mapped my bar swap to the right thumb-stick, which allows for the ability to move while bar swapping which is priceless in hectic boss fights. The bar swap animation cancelling is just fine, I manage to press the ability then the right thumb-stick fast enough to not increase my ability execution time.

Curse > Liquid > Blockade > Scamp > Force Pulse/Frags til Curse runs out > repeat
    Then it is far from being the optimal rotation for DPS. Curse is dynamic while the rest of the rotation is static, so you can't base your rotation off Curse. Your strongest DoT is Liquid Lightning, followed by Blockade and only then there is Curse. So taking priorities into consideration its pretty easy to come up with a rotatio where Curse is applied off cooldown and where you don't lose any ticks on LL or WoE. Ideally, you want to reapply your Liquid Lightning and Blockade every 9 seconds, thus maximizing uptime on both DoTs. You lose a tick on Blockade and eat 1 tick on Liquid Lightning, but when you refresh every 8 seconds, you're eating 2 final ticks on Liquid Lightning. Liquid does quite a lot more damage than Blockade, so refreshing every 9 seconds is pretty much your best option. Curse is applied every 12 seconds.

You fill those missed ll ticks and woe ticks with force pulse and what I said is much easier to use in rotation then what you said. Specially on PS4
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so far for your helpful input.

Couple of updates.

So the last couple of days I've gone back to my old burning spellweave set/ build - and ditched the pet - I still use him in Maelstrom and some normal trials - but as I've recently been informed that most higher tier raid teams wont allow pets in a dps test I'm trying to get used to my old rotations again.
    Makes sense since pets are useless on real DPS check fights like Mage, Rakkhat etc...

Another update is that I'm realizing that my LA / ani-canceling is simply not on point the way I want it to be. It seems my cadence has just been off - resulting in periods of kind of "panic mashing" which screws weaving and rhythym.

I'm practicing on skellys now slowly LA-skill, La-skill, LA-skill ... and the consistency of seeing the LA's hit is MUCH better. I'm also getting used to LA weaving AoE skills now as well - and like a dunce I wasn't LA weaving my executes either.

Since I'm practicing slowly now though I've noticed my consistent times have actually decreased but I think in the long run this is the key to getting over the plateau that I seemed to have hit at 30-32k (with BSW, a little higher with Necro-pet)

I'm seeing more like 28-30k now - (this was a humbling experience when I tested with some guys starting a guild last night and saw lower DPS then I was used to... but I'd rather keep practicing this cadence then go back to hopeful mashing as a weaving strategy).
    As I build up speed, CP, and eventually find a maelstrom staff, I think I'll push that to 35-37k+

With a guildy I'm running Pulse, Frag, Curse, Aegis, Inner Ice Comet front bar, Wall, LL, Execute, Aegis, Inner, Destro ulti back bar. Solo practicing I swap the execute for Ele drain.

Again, thanks - this is helpful. I appreciate any more insight anyone has.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Front bar:
    (X) = Frags
    (Y) = Force Pulse
    (B) = Haunting Curse
    (LB) = Bound Aegis
    Back bar:
    (X) = Liquid Lightning
    (B) = Fire Blockade
    (LB) = Bound Aegis

You fill those missed ll ticks and woe ticks with force pulse and what I said is much easier to use in rotation then what you said. Specially on PS4

LL + WoE >>>>>>>>>> Force Pulse. It doesn't make up for the damage lost. The difference in DPS is pretty huge too.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all so far for your helpful input.

Couple of updates.

So the last couple of days I've gone back to my old burning spellweave set/ build - and ditched the pet - I still use him in Maelstrom and some normal trials - but as I've recently been informed that most higher tier raid teams wont allow pets in a dps test I'm trying to get used to my old rotations again.
    Makes sense since pets are useless on real DPS check fights like Mage, Rakkhat etc...

Another update is that I'm realizing that my LA / ani-canceling is simply not on point the way I want it to be. It seems my cadence has just been off - resulting in periods of kind of "panic mashing" which screws weaving and rhythym.

I'm practicing on skellys now slowly LA-skill, La-skill, LA-skill ... and the consistency of seeing the LA's hit is MUCH better. I'm also getting used to LA weaving AoE skills now as well - and like a dunce I wasn't LA weaving my executes either.

Since I'm practicing slowly now though I've noticed my consistent times have actually decreased but I think in the long run this is the key to getting over the plateau that I seemed to have hit at 30-32k (with BSW, a little higher with Necro-pet)

I'm seeing more like 28-30k now - (this was a humbling experience when I tested with some guys starting a guild last night and saw lower DPS then I was used to... but I'd rather keep practicing this cadence then go back to hopeful mashing as a weaving strategy).
    As I build up speed, CP, and eventually find a maelstrom staff, I think I'll push that to 35-37k+

With a guildy I'm running Pulse, Frag, Curse, Aegis, Inner Ice Comet front bar, Wall, LL, Execute, Aegis, Inner, Destro ulti back bar. Solo practicing I swap the execute for Ele drain.

Again, thanks - this is helpful. I appreciate any more insight anyone has.

Pets can be used on pretty much every boss in this game:
    vMoL: The Forgotten (the 1.5 sec resummon after Pillar Phase is totally worth the huge DPS from pets) and Rakkhat
    vAA: Storm Atro, Stone Atro and Varlariel
    vHRC: all bosses
    vSO: Stonebreaker and Ozara

So the only final bosses where you can't use pets are the Mage and the Serpent. Well, you actually can use them on the Serpent, but the scamp will die to every Meteor. Which is strange as pets are only supposed to lose 45% of their max health from a single hit. So definitely use pets on all the above bosses, the AoE DPS is just huge and even the single target is borderline OP (definitely OP actually).

I personally don't use Necropotence because swapping out pets on certain bosses is enough time lost when going for a score, so I just keep Burning Spellweave. The difference in DPS is around 500-700 DPS between the two sets (self buffed, in a
    raid, Necro is flat out better). I also don't use Daedric Prey for the same reasons as above, in some fights, you can't use pets.

Light attacks on magicka builds are among the highest source of DPS. The consistency in weaving is VERY important.

Also switch from Ice Comet to Shooting Star. It will do more DPS because of Engulfing Flames and the ultimate return on hit (you can throw out more Meteors more often = more DPS).

A vMA staff is around extra 1-2.5k DPS depending on the consistency of your light attack weaving.
    Edited by Izaki on March 21, 2017 6:56PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, at what point does this not become true anymore? I have 530 CPs and was wondering if Elborn should take the majority of my remaining CPs (after 100 in E Expert), at least for the purpose of single target DPS on the test dummy.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, at what point does this not become true anymore? I have 530 CPs and was wondering if Elborn should take the majority of my remaining CPs (after 100 in E Expert), at least for the purpose of single target DPS on the test dummy.

Only put 75 CP into Thaumaturge when you have 600 CP :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I maxed out E Expert, have about 20 in Spell Erosion, 25 in Thauma, and the rest in Elfborn.
    Edited by The_Lex on March 21, 2017 7:08PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I maxed out E Expert, have about 20 in Spell Erosion, 25 in Thauma, and the rest in Elfborn.

I'd take the points out of Spell Erosion. Keep in mind that Elfborn has jump points too.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to go in depth here.

But just so you know.

@WarpigFunk

Our 2 core vmol groups run 25-30k dps each member on average and we get through the content fine.

I would always tell you and everyone else to improve but if people are demanding such high numbers just tell them to go jump you don't need that frustration.

However I applaud you're willingness to learn and get better as a player.

BSW/IA/Sharpen staffs can pump out 30-35k dps without pet and without trap.
    Necro/IA/Sharpen Staffs can pump out 35-45k dps with pet build and a perfect rotation.

However you also got to keep something else in mind no point doing tests with traps/multiple pets just to prove you can hit 40k dps... I would always tell people run your trial setup on dummy because that's what you'll run in there no point running multple pets + trap + mages wrath when you cant accommodate it in vmol.

More you know.

I wish you luck on finding those dps numbers you seek.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Luk.

Update: I'm now consistently hitting over 34k. My official guild time in testing is 34,672 something or other... but I've hit over 35k a couple times on unofficial practice runs.

I'm still sitting around 450 cp - and back bar'ing a precise maelstrom lightning staff.

took the points out of thaumaturge and maxed elemental ... so I'm 100 elemental expert / 20 elfborn / 32 or 33 thaumaturge

Otherwise I did nothing with my build - just practiced weaving. I've got it down pretty good now but with solid room for improvement. max cp, a sharpened maelstrom, and maybe a sharpened moondancer front bar, and I feel like I could start hitting that big dog deeps. Also clearing maelstrom faster and putting out good damage in trials. That poor skelly is doing the lords work for my dps.

Practice really makes all the difference. Just knowing what I was doing wrong - and slowly working on fixing it made a massive difference. Getting there.

Cheers.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    @WarpigFunk so what does your rotation look like now? I need to start practicing on my magsorc. Just hit target dummy for first time - humbling experience.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Luk.

Update: I'm now consistently hitting over 34k. My official guild time in testing is 34,672 something or other... but I've hit over 35k a couple times on unofficial practice runs.

I'm still sitting around 450 cp - and back bar'ing a precise maelstrom lightning staff.

took the points out of thaumaturge and maxed elemental ... so I'm 100 elemental expert / 20 elfborn / 32 or 33 thaumaturge

Otherwise I did nothing with my build - just practiced weaving. I've got it down pretty good now but with solid room for improvement. max cp, a sharpened maelstrom, and maybe a sharpened moondancer front bar, and I feel like I could start hitting that big dog deeps. Also clearing maelstrom faster and putting out good damage in trials. That poor skelly is doing the lords work for my dps.

Practice really makes all the difference. Just knowing what I was doing wrong - and slowly working on fixing it made a massive difference. Getting there.

Cheers.

@WarpigFunk

Glad you're hitting those numbers.

Good work. WIth a sharpen vma lightning you should see another 5% increase easily.

You moved points out of therm but now you don't get the off balance the extra 10% to all damage output 75 points therm. Did you try this and still didn't receive good results?

Those numbers are truly impressive with your CP so once again I applaud you for point in time and effort as not only you will benefit for this but your entire raid group.

Best of luck.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    @WarpigFunk so what does your rotation look like now? I need to start practicing on my magsorc. Just hit target dummy for first time - humbling experience.

So my rotation for skelly test is

Potion: wait until 3/4 full
    charged heavy inferno staff
    Barswap
    Destro ulti lightning staff
    LL - LA - Ele Block - LA - Pet - Barswap
    LA - Curse - [LA - FP]x4 (frag if / when procc'd)
    Barswap
    LL - LA - Ele Block - LA - Pet - Barswap
    LA - Curse - [LA - FP]x4 (frag if / when procc'd)
    Repeat until 20%
    LA - LL - LA - Ele Block - LA - Pet - LA - Execute - LA - Execute - LA - Execute - LA - Execute
    LA - LL - LA - Ele Block - LA - Pet - LA - Execute - LA - Execute - LA - Execute - LA - Execute
    Til dead.

Use Shooting Star front bar ulti when it's up.
    Use Potion when it's up (spell power potion)

With JUST ele drain applied - this can hit 35k+ even with occasionally imperfect weaves
    With Worms PLUS ele drain it's easier to sustain.

If the test requires a "trials rotation" i/e: a ward slotted - then I drop execute and slot the ward there, with minimal DPS loss.
    If the test requires "no pet": then I run 5pc BSW instead of Necropotence, and slot inner light front bar / rearming trap back bar - DPS remains basically the same, if not marginally lower.

5 pc Necro / 2 pc ilambris / 3 pc Moondancer / Maelstrom back bar / Random inferno front bar

FB:
    force pulse / curse / frags / pet / bound aegis / shooting star
    BB:
    ele block / LL / Wrath / pet / bound aegis / destro ulti

I light attack weave everything - including DoTs, and I block cancel liquid lightning.
    Edited by WarpigFunk on March 29, 2017 1:28AM
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • artificial_blue
    Which curse do you use?
  • artificial_blue
    And what is optimal CP distribution at cp600?
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Which curse do you use?

Daedric prey for pet build - haunting curse for no pet build.

Also optimal cp distribution is subjective - but I'd go like:

100 ele expert / 75 thaumaturge / 22 elfborn / 1 staff expert / 2 erosion

iirc you get the same benefit from 22 elfborn as you do from 25 elfborn due to rounding ... so thats why the points in erosion and staff ....

Green tree would be
    100 mag / 100 arc

Red tree changes depending on content. But prob keep like 20 in Bastion and 28 in thick skin ... and swap up the Hardy/ ele defender distribution depending on trial. (more in hardy for HRC and SO, more in ele defender for Maw and AA) - even distribution for everything else.

Also recently swapped to Lightning / Lightning staffs for soloing, maelstrom, and skelly tests ... inferno back bar / lightning front bar for trials.

Lightning front bar buffs the pet damage ... so its a dps gain.
    Edited by WarpigFunk on April 7, 2017 8:20PM
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which curse do you use?

Daedric prey for pet build - haunting curse for no pet build.

Also optimal cp distribution is subjective - but I'd go like:

100 ele expert / 75 thaumaturge / 22 elfborn / 1 staff expert / 2 erosion

iirc you get the same benefit from 22 elfborn as you do from 25 elfborn due to rounding ... so thats why the points in erosion and staff ....

Green tree would be
    100 mag / 100 arc

Red tree changes depending on content. But prob keep like 20 in Bastion and 28 in thick skin ... and swap up the Hardy/ ele defender distribution depending on trial. (more in hardy for HRC and SO, more in ele defender for Maw and AA) - even distribution for everything else.

Also recently swapped to Lightning / Lightning staffs for soloing, maelstrom, and skelly tests ... inferno back bar / lightning front bar for trials.

Lightning front bar buffs the pet damage ... so its a dps gain.

Yeah the optimal CP distribution is actually 98 Ele Expery, 75 Thaum, 26 Elfborn and 1 Staff expert

But you were close enough
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade