Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Woodworking research taking TWO WEEKS?

ValandarTheRed
ValandarTheRed
✭✭✭
Okay, after researching a bow a few days ago, this is what I get when opening the woodworking research tab - and keep in mind this toon has maxxed skill rank and all the perks, and I'm trying now to get all the attributes...

yrv4VnO.jpg

Total of nearly TWO WEEKS? What the HECK?!?!?
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you research nirnhoned itll be 30 days :/
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats normal, been this way since the beginning. Nirnhoned is going to Take you 30 Days on a fully upgraded char.

The Research time dubles for each new trait.
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. When you do that last one, be prepared. Two weeks will seem pretty good. :smile:

Research is intended to be a long term project, not something that you do in an afternoon. They want you at it for a long time, if you want to have all of the traits.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, yeah with all perks, eso + still 27 days on the ninth trait. Sorry op but that made me laugh.
  • ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, it's just the clothing ones take only a few hours, so I thought it was a bug or something.
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Woodworking ones you started out with also only took a few hours. The thing is, you can get Woodworking done faster than clothing because there are less item types to analyse. The clothing ones with 7+ Traits will also be in the week long range to analyse.
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it's just the clothing ones take only a few hours, so I thought it was a bug or something.

I am having an Alt learn traits. I am learning my 6th trait on Wood and still learning the 4th trait on Clothing. Reason, there are 7 Wood items to learn traits on, there are 14 Clothing items (and 14 Black Smithing too) so that one takes longer.

One thing you can do to help and get you to making 9 trait items sooner is to focus now on only those pieces you would use. For example for a Caster, Heavy Chest and Legs, Light for the other 5 pieces, and a Destro Fire (or whatever Element you use). For a Stamina Character, all the Medium Armors, and Daggers or Swords or what ever weapons you use. Get those to 9 traits now. Then go back and fill in the rest.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. When you do that last one, be prepared. Two weeks will seem pretty good. :smile:

Research is intended to be a long term project, not something that you do in an afternoon. They want you at it for a long time, if you want to have all of the traits.

There is a big gap between (2 weeks plus 30 days times the number of pieces) and an afternoon for unlocking the last two least useful traits for your crafting.

I wish they would tie quality upgrade to known traits:
    if your character knows for a give type of piece:
    1-3 traits upgrade white to green
    4-6 upgrade green to blue
    7-8 upgrade blue to purple
    know 9 upgrade purple to gold.

Then, trait research time would impact drop set support and affect a lot more folks.

then that whole "waiting around for clocks to tick off builds character" would be put to the test.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• DarthCarnate
    Without any skills or ESO+ or whatever, the first trait research for an item takes 6 hours. Each one after that takes double the amount of time the last trait did. If you still didn't get any of the skills to reduce the time, that last research would take 64 days. That's over two months! Two weeks ain't much compared to that...
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side. You are doing research when you are off-line.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your in for a big surprise.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more you've learned, they longer the next one takes.

Just must be that you have learned more in woodworking than clothing.

They take the same time though.

The last one is 30 days, 27 with ESO plus.

Don't know the rest, but for example.

First = 12 hours
    Second = 1 day
    Third = 2 days
    4th = 4 days
    Etc
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

First = 12 hours
    Second = 1 day
    Third = 2 days
    4th = 4 days
    Etc

I am pretty sure it starts with 6 hours and ends with 64 days for ninth trait with no passives to reduce time.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

First = 12 hours
    Second = 1 day
    Third = 2 days
    4th = 4 days
    Etc

I am pretty sure it starts with 6 hours and ends with 64 days for ninth trait with no passives to reduce time.

Yeh, I don't know what they all are. Was just an example. I just know that with the perks the last one is 30 days.
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    I like the ESO way not to getting it all fast. We lose the taste after we get the dessert so let's prolong the dinner.
    Edited by pkuronen on March 21, 2017 12:15PM